Stop That Hacker! (2020)

By KatherineYork7

The Devil's den; a notorious hangout for high school seniors, computer geniuses and competitive gamers. And a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
FAMILY LAW
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Checking point
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
UPDATE
Update 2
Paperback version

Chapter 44

39.6K 1.8K 501
By KatherineYork7

Francy's p.o.v

I walked into the living room to find Ace and Kai taking off their wet coats. I looked around and spotted Elric's shoes tucked away in a corner. Luckily they didn't see.

"Oh it's you guys. And where's Rehan?" I gave them my best normal act.

"Said he was working today and tomorrow. Something about gathering enough money for a turkey." Ace replied.

"For going to Turkey." Kai corrected him, annoyed.

"That's um great." I observed them carefully if they were gonna go up to their rooms or lay around in the living room.

And I got unlucky.

Ace and Kai spread on the couch and turned on Netflix.

"Francy are you joining us?"

"No." I said annoyed and walked towards the front door opening it and putting Elric's shoes outside. "Oh you made a mess here. Didn't I tell you guys before to leave your wet shoes outside or mom will yell."

They ignored me as always but it was the perfect chance for doing so. I put Elric's shoes outside and then I tiptoed back to my room.

I almost hit Elric as I walked in.

"I told you to hide." I whispered.

"I needed to know if someone was coming and you walked like a mouse. Who walks that quietly?" He replied.

"They are blocking your exit. I managed to put your shoes outside before they saw them."

"What now?" He asked me. "Do we wait for them to leave to their rooms?"

I covered my face. "I'm so sorry for this."

"It's okay. Just tell me if we should wait for them."

"They will not move their ass from that couch. And it's risky to wait. The only exit is through my window, into the garden, running over the fence, grabbing your shoes from the front door and then going to your car which is insane as it is.... Oh my god where did you park the car?" I panicked.

"The car is parked further down so I could avoid this." He explained calmly.

I wanted to cry. Stupid brothers and their stupid timing.

"They are usually never at home at this time." I complained.

"Because Ace is at my place every Friday. Most of the time." Elric said with a guilty expression. "It's okay. I'll run through the window and leave like that."

"It's pouring rain outside." I said shaking my head. "If it was better weather than maybe but like this.."

"It's fine." He smiled. "Stop worrying that much." He sighed. "Now this makes so much sense. I mean this is why we broke up in the first place right. To avoid shit like this."

I felt like all the air left my lungs. Those words were such a punch.

He opened my window.

"Wait. Maybe I can get you an umbrella or something." I said heading for the door.

"No, they will notice. Just.." He sighed. "I'm going. Make sure you come up with an excuse for the cake in the kitchen."

With that he jumped from the window in the rain and ran.

I peeked until he was out of sight. I closed the window and threw myself on the bed.

I took a pillow and started hitting it annoyed. Damn it. I can't believe he had to leave like that.

The guilt was eating me up alive. I have to make sure he at least got to the car safely. I waited ten minutes and then called him.

There was no answer.

I tried again.

Nothing.

Maybe he can't hear it.

Okay let's give it a few minutes.

Still nothing. I don't know if he didn't answer on purpose or just didn't hear the phone but next thing I knew I was off the bed.

I grabbed a pair of black jeans and the first shirt I could find and got dressed. I called for a cab and I ran through the leaving room.

"Where are you going? It's raining outside." Ace said as soon as he saw me.

"I have to go and meet Remi."

"Is everything okay?" Kai asked.

"Yeah yeah um.. it's a girls thing. I got to go." I headed towards the door and then ran back and pointed at them both. "I bought a cake. It's in the kitchen. Don't touch it! IT'S MINE."

They both nodded.

I slid in my shoes, threw on a coat and ran outside. The cab had just parked there. I just hoped everything was okay with Elric.

BONUS:

Here are some pictures that are close to how I imagine Ace, Rehan and Kai, and some small bios.

I know that many of you have your own ideas about how the characters look, and thats great. It was the reason I didn't include their physical description in the story. I wanted to convey the character's personality more.

So this is, just in case, if you're curious.

ACE

I always pictured Ace having a really outgoing bubbly and playful personality. He is very likable and friendly and that conveys on his outer appearance. He is around 180 cm /5.11 feet in height. He is 18 (the oldest brother-lol you already knew that. I know)

He is really good with computer sciences and loves the spotlight. He leans towards a career in game development but also wants a degree in marketing so he can do the public relations for his future job. He wants a bit more than a comfortable lifestyle.

REHAN

Rehan is the only one who is 16. He is the youngest in the family. He still has growing to do in terms of height. He currently is the same height as Francy. He loves science, biology and chemistry and doesn't really like studying anything else. He wants to be an inventor in the future.

Doesn't take things seriously. Avoids confrontation and in general he almost never gets angry.

KAI

Kai and Francy are both 17, close to turning 18. He is 186cm in terms of height. He mostly has a stoic expression, but that's cause he is always in his head, thinking about things. When he hangs out with his friends, especially Fin, he is relaxed and smiles a lot. Deep inside he wants to be taken seriously so he tries hard in school. He excels exceptional well in all science subjects like (Physics.Chemistry.Biology.English.Mathematics. *especially well in math*) but has problems with the  humanities (literature, philosophy, history, anthropology, geography)

Because of this Francy still beats his grades since she does bit over average in everything.

He loves baseball and is on the sports team in school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258 15 14
A forbidden love between a sister and her brother's best friend. Julia is a girl who lives in a dorm with many boys. They've been best friends since...
174K 3.4K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
3.2M 85K 41
Highest rank: #51- badboy #12- comedy Being new in a high school is difficult. Being "claimed" by the supposedly "bad boy" was even more difficult. H...
246K 7.9K 40
***COMPLETED*** PREVIOUSLY TITLED: Babysitting the Bad boy. " Why are you here?" His cold voice asks sending a shiver down my spine. I peek at hi...