Evolution: A Draco Malfoy Fan...

By withluvshaya

Evolution is defined as "the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex for... More

The Beginning
Baby Z
Hogsmeade
Bonnie and Clyde
Hogsmeade, Again
Sweet Cinammon Roll and Tart Apple
Twisted Triangle
The Second Task
The Yule Ball-Diana Only
Words Made of Poison
Christmas at the Malfoy Manor
The Letter-Diana Only
The Wedding
I Hate You Cedric Diggory
Italy
The History of the D'Ambrosio Family-Diana Only
Let Me In-Draco Only
HELPING YOU SHIFT!
Changes
I Will Not Get Detention
Warning Labels and Caution Signs
Quidditch and Date Night
The Inquisitorial Squad
Dumbledore's Army
What to Believe
Tears
The Road to Recovery
Cloudy With a Chance of Forgiveness
Victory
The Truth
Birthdays (with Pansy perspective)
O.W.Ls, Letters, and Love
Christmas
Narrator+Theo: Betrayal
Letters
Return to Hogwarts
The Welcome Back Party
Resurfacing Feelings
Boxing Session-Draco Only
October 15th, 1996
The Funeral-Diana Only
The Announcement-Diana Only
Singing in 1997
Who I Am v.s. Who I Used To Be
A Day of Hurt
Emotional Rollercoasters
The Task-Final Chapter
Q&A+Announcements

Memory Attacks

26 2 41
By withluvshaya

Diana:

"You seriously are back to being friends with Malfoy?" Theo asks, practically yelling at me when he visits my dorm.

"What's it to you?" I snap, trying to conceal my hurt. I hate it when people yell at me, especially boys. My body tenses up and I feel small.

"UGH! You don't get it, do you?" He asks, angry and frustrated.

"Sounds like someone's jealous," I mutter as I fix my hair in the mirror.

"Excuse me?!" Theo yells and I noticeably wince.

"Say it to my face," He orders, and just as I'm about to turn around, someone knocks on the door.

"Don't open that," Theo orders.

"Oh I'm sorry, I don't take orders from men who think ordering women around is the right way to go. You are free to leave, asshole," I snap, so done with this. I fling the door wide open. Blaise is on the other side of the door.

"Don't yell at my sister, you understand?" He seethes, grabbing Theo by his collar.

"Y-yes," Theo stutters and runs to his dorm. Blaise comes in as I hang up my robe, pressing firmly on my nightgown to straighten the non-existent wrinkles.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah," I lie.

"I shouldn't have asked. You're not okay, I can tell. You always fidget with your robes when you're not okay," Blaise rests his hand on my shoulder and I wipe my eyes, trying not to cry.

"C'mere," My big brother lets me hide behind him like I used to do as a kid. I choke out a single sob, then swallow my pain.

"Why-is-he-so-mean?" I hiccup out.

"He's just threatened by Malfoy, but I won't let him do that to you again," I sit on my bed and Blaise smiles sadly.

"You good?" He asks.

"Yeah," I stand up. "Yeah," I say again, believing it a bit more.

"Alright. See you in the morning, Di. Sleep well," We do our handshake before saying goodbye. The second Blaise closes the door, I let out a long exhale.

Why does life have to be so up and down sometimes?

I head to bed, letting myself drift away into a world of my own. 

Unfortunately, that world was not so inviting. Nightmares fill my mind of Theo and surprisingly, Cedric. I haven't seen his face in a while. I shoot out of bed in a cold sweat, relieved to be back in my dorm and completely forgotten my nightmare.

Yet, I couldn't fall back asleep. I stand up and look out my window, the sun starting to peel out of the clouds. 4:58 a.m., my watch reads. I change and head to the Common Room for a change of scenery.

"You're up too?" I see Theo and he stands up.

"Yeah. Listen, Diana, I'm so sorry for snapping at you. I lost it, and I feel horrible. How can I make it up to you?" He asks.

Suddenly, flashing memories fill my mind. I'm no longer in the Common Room, I'm in my own memories. I see my past self, talking to Draco. He asks me how he can make things right, and I bargain with him. I snap back into reality.

"Di? Hellooo, I'm talking to you," Theo waves his hand in my face.

"I...I gotta go," I run out of the Common Room and to the nearest bathroom. I slam the door shut and splash water on my face.

Breathe, Diana, breathe.

I couldn't stop it. Every second I'm being inserted into images of my past. I'm a ghost, able to see my past until...

"Breathe, Diana. You're gonna be okay," Someone squeezes my wrist and I return to reality. I recognize those stormy grey eyes.

More memories.

"Focus on me," Draco instructs. He doesn't realize that's what's making me go insane.

"I...I can't" I choke out. I feel a hand in my hair, stroking it and stringing their fingers through it. It brings calm like a soft breeze.

"There, you're okay," Draco says softly.

I feel myself lightly shaking. "Do you need to go to Madam Pomfrey?" Draco asks. I shake my head.

"Here, have some water," He hands me a glass of water and I happily accept.

"How'd you find me?" I ask.

"I saw you walk in here," Draco replies. I chuckle a bit.

"You do realize you're in the girls' bathroom," I tell him.

"Oh really? I didn't notice," Draco teases. I laugh a bit.

"You okay, Baby Z? Am I still allowed to call you that?" Draco asks.

"I'm not much of a baby anymore, but sure," I reply.

"You'll always be my baby," Draco says.

Draco:

Did I just say that?

Seriously, I'm such a dork and an idiot. WE ARE NOT TOGETHER. GET THAT INSIDE YOUR HEAD.

"Let's go eat, I'm hungry," Diana says, bringing me back to reality.

"Y-yeah, let's go eat," I stammer. We sit with our friends, chatting like normal. Theo takes Diana's hand and she lets it stay there. Jealousy boils inside me, but I shove it away.

I get a peek of my Dark Mark on my forearm, a reminder of the side I chose. I chose darkness, I fell into a dark rabbit hole with no escape.

"Oi, Malfoy. Wake up," Diana jokes.

"I'm awake just lost in thought," I reply. Diana smiles at me and continues talking.

How am I supposed to get her to like me again, or better, date me again? Is it too late?

"Mate, can we talk?" Theo asks.

"Sure," I head out with him.

"Listen, if you think you have a chance with Diana, you don't. She broke her, and I was there for her. Besides, who would love a Deatheater like you?" Theo scoffs.

"This isn't you, mate. What is wrong with you?!" I ask, appalled.

"I FINALLY, FINALLY, found a girl that loves me, and better yet, I'm not lurking in your stupid shadow. And I won't have you take that away from me," Theo cries.

I walk to class, Diana catching up with me. "What did Theo want?" She asks.

I think about telling her. "Nothing. Just dude stuff," I tell her.

"Dude stuff? I thought I was one of the boys," Diana says with fake sadness. I laugh as we walk into Herbology.

"It feels good to be on good terms again," I confess.

"Likewise," Diana smiles as class begins.

The question is, is there something better than good terms?

A/N: I have a basketball game tomorrow, my first one in three years so hopefully, I can still get a rough chapter prepared so I can post on Friday or Saturday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

914K 28.9K 61
A Blaise Zabini Love Story. *** They were perfect; Rose and Blaise. Their love was unmatched until one day... everything changed. And it didn't chang...
7.7K 196 13
#36 in GoldenTrioEra 5/1/19 #1 in MauraderEra 2/9/20 #48 in NextGen 7/1/20 Draco Lucius Malfoy. Elliana Ranaé Martinez. The two were enemies with d...
635 8 13
Voldemort is defeated, almost all Death Eaters are dead or imprisoned in Azkaban. But what to do with those whose fault wasn't fully proven? The magi...
23.8K 430 24
One night was all it took for Hermione's life to change. A pregnant Hermione becomes devastated after finding Ron cheating and runs to someone Unexpe...