How You Love To Hate me

By jeonsolace

Lisa and Jungkook are both enemies. They have spent their whole life hating each other, ever since they were... More

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTED 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 49

CHAPTER 44

635 19 5
By jeonsolace

There are bloody screams from a few around us, the loudest shrieks though, from Yeri and Irene.

 It's almost impossible to understand what's happening when Taehyung has chased another boy, who seems maybe older than us, and has pinned him down. And when I manage to push closer the man is struggling in Taehyung's grip, as he tries to pull something off him.

"What happened?" I ask Irene, whose face is blank, eyes wide and blinking.

"I- d-don't, he just-" She stutters, and instead Jieun puts a comforting hand around her.

"Pervert had his phone filming up their skirts." Yongsun spits out, pissed. "Taehyung got there before me."

"Y-Yeri?" I ask, searching for her, but she stands before me- shrieking and shouting cuss words to the boy laying in front of us. She manages to switch from this to cheering for Jae's team who had just arrived on the pitch, to then proceed and kick the boy in the face. His phone is still gripped tightly in his hands, and that's when Taehyung throws a punch, and the boy spits out blood.

There are people filming now, and girls screaming. Everything seems to be happening too fast for anyone to really understand what was actually happening.Yeri has managed to find a stick, and is now beginning to hit the boy as if it was an unpleasant insect, and with every hit comes a scream, each more shrill than the last.It was true. Yeri was a drama queen and thrived on chaos.She seems unaffected, but it looks as if she enjoys adding something extra to the scene, anything to make the already loud scene even louder.

Jieun pulls her back after a few strikes, and she smiles widely at me, thoroughly enjoying herself, before screaming to Jae shouts of support as if nothing had happened.

As if she hadn't just attempted murder in front of hundreds of people.

"Should I be concerned?" Jieun whispers, as Yeri wrestles the phone off him, and attempts to smash it with the stick.

"I-"

"I think we should be." She says, wincing after Yeri screams again, a sort of an army cry it seemed.

It guessed she also loved destruction.

The games already a few minutes in, but the attention is on our little event going on here, with Taehyung beating the crap out of the boy whilst Yeri holds up his smashed phone rather proudly, and the crowd around us gives a cheer.

Holy fuck, Yeri really had gotten herself overexcited.

He manages to wriggle himself out of Taehyung's grasp and runs between the bleachers and through rioting students to leave the grounds.

"Are you-?" Taehyung turns to ask Yeri, but he looks overcome as she is doing a cheerleader chant, hands going up as if she had pom-poms.

The crowd around us love her, smiling as if she was a cute little puppy and cheering her on at every move.

To me though, she looked like a destructive little animal.

"MANOBAN YOUNG JAE, MANOBAN YOUNG JAE WOOO!"

She screams and Jae actually does look up, along with half the team and they smile at her adorable little chant. Jungkook looks up too, and our eyes meet for a second, but I look back quickly.

Yeri seems to notice this for she also says his name.

"JEON JUNGKOOK, JEON JUNGKOOK WOOO!"

Jungkook notices this and laughs, before continuing with the game.

Taehyung turns to Irene, slightly thrown off by Yeri and he hesitates but asks anyway, "Y-You okay?" There's a genuine look of concern in his eyes and I notice his worried look.

And I'm pretty sure it's more than Yeri's behavior.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine." She replies quietly, still staring at him as if everything around them had gone quiet and it was only the two of them. It was something so much more than they were showing.Maybe they need a break, not a breakup.

Taehyung seems to have learned his place after so many fights with Irene, so he turns back round to take his place but she pulls him back and there are tears in her eyes, and when she blinks multiple of them fall out at once. Judging by Taehyung's expression, this was the last thing he expected.

(A/N: GUYS I DIDNT EVEN MEAN FOR THEM TO GET BACK TOGETHER BUT MY HANDS ARE TAKING ME SOMEWHERE ELSE)

Her lips tremble, more tears falling and I slap Yeri's face back who's staring shamelessly, though I find myself doing the same.

"I'm sorry." She whispers, in a small voice, eyes staring directly at his.

Okay holy mother of hell- (a/n: pls why tf is hell and holy in the same sentence)

Taehyung stares awkwardly and stiffens when she wraps her arm around him, crying, whispering the words 'sorry' over and over again. Taehyung hesitates, but soon melts into the hug and smooths her hair.

I remember the thoughts I had that day, how I was insistent on the fact that love wasn't true, how it was a fantasy. I was trying my hardest to conceal my feelings and deny them. Deny, deny, deny.

There's a sudden chant from beneath us and it's Jungkook, goofing around, imitating Yeri from earlier.

"TAE AND IRENE SITTING ON A TREE-"

Yeri seems to catch on, for she continues. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

"FIRST COMES LOVE-"

Jungkook is completely distracted, standing on the sidelines and cheering Taehyung on, instead of worrying about his own game. His group looks appalled, Jungkook was the ace of his team, and deciding to spend his final game cheering his friend for getting back into a relationship was not really how it had been planned

.

It was only when a player from the opposition had run past him with a ball in the direction of their goal, had he snapped back to reality.

It was pretty obvious who was going to win. Jungkook was back playing to his usual standard, and his team had scored two extra goals than the opposition by the end.After the match had ended, Jennie was asked for her phone number from a total of seven guys, who she had rejected sweetly. We make our way down the steps and onto the ground where there's a large crowd surrounding the winning team.

Jungkook pushes past the crowd and heads straight for Taehyung. Instead of Jungkook being congratulated, it's the other way round.

Jungkook barely glances at me, concentration still on Taehyung as Jae makes his way to us, scratching his neck awkwardly. But neither of us can say anything, not with so many people around.

"We can talk about yesterday later-" Jae starts before interrupted by some boys trying to drag him to the after-party.

"You go to the party, Jae." Jennie prompts, "It'll be your last for a while I'm guessing." She says and pushes him despite the protests.

"No, I can't go now. I need to meet with-" And before he can finish the name, he's being dragged by some other friends.

I turn towards Jungkook, trying to phrase a suitable sentence in my head, but when I blink he's already gone.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It's been a few hours since everyone had left for the after-party, Taehyung and Jae being part of them. Yeri is going through my closet, for clothes that could possibly fit, whilst Jennie plays around with some makeup. I stare mindlessly at my phone. We all seem to be distracting ourselves with anything as we wait for Jae to arrive.

My phone rings and I jump, startled as I stare at the name on my screen.

Jungkook. I hesitate to pick up the phone but do so quickly when Yeri gives me a curious look. I instantly move the phone away from my ear when there's a blaring noise on the other end, music booming loudly, and lots of chatter.

Well no shit, it was a party after all.

"Hello?"

His voice comes a second later and I can immediately tell something is up. "You know Lisa," He starts, he spoke softly though I can still hear him over the loud music. "I think you're really fucking beautiful." There's a certain confidence in his voice, that I only know too well has come from alcohol.

I disable the speaker button quickly and press the phone to my ear, avoiding eye contact with Jennie and Yeri.

"Yeah? Well, I think you're drunk as fuck." I say, and when there's no response I speak again,

 "Jeon if you don't have anything to say, I'm going to end the call."

"But I am." He says on the other end, the tone so very flirtatious. "I just said, you're beautiful."He must be drunk out of his mind to come crawling to me.

"Beautiful my ass, Kook. What have you been drinking?"

"I'm not drunk." He whines and I groan, burying my face into the pillow though I can't help but laugh.

"Kook, one- I look like a roach, two- you can't even see me," I say, voice muffled from the pillows. Someone, please record this so I could use it for blackmail.

"Do I need to see you?" He questions, voice confidently smooth, and despite knowing he was drunk, my cheeks heat up and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I look up to see Jennie smirking at my glowing face.

"I think you've rang the wrong number." I say, fingers hovering over the end call button. He was meant to call that other girl, I'm sure.

"You sure Lali? Lalisa Manoban?"

And those words are enough to make my heart flutter uncontrollably.

"This isn't Lisa," I whisper, feeling a sudden tension rise.

"Are you angry at me?" He asks, tone suddenly upset. "I'm sorry-"

"I think Kook has had one too many drinks." Someone shouts.

"Who are you ringing? Your ex? Lover?" Someone laughs at this and questions,

"Which ex?"

"Fuck you." He slurs and it seems he has downed another class as a soft thud follows soon after. Jungkook was drunk, which explained his behaviour. That's all, he was drunk.

"Stop drinking Jungkook, you'll feel like shit tomorrow. Besides you're supposed to celebrate, not get your ass wasted. Are you a baby that you need someone to look after you?"

"No." He says stubbornly, a slight pout on his talk, before he pauses changing the topic completely, and it seems he's finding it hard to speak, as I can barely make out what he's saying. "I'm sorry for fucking up all the time. Everything always comes out wrong," He says, "So wrong." He's whining now, mumbling incoherent words over the phone, but I still strain to hear any words despite knowing he's wasting my time.

"Why didn't you come that day? To the cinema?" He asks, and I pause, mainly because I have no idea what he's talking about.

"When did you ask me to go the cinema?"

"That day, I waited so long for you to come," He says. "I thought we could talk about what happened. I could've apologised earlier. I made you so upset and you hated me all over again." And that's when I remember, Jungkook had asked me to the cinema the morning I found out about the bet, and being so hurt by everything I had completely forgotten about it. It surprised me really that it was still on his mind after so long.

"Kook? Who are you calling?" A voice calls, sounding like Jimin.

"Why would you like another boy?" He says, but his words cut off and I can half tell what he's saying. "I've known you since we were children, why are you getting yourself so upset over another boy? Jimin get off-"

"Boys, they- they're stupid, he'll hurt you, Lisa. He- He'll make you upset and- and I don't want you to get upset again and- " There's a whine in his voice, as if it was too hard or too troubling for him to be even thinking anymore, but he's cut off again by Jimin.

"For fucks sake Kook lay off her for a second-"

"No, I want to speak to her-"

"Well all you're doing is getting upset. We should be celebrating-"

"Get your hands off me." He almost shouts.

"You're going to say something stupid Jungkook." Jimin protests, but he's too late, Jungkook has snatched the phone off him again.

"I hate you."

"W-What?" I almost laugh, this was the first time he had blatantly said the word to me, without it being a joke, and oh shit, did it sting like a bitch. "Then why don't you hang up?" I say, knowing full well he's drunk and his words mean nothing, but allowing myself to get hurt either way.

And I can't say much else because Jungkook hangs up on the other end.

"Have you ever heard the phrase," Yeri speaks into the silence that follows?

"You're a blind bitch?" Jennie questions innocently, and I shoot a dirty look her way.

"That yes, but also," She pauses to look at me.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts."

"Please," I whisper, too tired with Yeri's stupid fate theories. "Drink some bleach."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I pace nervously around Jae's room, he had arrived with Taehyung five minutes ago.

"What do you mean you told Jungkook? He's literally drunk out of his mind, could you not see that?"

"Ah shit. That's probably why he was emotional as fuck."

"And you didn't take it as a clear sign he was drinking?"

"Well, he's always in his feels." Jae says with a laugh, "I wasn't with him long enough to know, if anything he was tipsy, he was fucking giggling Lisa."

Tae laughs, "He invited me to dance with him on the dance floor and kept spinning me around, I wanted to stop him but he looked so cute and I didn't have the heart to tell him I wanted to puke up- wait how did you know?"

"He called her as if he was an old man with a mid-life crisis." Yeri states, and Taehyung smirks.

"Oh I don't know what you're so happy about, now that your back with Irene." I snap.

"Calm down moody, I haven't even said anything."

"You think he'll tell people?" Jae asks.

"No. He's probably blacked out by now." Taehyung replies casually.

"Why would you tell him in the first place? I'm your sister and I found out a day ago, how is that fair-?"

"He's my friend, I think he also deserves an explanation, he was worried about me you know? Gave me a pep talk on drugs the other day."

Taehyung snorts, "He really thought you were taking some shit." I laugh, Jungkook was forever jumping to conclusions.

"I told him to come."

"You told him to come now-?!" The doorbell rings and we all freeze, Jae had mentioned that his girlfriend would be over soon.

Yeri whispers. "Guys, there's someone at the door."

Well no shit.

We all turn to Jae, expecting him to open the door, however, he stares back at me.

"You want me, me to open it?"

"Well, it's not nice to keep her waiting."

"What- Jae, I'm scared. What if she doesn't like me?"

"She already knows you Lisa, trust me, she likes you." Jae prompts and I stand up slowly, heading downstairs for the door.

I stand at the door for a few seconds, before pushing down on the handle slowly and when I open the door, it's the last person I expect to see.

"Jieun?"

She smiles when she sees me, though it's a nervous smile and all the noise from upstairs goes silent as they try and listen to our conversation.

"A-Are you here for Jae?" I ask, stuttering nervously, because oh god this is awkward as fuck. I try to remember that I've known her for almost a year now but it's almost impossible when I can see a small baby bump through her dress. How did I not notice that earlier?

She laughs when she sees me staring. "Can I come in?"

I step to the side and she enters, "Everyone's in Jae's room." She stops as if waiting for me to come with her, and I can't help but ask. "How long have you been dating him? I haven't seen you around him at all."

"I'm trying to comprehend it myself." She says, "It all happened so fast and it's hard to explain."I follow Jieun upstairs, slowly becoming more calmer but increasingly more confused. Did that mean she never knew Jae before this?

Oh.

When we enter, Jae is sitting on the bed with Yeri who's holding a plushie to her chest, and both Taehyung and Jennie are sitting on the floor opposite them. Taehyung's eyes go wide at the sight of Jieun, and Jennie smiles in realization.

"Jieun?"

"You know her?" Jae asks as he tugs her down to sit beside him on the bed.

"Yeah, she was at the match, I introduced her earlier," I explain.

"I was confused when you didn't ask anything, I thought you would've known by now."

"Actually, Jae didn't tell anyone anything until yesterday," I say.

Yeri's staring shamelessly at Jieun's small baby bump. "How could I not see it earlier? I was sat beside you the entire time." Yeri says as if realizing there was an actual baby involved.

An awkward silence fills the air and despite having known Jieun for a while now, I can't think of anything to say.

"You all are acting as if this is some sort of professional meeting," Jae says, as he tugs Jieun down to sit beside him.

"How did your parents react?" I finally ask Jieun, then turn to Jae, "What about Mum and Dad?" Jae scoffs at this.

"Well obviously not very well, Lisa you saw them fighting that night." He was talking about the night I had come back from Jungkook's house, and Jieun had driven me here. "They got a divorce right after."

"They were always fighting Jae. You know it wasn't because of that, they were getting further apart ever since dad took his overseas job. It was always going to happen and you know that. They did it for them."

"Anyways, they went hard on me for being so fucking careless, which I get but once they met Jieun they were nice and said they'd support her. I think Dad's just about warming up to it."

"My parents were surprised obviously. But they got over it pretty fast, and they like Jae so its getting better."

"What about the school, are you not going to college now?"

"This is my last year anyway, I won't be going to college, I could but it would be too hard you know, with a baby."

"How many months are you?" Yeri asks, finally speaking.

"I'm five months, turning six by the end of the month. I'm going to be reaching my third trimester soon."

"Already? Wow." Jennie says in a whisper.

"Have you told anyone else-?" Jieun starts, but we all stop when there's a loud noise from downstairs, the front door banging open loudly and we fall silent, unmoving. Jae starts to get up but almost immediately the bedroom door slams open, and a boy walks in, hair tousled and cheeks burning red. He seems more alert now and is panting as if he had ran here. Whatever it was, it definitely sobered him up.

When he sees Jae, he starts laughing, still breathing heavily, and slides down next to me laughing in relief.

"You know, I really must've drunk too much because I thought you said you were having a child-" He laughs, "-You said you were going to be a f-father." He says, resisting the urge to laugh again.

 "Shit, I must be losing it."

Jae shifts uncomfortably, an uneasy smile on his face.

In the silence that fills he finally notices Jieun beside him, at first he shows a confused expression before his eyes widen. Similar to Yeri, he stares openly at her small bump.

"Jieun?"

Jieun smiles weakly, as we wait for Jungkook's reaction, something more than just a single word, and when he laughs it's the last thing we expect.

"That's great Jae, why are you all acting as if someone died? You're having a baby, isn't that great?" He laughs, looking at both of them. "Jae, it's a child." His eyes are wide as if he was confused as to why there would be any sadness.

And then he does what no one expects and starts crying, very loudly."Are you- you still drunk?" Tae asks, slightly worried.

This whole time we had been stressing, that we had forgotten to congratulate Jae and Jieun, tell them it would be okay, but Jungkook's reaction had given a different aspect of the situation. Yes, it would be difficult for them, but it didn't mean it had to be bad.

Seeing Jungkook's reaction had put Jae to ease slightly, his shoulders less stiffened, and he laughs as Jungkook wipes away happy tears.That is before, well he's being rushed to very violently puke up in the toilet.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

We continue talking for a bit, Jungkook uplifting the atmosphere massively before we decide to go down to order food. Jungkook doesn't completely ignore me as I thought but instead talks to me and asks questions. This somehow, makes me feel even worse because I know he's only being friendly.

I'm the last one to go downstairs, or so I had thought before someone pulls on my hand and I turn to see Jungkook. He drags me into my bedroom and closes the door behind, leaving us in the darkness alone.

"Can we talk?" He asks, and I can just about make out his faint outline in the darkness.

"Not right now."

"Why? Do you have something to do-?"

"I wish I did." I mutter, but I know he's heard, and so I quickly change the topic, "We could talk outside."

He's slightly put down by my tone when he realizes I could talk to him, but simply don't want to.

 "It's fine I'll get going." He waits for me to stop him, to protest but I don't and he leaves.

"Jungkook?" I ask, just as he pulls on the handle and his head turns abruptly. "What did you mean earlier? When you called me?"

He furrows his eyebrows, "We haven't talked since that day, and you made it pretty clear you don't want to be friends anymore." I can't even open my mouth to say I didn't mean it because I had just proved a few seconds ago that I did. 

"If you don't want me around, I won't come over, just let me stay today." He waits for a response, for which there is none, and opens the door, only to meet with Jennie on the other side who judges him silently as he leaves.

I stay standing there, for a few seconds taking a deep breath and admittedly, trying not to cry. I bought things on myself, and therefore I should be blamed for my actions.

"Is this what you two have been doing the entire time?" Jennie asks as she enters. "Taking one step forward and ten back? Pointlessly arguing because you can't confess? Real clever Lisa." She sits on the side of the bed, looking up at me. "Just confess. You know this is hurting you so why don't you just tell him? What's the worst reaction you could get?"

"He could laugh and think it's a joke."

"And you think he's the type to do that?"

"I really don't know, we've hated each other so long and we've just become friends. He'd think it was weird."

"And that phone call you got from him before, was it not weird?" She asks. "Lisa?"

"Jennie, I don't know."

"Why are you so scared of getting in a relationship? Y'know people confess if they like someone." She says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm not scared."

"You are."

"But what if he thinks it's weird? We're always getting into arguments and fights and it just doesn't make sense."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.2K 54
A Liskook Story In which Jungkook and Lisa became best friend after they met coincidentally at YG's office when they're both a trainee. A story of Lo...
75.9K 1.9K 35
I love him... He loves me... Why can't it just be as simple as that? Why can't we love each other without boundaries? Why can't we love each other w...
235K 5.4K 35
Jeon Jungkook, a responsible man who prioritize his family, transfer to a new school. He's childhood best friend Taehyung is also studying there, Jun...
676K 22.4K 58
Two popular idols happened not to notice each other's existence until he started hating her. "Sorry, I'd definitely be her hater rather than praise h...