LOKI IMAGINES

By retrolokii

Title says it all. Requests are very much open just comment or dm pls and thanks ‹3 [ON GOING] May contain ot... More

Midsummer in Valhalla
Dance With Me
Call Me A Thief
Paper Rings
In The Wee Hours of the Morning
Oh Dearest, Your Fangs Are Showing.
Publicist Problems
Oh, Hello Doctor.
Where Am I? (Harry Potter x MCU AU)
England (Part 1)
England (Part 2)
England (Part 3)
Ghost Hunting (Unsolved x Crimson Peak)
Loki of Norway
Quarantine with Loki (Days 1-2)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 3-4)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 5-6)
Quarantine with Loki (Day 7-8)
Cabin in The Woods
Cabin in the Woods (Part 2)
So, We Meet Again...
Trickster's Surprise
Alfheim's Finest
Time Travelling's a Bitch
Hello, Neighbor!
Stay, You Fool.
Alfheim's Finest (Part 2): Picnic Day!
The Night Before
Ladies of The Court
Accidental Pen Pals
Dancing in the Moonlight
Emergency Healer
Heart of The Woods
Something New (Capt. James Conrad x Reader)
I Guess We're A Good Team After All
I'm Here.
Sleipnir's Arrival
Meeting The Family
Cold Mornings
Oh, Cupid.
You Wound Me
Perfectly Mischievous
Assumptions
Finally Free (Thomas Sharpe x Reader)
In Safe Hands
Come and Get Me
In Safe Hands (Part 2)
Secret Santa
Palace Libraries
Cheers to Victory
Run to Me, Baby.
Did Somebody Call For Agent Loki? - Part 1
Did Someone Call For Agent Loki? - Part 2
Did Someone Call for Agent Loki? - Part 3
I'm Not Actually A Vampire!
Don't You Dare Die On Me
Bloodthirsty
Sinister Kid
Sparks Fly
Dead Men Tell No Tales (or do they?)
Halloween Special!
Royal Pain in The Ass
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 2
Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 3
Nights are Better with You
You're Just as Strong as Me
I Love You (Against My Better Judgement)
Much Ado About Nothing
The Pirate and The Prince
Heaven Be Damned (I Have You)
Better Unknown
It Will Come Back
You're So Warm
I Can't Bear to Lose You
I Like You Better (Than Him)
Bets On. Clothes Off (Well, Almost).
Is This A Date?
My Love Mine All Mine
Hate It When You Do That
When Death Gives You An Out (You Take It)
Peace and Quiet, At Least For a Moment.
Peace and Quiet, Now Until Forever
What You Taste Like [SMUT]
What You See
A Ballad of Vicious Mockery
A Ballad of Reluctant Affections
A Ballad of Hope and Promises
At The End of Time
Until I Am Enough
Like Real People Do

Time Capsule

1.3K 46 29
By retrolokii

Hello dear readers!!!

I'm back!!!!!!!!! The Loki series and I greet you with grace 😌

Hope you enjoy!!
.
.
.
.
P.S. Loki and reader are 12 at beginning of the fic and Odin used to be a spy in Norway ;)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“Dig faster!” You urged your bestest friend, Loki, who was currently hunched over a tiny hole he was making.

“It'll be faster if you actually helped!” he complained.

“But I'm holding onto the capsule thingy!”

“Then put it down?!”

“It's gonna get all dirty-”

“We are literally burying it in dirt.”

“Loki!” You scolded him lightheartedly. “Come on please it's nearly night time and we're in the woods! I don't want to die here!”

“We're in mum and dad's property.” he deadpanned.

“Still!”

Loki sighed. “Give me the capsule.”

You handed it to him with no question, you've now swapped with your tools.

Loki kneeled before the large tree where he dug a hold in front of. It was slightly deep so that it wont get easily discovered and ruined by nature and other components. One he was satisfied that the capsule was secure enough in the little pit, he covered it with soil and then gave the dirt a satisfactory pat with his shovel.

“How long do you think we'll keep it there?” You asked Loki.

“10 years?” He answered.

“Too early.”

“20?”

“Too soon.”

“15 then.”

“Alright,” you said firmly. “In 10 years time, on this exact date at 9:31pm. We will dig this capsule up. No matter what happens.”

Loki seemed to agree but still has a quip waiting at the end of his tongue.“What if I'm dead by then?”

You scoffed. “You're Loki Odinson. You're impossible to kill.”

“Why? Have you tried?”

“Many times.”

“Rude.”

.

There was always this particular joy that you get to experience in your childhood that you never truly get in adulthood. Maybe it's the innocence that comes with being a kid, or that curiosity you carried with deep fervor when you were a mere child. Because in adulthood, that innocence is long gone, the world is no longer filled with sunshine and rainbows, only responsibilities that seemed to weigh you down. And that curiosity turns more bitter as you grow older, taking turn for the worst.

You had a fairly nice childhood, grew up near the woods in a normal sized cabin with a normal family. Very peculiar neighbors though. The Odinsons are of Scandinavian decent, probably explains the surname, they are peaceful and intelligent but also strange.

Frigga and Odin's eldest, Thor, was very talented in the art of fighting, perhaps too talented. He could wield any weapon you throw at him, though he preferred the axe or hammer. You would always run into him in the woods doing something questionable. One time you saw him taste test each and every leaf he could find to know which ones were poisonous. He was miraculously not sent to the hospital.

Their youngest, Loki, was also very talented in the art of fighting. He also joined many knife throwing competitions and would often get first place. But, he seemed to value his intellect more than his physical abilities. From a young age, he was already a master in the field of history and philosophy, which for a 13-year-old is kind of intimidating. Loki is probably the complete opposite of Thor. While his big brother was loud and outgoing and extroverted, he was quiet and introverted, often choosing the comfort of his room or home library instead.

You were actually Loki's first friend when they first moved in into your hometown.

He was always a quiet kid, a timid-looking boy. You wouldn't expect him to have such a sharp tongue. Even as a kid, Loki always seemed to carry intelligent and sarcastic quips that always left people stunned.

Not you though.

Your first conversation with Loki happened near the lake between your houses.

He was sitting peacefully under a tree, reading some text about Finnish history before you disrupted his peace.

“What are you reading?” You asked politely.

“Finnish history.” Loki answered in a plain tone.

“That sounds boring.”

Loki quirked an eyebrow but his eyes never left the pages. “To you it may, since it's obvious that you don't understand it.”

“Or maybe it's because I'm not curious to read it. You didn't have to insult my intelligence— What's your name?”

“Loki.”

“You didn't have to insult my intelligence, Loki.” You emphasized saying his name. It was meant to annoy him, but it seemed he was more amused.

He didn't ask for your name but you told him anyway.

“What?” He asked.

“That's my name.”

“I see. Well it was less than pleasant to talk to you but—”

“Hey!” You scolded.

“—I'm going to go home now.” Loki stood and turned away from you to march to his house. You felt inclined to get to know him more (even though he was being a slight ass) because he was new to the area. And so you jogged after him and tried to stop him.

“Wait!” You yelled.

Loki turned around a bit confused as to why you were yelling after him.

“You're new.”

“Obviously,” he answered.

“Let me give you a tour,” you offered, but he didn't seem convinced. “Wouldn't want you to be lost in the forest, eh? Even though you're an ass.” You grinned.

Loki seemed a little bit shocked that you called him an ass but he respects a good opponent in the “quips and insults” area so he agreed.

.

That was the first time you and Loki knew, you were meant to be friends. Meant to be by each other's side to cause mayhem and chaos.

It was nice remembering an old friend. All those memories would always come flooding back at once, sometimes overwhelming you with nostalgia that you had to step back and bring yourself to the present before you'd get lost in the past.

Childhood friends would always separate, whether you like it or not.

The goodbyes would be bittersweet, filled with happiness yet also dread. It was also painful to part with a good friend, especially after you've shared so many good moments.

It would be more painful if you didn't have a ‘goodbye’ at all.

Loki disappeared, plain and simple. Well he didn't vanish into thin air, but it felt like he did. He didn't tell you when he was leaving. Hell, he didn't even tell you he was leaving.

You just saw him and his family ride a van filled with big luggages drive down the road. And when you checked on their house, there was a sign that says it was for lease. That's when you knew, he was gone for good.

It hurt. You felt betrayed that he would leave you like that. You both have bled on each other for gods know how many times. Shared moments of vulnerability, the kind that was unseen by both of your families. You have supported him through everything, and he did the same for you.

Wouldn't you be important enough to Loki to be deserving of a goodbye or even an explanation?

You still don't know how to answer that question today.

.

June 9th was coming up. The day where you both buried that time capsule 10 years ago at 9:31pm.

Yes, you remembered it all. You wrote it down in your diaries and calendars, never letting yourself forget. You hoped that Loki never forgot too.

He left you 10 years ago, and in those 10 years you managed to make a little name for yourself in the fashion industry. Making clothes for movies here and there, as well as on the runway. Nothing Oscar worthy or NYC Fashion Week worthy, but your work is definitely something.

You hoped Loki was in the same boat as you. Successful, moderately happy and... alive? You wouldn't want him ditching you to be in vain.

.

The sky was a beautiful navy blue and was speckled with stars. Wisps of white clouds also decorated the sky which added to the very whimsical vibe it already had from the bright full moon saying ‘hi’.

It was 9:20pm, 11 minutes before the 15 year mark. Worry and doubt were stirring at the pit of your stomach. You hadn't called Loki about returning home to open the time capsule with him. You actually hadn't planned to do any of this until last week.

Maybe it was better for Loki not to be present...

But then it wouldn't be proper because you both had memorabilia planted in the capsule.

Well... either way your time wouldn't be wasted because you would be spending time with your family—

A twig snapped in the distance.

.

Loki has never been the same ever since he left his childhood home. He grew grumpier, more competitive and stubborn. Grew more sensitive as to what people perceived him as. He acted like the opinion of others didn't bother him (specially his father's) but deep down he valued them, and obsessed over them to an unhealthy amount.

You never really told Loki your opinion of him. Only saying that he was your best friend and that you'd always be there whenever he needed you. Loki vowed to do the same, to be someone you can always lean on.

He now supposed he failed that part.

The Odinsons had to leave in a rush. Odin, the head of the house, only knew of their departure 2 days in advance. The reason was unknown to Thor and Loki to this day.

Well, Loki liked to think it was Odin's ploy to separate you and him because his father didn't like to see him happy.

Frigga had to rush Thor and Loki to pack immediately so they could leave in 2 days time. Thor merely asked the most necessary questions, while Loki asked more protruding ones.

“Why must we go if you cannot tell us the reason?” Loki asked that night. He was 17.

“It is important that you come along for your own safety. Your father's past has caught up with him it seems.” Frigga answered her youngest.

Loki never asked about Odin's past. He lied to himself by saying that he wasn't interested in an old man's life, but really he was. He just didn't want to establish a relationship with his father again, in fear he would be hurt by snide comments and unreachable expectations. He didn't want to feel like a failure around Odin.

.

And then there he was, driving on an empty road with dread and anger in his gut because he knew he was too much of a coward to say goodbye to you.

He actually planned to tell you he was leaving, and that he probably wouldn't come back anytime soon but he couldn't find the courage in him to see your face drop with sadness.

So he left without a trace.

Not even a letter.

10 years later, he hoped this surge of determination to set things right won't happen in vain. He hoped you were at the location of the capsule.

He hoped, and he hoped, and he hoped.

.

“Hello?” You called out into the trees nearby. There wasn't a source of light, not even from an iPhone flashlight so it could have been an animal... But we can't be too safe.

When no one replied, you asked again. “Is anyone there? I have a weapon and I'm not afraid to us it!” It was a bluff, but hey, anything to scare off creeps right?

“Please don't use it!”

That voice. That accent.

It was him.

He was here.

Shit.

There was a rustle before another twig snapped and then he was there. You expected him to be taller than you but not this tall. If you didn't know Loki, you would've guessed that he was a model or actor of some sort. Probably one of those dudes who were always in period films with Keira Knightley.

His eyes are the same shade of blue and green, the shades always fighting as to who would be the star of the show. He looked apprehensive when he came face to face with you, almost scared perhaps.

But the only thought that managed to pop in your head are various vulgar curses.

Shit. You didn't plan this far.

“You're here,” you said stiffly.

“I am,” he replied.

“Didn't expect you to be.”

Loki remained silent, letting himself understand the gravity of what he did, or rather, what he didn't do. This was one of many acts of impulse he has done in his life, but he already labelled this one to be the most prominent and important.

“It would be fruitless to say sorry,” said Loki, his hands were neatly placed on his sides while his eyes drifted towards yours and it seemed they weren't drifting away anytime soon.

“I'm glad you know,” you said in a sharp tone. “That was so shitty of you. Did you know that?”

Loki smiled in a straight line. “Of course, I did.”

“Then why?

He could explain the whole situation before he left, make some excuse, tell you that he actually planned a goodbye. He could, but he didn't.

“I've grown to realize that what I am is a coward. A nasty one too,” Loki answered. “I could've easily knocked at your door, tell you I was leaving the next day, but I didn't. Because I was scared, so I didn't say goodbye at all. I thought it was going to be alright after a few days, but it clearly bought you and I a world of pain.”

You grinned not out of happiness but of sarcasm.

“So perceptive you are. But no Loki, I'm not mad because you left. I'm not sad because you were gone and didn't tell me ‘goodbye’. No, I'm mad and hurt because you made me feel insignificant. You could've left a note or maybe even sent a letter but no, you didn't. You made me second guess my worth, made that pessimistic voice in the back of my mind louder and more hurtful, more critical. I can forgive you— no— I will forgive you but I want you to know that you have caused me so much pain and self-doubt. Years of it.”

Your vision was blurry and you bet your eyes were glassy too. You forgot what it was like to cry in front of another person. You haven't done it in 12 years.

“If it makes you the tiniest bit better, it's 9:31pm. We can open it now.” Loki said, still keeping the distance between the two of you. The last he would want to do is break a boundary, and cause you to withdraw from him more because that is the last thing he wants right now.

You nodded and wiped the tears that were threatening to fall with the back of your hand.

“Do you want me to do it or do you want to dig it up yourself?” He asked.

“You were the one who buried it so I guess it's my turn with the shovel.”

And with that, you started digging.

It wasn't too deep (how deep can 12-year-olds really dig before getting bored you know?) so it didn't take long before you heard metal hit metal. You dug the dirt around the capsule before picking it up and setting it on some dry patch of grass. Loki gestured for you to do the honors of opening it.

Your eyes welled at the sight of the objects: old trinkets, slightly wrinkled notes from school, cool rocks you found walking around the woods together.

Most of them were pictures, so maybe that's what made you fully cry.

Loki knelt beside you and took a crystal necklace out of the tin box. You gave him permission to put it around your neck which only made you and Loki cry more.

“It's shorter now.” You said with a melancholy smile, playing with the crystal that sat on your collarbone when it used to reach your sternum.

“So young and untried,” Loki commented upon seeing photos of you and him together, looking happy as ever even though he barely smiled in the pictures. He could see life in his eyes and he wished he still had that brightness within him instead of resentment.

“Wouldn't say that about you though. Look here, you just won your fifth knife throwing competition.” You pointed at a picture of Loki smirking while holding a trophy beside his unlucky competitors.

“You made me that jacket.” Loki pointed at the garment he was wearing in a different photo. It was one from many Christmases ago, and he was stood next to a fire place wearing a dark green jacket.

You chuckled. “You actually wore it.”

“Of course, I did,” Loki said gently, as if he was reassuring you of something more than wearing that green jacket that probably had a faulty zipper or lose thread hanging about.

“I've fucking missed you,” You said through gritted teeth, almost angry that you had to confess such a thing. “I miss you, I miss you, I miss you.” You repeated over and over, hugging him tighter and tighter.

“I've missed you too. So fucking much,” said Loki. “I'm such an idiot.”

“Yeah, you are.”

“And an ass.”

“Mhm.”

“I shouldn't have left at all.”

“Yeah you shouldn't have.”

Loki heavily sighed and let go. “You promised to always be there whenever I needed you, and I did the same. I'm sorry I wasn't there before but I'm here now. I'm sorry I'm a decade late, my Valkyrie.”

You grinned at that old nickname. Shaking your head disapprovingly in a lighthearted manner, you jumped in his arms again and pulled his head down so you could whisper in his ear. “Leave me without notice again and I'll track you down, Loki Odinson.”

“Copy that, little Valkyrie.”

You pulled away slightly so you could narrow your eyes at him. He smirked in response (you expected him to) which did not annoy you in the slightest, in fact you missed it.

Loki expected you to slap him lightly in a joking manner, however he did not expect his lips to be met with yours.

It was quick but he wasn't going to lie... his cheeks did turn to a tad shade of pink when you did that.

“What happened, Silvertongue? You seem speechless.”

“Shut. up.”

“No, I don't think I will.”

“Then I'll make you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 81.8K 114
Highest Rankings: 1st in Tom Hiddleston Imagines, 3rd in Loki Imagines, 8th in Loki, 130th in Marvel || Just a writing outlet for one of my favorite...
20.8K 378 62
This is a collection of one shots and drabbles about Tom Hiddleston and his characters including Loki, Hal, James Conrad, Laing etc. Prompt requests...
64.9K 2.9K 12
After all the happenings of Book One, you and Loki were finally together as a couple. Unfortunately, you got kidnapped by a mysterious person, who's...
546K 24.5K 42
' She breathed in deeply, picking up on a faint and fresh scent of mint on him. "Even if it's only me, is that enough for you?" Loki purred with a kn...