AQR3.2: An Agent from the Mod...

By wittywinty

Book Cover created by: @Cattyalita 032621-072821 Continuation of Yumi's journey in the ancient era. More

1: Half a Year Later 1
2: Half a Year Later 2
3: Half a Year Later 3
4: Half a Year Later 4
5: Half a Year Later 5
6: Invitations
7: Agreement 1
8: Agreement 2
9: Agreement 3
10: Parade 1
11: Parade 2
12: Gathering 1
13: Gathering 2
14: Great General's Birthday 1
15: Great General's Birthday 2
16: Request
17: Fastforward 1
18: Fastforward 2
19: M Capital 1
20: M Capital 2
21: Governor General
22: Introductions and Arrivals
23: Double Date
24: Deputy General's Woman
25: Guild Meeting 1
26: Guild Meeting 2
27: Lovely Night
28: Invited 1
29: Invited 2
30: Invited 3
31: Invited 4
32: Invited 5
33: Invited 6
34: Challenged 1
35: Challenged 2
36: Challenge 3
37: Challenge 4
38: Challenge 5
39: Challenge 6
40: Challenge 7
41: Ideas 1
42: Ideas 2
43: Ideas 3
44: Ideas 4
45: Big News 1
46: Big News 2
47: Little Celebrations 1
48: Little Celebrations 2
49: Flower Viewing Party 1
50: Flower Viewing Party 2 🎉
51: Flower Viewing Party 3
52: Stolen 1
53: Stolen 2
54: Stolen 3
55: Stolen 4
56: Stolen 5
57: Retribution 1
58: Retribution 2
59: Retribution 3
60: Retribution 4
61: Fateful Encounter 1
63: The Wedding Day 1
64: The Wedding Day 2
65: The Wedding Day 3
66: Honeymoon 1
67: Honeymoon 2
68: Honeymoon 3
69: Honeymoon 4
70: After Honeymoon
71: Don Enrico 1
72: Don Enrico 2
73: Don Enrico 3
74: New Regency
75: Doña Silvanna
76: Forgotten Skills
77: Fall-Out
78: Returned
79: Gestation Period
80: Abdicated
81: Second Wife 1
82: Second Wife 2
83: New Life, New War 1
84: New Life, New War 2
85: New Life, New War 3
86: New Life, New War 4
87: Missing Enemies 1
88: Missing Enemies 2
89: Execution 1
90: Execution 2
91: Execution 3
92: Execution 4
93: Next Move
94: Months Later 1
95: Months Later 2
96: Months Later 3
97: Unwanted Visitors 1
98: Unwanted Visitors 2
99: Surprised 1
100: Surprised 2 🥳
101: Ganged-up
102: Cutthroat
103: Dilemma
104: Opening up 1
105: Opening up 2
106: Rebellion
107: Departure 1
108: Departure 2
109: Arrival
110: Retreat
111: Reinforcement
112: Parachute 1
113: Parachute 2
114: Safe Area
115: Tower of Death
116: Lifeless
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
Epilogue 6
ANNOUNCEMENT
Side Story 1: Good Karma
Side Story 2: Silverlining
Side Story 3: The Chase
Side Story 4: Complex
Side Story 5: Intense Feelings
Side Story 6: The Cliff

62: Fateful Encounter 2

2.9K 248 95
By wittywinty

"That bitch!"

Helena gritted her teeth in anger habang lulan siya ng karwahe pabalik sa kanilang mansion.

She no longer had the mood to choose a dress.

That bitch had won again and even insulted her like that.

That owner was Yumi's brother?!

Saka lang niya naalala na ayon sa imbestigasyon nila, Yumi had actually three foster brothers. Ngunit sino ba namang mag-aakala na ang isa sa tatlong iyon ay siyang may-ari ng paborito niyang boutique?

Labis labis talaga ang galit ni Helena sa mga oras na iyon. She wanted to get even but at the moment, that Yumi had an upperhand because of her scandal. Just by a mere mention of it was enough to make her lose her sanity.

But still, she didn't want that Yumi to keep on winning over her. She needed to get even.

"Señorita..." Tawag atensyon sa kanya ng nakakatanda niyang maidservant.

"What?" Helena even glared at her.

But the maid simply bowed her head and calmly continued talking to her.

"Señorita, you cannot go home yet. You only have this day to go out for your wedding dress."

"Do you want to die early? I am pissed right now. Stop talking about wedding dress."

"Señorita, I am sorry but I receive an order from your mother. I have to make sure we will accomplish something today. How about we go first to Señorito Nero? Maybe he might be able to help you about that wedding dress?"

This made Helena frown and think.

Well... Nero might really be able to help her. After all, he was the son of Governor General. That Yumi's brother might give him face because of this fact.

And so, Helena commanded to coachman na magbago ng direksyon at magpunta sa residence ni Nero. After that, she gave the older maidservant a look.

This one was new. She was given by her mother to advise her when necessary. But Helena was prideful and would never accept an advice from a maidservant. And so, she didn't pay any importance to this old one.

However, this maidservant might not be that bad at all. She would put her to tests and decide if she was rightful to be her right hand.

***

"You are here." Gulat pang sabi ni Nero pagkakita kay Helena. At the same time, he was relieved. He intended to come to her house today too. But since she was already here, he didn't have to do so.

That's good. Because his hands were aching again.

Although hindi na niya kailangan pa ng benda para dito, but he was still recuperating them.

He was injured severely that all of the doctors na pinatingin sa kanya ng kanyang ama ay walang magawa tungkol dito. That Mateo had really disabled his hands.

A severe loathing appeared in his eyes pero agad din iyong nawala. The most pressing matter was convincing this lady to his plan.

"Come inside." Aya niya kay Helena at nauna ng magtungo sa opisina niya.

"Nero, I have matter to discuss with you." Helena started as soon as they reached the office at makaupo silang dalawa. Hindi na niya binigyan pa ng pagkakataon na makasalita ang binata at agad na sinabi ang pakay niya.

"I need a wedding dress. But the one I want is already owned by your beloved Mayumi. I need you to do something and acquire that dress for me."

Nero was silent for a moment. After a while...

"The dress isn't necessary, Helena. Listen to me. I have a plan."

"A plan?"

"About ours and their wedding."

"Nero, hindi ka ba nadadala? Remember how we thoroughly fail after the last time we plan against them?"

"What? Are you a coward now? Do you just give up like that?"

Helena gritted her teeth and angrily told Nero, "It might not be a big deal to you but that costed me my chastity!"

Napahinga naman ng malalim si Nero. He needed the cooperation of this lady. Therefore, he didn't want her to be angry to him.

"Changing wife."

"What?"

"I am planning to exchange you and Yumi the day of the wedding.

"I know you choose the same day as theirs just to spite them. However, I realized that this is also a great chance for us to attack once again.

"Same day and time but different place. Both of you will be riding your carriages at the same time towards the church. But what if, I make my men bring Yumi to me and you to Mateo?

"Both of you will be veiled. Mateo won't notice anything. As for Mayumi..."

"You can use drug. I know there is one which can make anyone act like your puppet." Helena said, totally forgotten about the wedding dress.

Nero nodded at Helena. Then a sly looked appeared on his face which also gone in a jiffy.

It was true that he was still after Yumi. But this time, he was going all out for Mateo too. He needed to get back on that lad for what he had done to his hands or else, he wouldn't be appeased at all.

Soon, both of them were scheming together once again.

***

"Helena came to Nero herself, eh?" Yumi repeated Xun Bao's report to her.

She sent Xun Xue to upang manmanan ang mansion nila Agatha. While Xun Bao was to monitor Helena's side.

And just now, the lad reported to her that Helena detoured to Nero's residence after their encounter in Asahi's boutique.

She smirked after Xun Bao nodded to her.

"Hmmn... Some people really don't learn a lesson."

"What do you want me to do, Boss?"

"Just continue monitoring Helena and her family."

"They might have another plan against you, Boss."

"It's okay. I am also curious about their plan. I am certain though that it won't be happening anytime soon."

"Are you sure?"

"Xiao Bao, are you second guessing my decisions now?" Taas kilay pang tanong ni Yumi kay Xun Bao while a playful smile was on her face.

Mabilis namang umiling si Xun Bao at nagpaalam na sa kanya.

He knew that smile of hers very well. If he didn't leave as soon as he could, he would surely end up in difficult situation because of her.

Knowing their boss all these years made him understood about her expressions so well.

So no... He wouldn't give her any satisfaction this time. He left Yumi's room at once.

Natawa lang naman si Yumi dahil sa pagmamadali ni Xun Bao.

What a shame...

She enjoyed teasing him a lot before. Now he grew up learning about her habits at madalang na lamang niya itong mapagtripan.

Anyway, she shook her head atsaka naupo sa harapan ng tokador.

She grabbed a brush and began to fix her hair. Her eyes were staring at her own reflection in the mirror. But her mind was busy thinking about Helena and Nero.

Really...

Mukhang kailangan na talaga niyang turuan ng totoong leksyon ang dalawa.

Oh well... what a perfect day to do it though.

A glorious wedding day...

Yumi had that mysterious smile on her face while staring at her own face.

"Eww... Are you that in love with yourself? You are even smiling creepily while looking at your own reflection? Who normally does that?" Victoria  told her with grimace on her face as she entered Yumi's room.

Kasunod niya si Malia who just simply shook her head.

Yumi rolled her eyes and faced them.

"I better be looking at my own reflection than some people's faces. Nakakawalang gana kaya."

"Say that again?" Victoria even raised an eyebrow at her and put her hands on her waist.

"Hep... We do not come here to fight, Victoria." Awat ni Malia sa dalaga as she sat on Yumi's bed.

Then she looked at Yumi and smiled.

"Guess what, Yumi..."

"Don't want. My brain's tired."

Malia and Victoria both rolled their eyes at her.

Tch... Sometimes, ang sarap kutusan ng babaeng ito eh. No, scratch that. Actually, it was most of the time.

"Don Enrico's family, Isabella and Amara accepted our invitation to them." Malia started.

"More that a quarter din na mga officials ang dadalo pa din sa kasal niyo ni Mateo." Victoria added.

"And... of course, hundred percent of those we invited from L City will be there. I am excited. Gwen will be here soon." Malia continued.

Yumi, however, expected this already. Those officials who accepted were all in alliance of Don Enrico. They would naturally rather attend her wedding than Nero.

As for those from L City, they only invited those important people for her. They, of course, would attend the wedding because Yumi was also important for them.

Ang hindi niya inaasahan na tatanggap ng imbitasyon ay si Amara at ang pamilya niya.

She thought, given the rivalry between her father and General Alvaro, they would rather attend Nero's wedding instead.

She voiced it out to Malia who just simply told her, "General Alvaro likes kuya a lot. Naturally, he will choose to attend his wedding than Nero's. Besides, Amara and Helena have had a fall out because of some happenings at the party."

"Yeah, but she better be nice to us then." Victoria said.

"She is nice, Victoria. Don't be biased."

Yumi just simply let the two quarrel while she was thinking about that Amara.

Well, she was thinking the same as Victoria.

That lady really better not do anything devious. She couldn't trust her but for Malia's sake, she would try not to be mean towards her.

***

[A/N: You won't be ready for the next Chapters. Tenten tenen~ tenten teneeeeeen~ (This is a freken wedding song. Spare me from your judgment. 🤣🤣🤣)

Buttttt... I won't update the wedding arc until I come back from vacation. Balakayojan mabitin. WAHAHAHA 🤣🤣🤣]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5.3K 53
Phenomenon happens in our life. We tend to be speechless when it happens to us. People who didn't see what you see anticipate it as a fragment of you...
444K 19.7K 60
Died and reincarnated in the book she last read, Arisia hopes to live an interesting life unlike her previous boring one. What will be in it for her...
218K 12.6K 46
Eloisa, a tomboy from the present has to travel in time to 19th century in order to save Marikit from the death caused by Maximilliano, a playboy hea...
67.1K 3.7K 63
The world is not the same. Monsters. Betrayals. Pain. Starvation. You shall be ready to see your companions' death, to kill, and to die. There are no...