Stop That Hacker! (2020)

By KatherineYork7

The Devil's den; a notorious hangout for high school seniors, computer geniuses and competitive gamers. And a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
FAMILY LAW
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Checking point
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
UPDATE
Update 2
Paperback version

Chapter 57

37.7K 1.8K 818
By KatherineYork7

Francy's p.o.v

Nooooooooooo! It was happening! AGAIN THIS YEAR LIKE THE LAST.

We were sitting in front of the giant TV and I was absolutely disgusted with what I was seeing.

"Another trash movie." Remi pulled out her notes and scratched this last one off.

"This is unbelievable!" I threw an empty chocolate wrap towards TV. It fell into the previously accumulated pile of wraps that Remi and I have been throwing for a while.

We had three different sugary hot beverages since this morning, three giant chocolate santas, a box of ginger cookies bought from the best bakery in town, crackers to switch things up then back to the sweets. We were probably high on sugar but definitely not nearly done.

Remi's mom had sent us pancakes that were in waiting, then some healthy salads for lunch and sweet rice pudding for later.

Like every year, before going onto the best Christmas movies of all time we had to weed out the horrible ones and the new cute ones from the batch. That meant sitting and watching hours of cringe worthy Christmas movies. In French, Italian, German, Swedish, English, and just in case check for any Korean Japanese and Chinese movies that might cover Christmas.

Not that we were going to stop watching them on Christmas. No way. We continued doing this until New Years.

Today's movie theme was Christmas' princes.

And let me tell you, another one of these and I was going to cancel Christmas.

"Who writes these scripts?" Remi was horrified. She was already setting up the next one "I hope this next one is better. I have high hopes."

"What's this one's plot?" I asked as I saw a picture on the screen that looked similar to every other Christmas movie poster.

"It's a Danish movie. They just started dating and she doesn't know he's a prince and he has to take her home for Christmas to his country. His mother wants to set him up with an old love flame that she approves of and she invites her to the castle."

"So like every movie ever." I shook my head disappointed.

"But.." Remi continued. "The plot twist is that the prince doesn't want to disappoint his mother nor his girlfriend so he talks to his younger twin brother.."

My ears perked up. "Did you just say twin brother?"

Remi smirked. "Aham. And the twin brother has to pretend he's the prince and spend time with the girlfriend. The actual prince meets his ex and old feelings start coming back. While the twin brother starts falling for the new girlfriend, she seems to like the new side of the prince."

"It sounds like I've watched this already in another version, but I'll be damned . It seems juicy. I want to love it. Hit me." I settled on the couch ready for the movie.

An hour in this movie Remi and I were losing it. In a good way.

"Oh he wants to tell her he is the twin, but he can't because it will break her trust. I hate this burn." I cuddled the pillow closer.

"I bet he won't tell her and she'll find out during a final ball scene when she sees both brothers and storm out heartbroken." Remi predicted. "And then he will go after her."

I shook my head. "I think she'll see the ex and the prince kissing. She thinks she's betrayed and then boom she sees the other brother. He can't say anything because he knows what he did was wrong. She gets ready to leave and then a maid convinces her to go to the ball all dolled up and confront the twin. You know, very Hilary Duff in a Cinderella story, moment."

Remi nodded. "Oh that's good."

We tried to sit still until the movie ended.. and then..

Oh god!

Remi and I stood up hugging and screaming. We just had to celebrate finding this golden egg.

"I can't believe it ! What a twist. Wow just wow." I applauded.

"I am impressed." Remi grabbed her notes and circled the movie name with hearts. "You get this once in a lifetime."

I mean the ending was just marvelous. The movie ended with a peek. The girl met the father aka the King who showed up late in the movie and he showed her a picture of his late brother who was his twin. She reached for another photo of two baby boy twins and asked the king which one was him and the King answered that those were his sons.

Realizing what that meant as it explained a lot of things, she tried spotting the difference between the brothers and tried to see who she really loved.

At the end the twin confessed the truth at a ball and shared his love for her to everyone. When that happened, she revealed it all. That she knew all along about the lie and knows who she really loves. We got a happy kiss and also the first prince and his ex were back together as well. We got two romances in one.

Remi was ready for the next one when Dad burst into the door with Ace, Kai and Rehan carrying bags and bags of groceries. They were literally tripping over each other to get to the kitchen with the heavy bags.

"Getting ready for the party?" Remi asked.

"Yep." Dad answered her and ran to the kitchen.

Ace smiled at her and followed dad. Kai stopped mid way and smiled at her. "Hi."

"Hi." Remi answered, visibly confused.

"Come on. Move!!" Rehan nudged him with the heavy bag he was carrying. Kai moved along and they vanished into the kitchen.

I glanced at Remi. This was so new to me. No weird "hi" nor repeating patterns. They were making progress.

"Should we move things along in your room?" Remi asked.

"Probably for the best. It's going to get crowded." I said and took the trash we had left, carrying it to a garbage bag I prepared before-hand. In minutes we moved our blankets, notes, phones and snacks in my room.

Remi placed the snacks on my desk and then saw my notes. I had written down all the ideas for hair and outfit for the Christmas party. She turned around smiling. "Girl you're going all out for this guy."

I guess she saw the dress notes. " I want him to fall on his ass when he sees me." I scooted over to her and hugged her. "If you come to the party you can also dress up and let Kai fall on his ass too."

She stomped annoyed. "Fraaancyy don't do this to me. You know I can't."

"Just try okay. Maybe after the party is over, you can come over to "give me a present" and then Kai can see you in a sexy dress."

She pinched my cheeks.

"OUCH..oUCH.."I pushed her away laughing.

"Fine! I'll try."

"Yay. Let's come up with an idea of what you could wear."

"Let me rummage through your closet." Remi ran towards my closet immediately.

***

Around 9 p.m.  Remi and I were laying on my bed completely exhausted, stomach full of food and somehow content. It was a tough day but we made it.

"Same time tomorrow?" Remi asked.

"You bet." I rolled on my stomach and reached for my phone.No texts from Elric.

"No Lucy?" Remi teased.

"I told him I'll be hanging out with you so I guess he doesn't want to bother me."

She smiled. "You guys came far from where you started."

I sighed. "It seems like it was yesterday he helped me save Momo and I feel like I miss that but then I love how far we have come but then I worry about how far we can go without fighting.I have all this emotion pent up and I don't know what to do with it. I feel like I could explode. Or it might just be because of the food we ate."

Remi came up on her elbows to face me. "Hey. I know how you can get rid of all that emotion. "

I tried to focus. What did she mean by that? And then it hit me.

"Remi no. We swore we weren't going to do that anymore. It almost destroyed us last time. " I got up. "I completely reject the idea. No."

"Oh come on." She smiled. "We bounced back didn't we?"

I shook my head. Absolutely not.

....

Twenty cocal cola commercials later I was just like Rudolph. Red nose from crying with used tissues all around me.

Remi wasn't any better either.

(You don't have to watch all of the videos. I just posted them in case you want to watch them)

"That was amazing." Remi sniffled and wiped her tears with her sleeve.

"Incredible. I still have chills." I wiped my nose.

"Francy.." The door opened. "Mom asks if you and Remi want dinner?" Kai's head peeked from the door. Despite my blurry vision from all the tears I cried watching these sappy commercials I could see Kai's red ears beaming miles away.

Look at him being braver and braver with Remi. I was kind of proud.

Suddenly he slammed the door open and rushed towards Remi, kneeling next to the bed, beside her. "Why are you crying?"

Remi was bewildered. She couldn't utter a single word.

"Are you hurt? Did someone say something to you?" He was looking at her like a lost puppy.

He didn't even notice that I was in tears too. One look at his beloved and this knight in shining armor was on his knees. Literally.

I pulled another tissue from the box, wiping my nose. My, my. We came a long way from hi and hey to this.

He's gonna be really embarrassed when he finds out what this really was about. Oh well.. His problem.

"No um..We just.." Remi started.

"You can tell me." He got even closer to her.

She cleared her throat. " Um...We just watched a commercial that really tugged on our heart strings."

"Oh." Kai slowly started fading back to reality. He was processing..His eyes shifted to the laptop and then me.

I waved my tissue at him.

And he glanced back at Remi.

Embarrassed wasn't even close to describing the emotions he was probably feeling. Without saying anything he just got up and then cleared his throat."Right..Bye."

He ran out there like he was the Flash himself.

"He is so sweet." Remi turned towards me in awe. "He was so caring, did you see that?"

"Aha." I threw the tissue away. She was the only one who ever got Kai to care about anything that didn't include a payout.

"You see I didn't get him before. But he is actually really sweet." She hugged one of my pillows. "Ahh.."

I shook my head in awe. Like every normal girl in my childhood I wondered if Remi would ever have a crush on some of my brothers. Maybe Ace, my older caring brother who had a way of charming everyone.. or Rehan who had an adorable childish personality but could take her on quite the adventure.

But Kai..the brother who charged me room service when I was sick and mom would make him bring me tea and snacks; the brother who had an accounting book since he was seven making sure we didn't have any money that we owed him. The one who swore to get rich and powerful and completely crush our third grade math teacher that gave him a C on a test.

And yet here we are and she calls him sweet.

Well I guess it was pre told-destiny when Kai showed interest in her.  It was all so subtle at the beginning.

One time she came over and mom didn't have the toffee snacks that were Remi's favorite. Kai went out to buy them in a second. If she needed to copy homework he was on it. If she wanted to watch something else on TV he would change the program immediately. If she wanted a toy it was hers. And then in highschool he got to the point where he was too nervous to look at her or talk to her and the rest is history.

It wasn't until I rewatched Beauty and the Beast that I understood Kai a bit better.

"There must be something there that wasn't there before." I sang and threw myself on the bed next to Remi.

She gave me a look completely confused. "You okay?"

Oh my dear Remi. "Just fabulous."

Maybe I should tell her Kai likes her?

"Kai's so cute. Should I stay for a sleepover?" She cuddled her pillow again. "I want to glance at him across the dinner table. Touch his hand accidentally when I go to pet Pierre in his arms. Maybe lean in to tell him to change the channel. My heart just goes crazy when I'm near him. Should I make a move on him?" She was fast to wiggle the thought away. "Oh no, I'can't. What if he doesn't like me?"

I sighed. Touch him accidentally? Make a move on him? Is she trying to send him to the hospital with a heart attack.

Maybe it was better to keep Kai's secret for just a bit longer.

Hope you guys enjoyed that. Here is  just a sneak peak of some of the things you can see on my instagram @katherineyorkteam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...
495K 12.2K 37
Gracie May is a shy nerdy girl with major trust issues especially when it comes to guys. Her simple life gets turned upside down the moment 'Ryan Gr...
1.1K 112 42
Jane's a teenage weirdo. She's awkward, plain, anxious, and above it all, a hacking prodigy. Ryder's the quintessential high school hero, or so it...
684K 19.6K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...