Ride Or Die | Book #1 ✓

By AshleyT7

"Get away from me Gunner." I started to walk away, dismissing Pierce and anything that came out of his smug l... More

Summary, Description, Cast
Cast 2: The Gunner's
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Prom
Bonus Chapter - Graduation
REBELLIOUS RIDE - BOOK #2 POSTED

Chapter 46

4.9K 127 524
By AshleyT7

A://N Read this chapter carefully a lot of stuff is explained and important

(Also can we get this chapter to 500 comments because it's my birthday today!)

"Too bad it didn't work." 

Cayde's eyes went dark as the words left my mouth. He took no time but to lift his hand and smack me across the face, a feeling I was used to from our past relationship. No matter how many times he hit me, it would still sting. 

"Say it again. I dare you." He warned, inching his face closer to mine as I could feel his breath on me. His eyes bored into mine as his hand slid onto my bare thigh, making me shudder at his touch. Cayde's hand pushed the t-shirt further up my legs as they barely covered a portion of them and I took a deep breath in.

His touch was something out of a nightmare. I used to wake up in the middle of the night, screaming at the top of my lungs cause I dreamt about Cayde's touch and how his hands grabbed and strangled me. My dad would end up sleeping out in the living room so he could get to my bedroom faster to wake me up. 

Yet the doctors just passed it off as night terrors and that I would grow out of them. Which I did once I moved to New York, my only guess being because I was finally out of that room where he raped me numerous times and out of Washington for good. 

"Cayde,"  Atticus warned, making Cayde stand back up straight and slowly back away from me. I  looked around the room, my eyes focusing on each wall as I looked for an escape. A window, a door, anything that would get me out of this nightmare.

"Such a waste." Beverly scoffed as she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. She had tanned skin and was Hispanic. She had long black hair that was pin straight with big brown eyes. "How the hell did YOU manage to get Pierce Gunner anyways? I mean have you seen the guy-" 

"Thank god someone said it. I stalk his Instagram at least twice a week and I cannot believe how he ever went for you." Harlow added before a smirk grew on her face "I'd cougar for him." 

"Sorry, he doesn't go for skanks." I snapped back, not wanting to hear about how these girls talk about Pierce. Ever since we started dating, that had been the problem, all I ever heard in school was how girls fantasize about being with him. Half the time I had to force myself to ignore the comments on his post from random girls, but I knew Pierce didn't think twice about them. 

"Excuse me?" Harlow blinked in shock at me as she pushed her brown hair behind her shoulders. I watched as she instantly became filled with rage, walking up to me with intent to beat the shit out of me while all I could do was sit, chained to a chair. 

Harlow was soon stopped in her tracks as Noah grabbed her arm, pulling her back. "Harlow, don't," Noah warned as he narrowed his eyes back at her. "Let go of me." She demanded, gritting the words through her teeth before pulling out of his grip. 

Noah's brown eyes fell as he looked over to me,  and I could tell he seemed to feel guilty for how they were treating me. He looked very familiar, I just couldn't figure out where I had seen him from. He was tall and about his early twenties with blonde hair that he had styled perfectly. 

"First order of business," Nixon announced, grabbing his cell phone before holding it up to me as the camera faced me "Smile, Ambrosia." I sat still, looking away from the camera as the flash went off momentarily. I already knew what the picture was for, they were going to send it to the gang and make them freak out. 

My mind immediately went to Pierce and I could only imagine how much he'd be freaking out right about now. I just hoped June was there to stop him from killing someone. I had no idea how they were going to find me, I'm sure we were in the middle of nowhere with no clues leading to them. 

That was unless they wanted Crestmont to find us...

My mind began racing with thoughts, trying to put everything together but there was a huge piece of the puzzle missing. Nothing was making sense and I knew there was more to the story that I was being told. My question was who was keeping what from me?

"If only your mother knew her kids would follow in her footsteps.." Nixon let out a deep sigh as he stared down at the photo on his phone before looking up at me "The three of you. All living a double life, your poor daddy. Ashton has lied to his whole life." 

I hadn't even thought about the double lives Aster and I were living. I was so mad at my mom for hiding everything from me yet I am doing it to my dad. A wave of guilt came over me instantly as I thought of my dad and all the lies he's been told. 

"Ashton Ambrosia. 46 years old, and loving husband to Ashlynn Elias. Grew up in Seattle Washington, and took a trip to New York where he met your mother. They began dating while he temporarily moved out to New York. After a year, he proposed and they got married before moving to Washington to start a family." Nixon explained my dad's life story, making me nervous that he had all this information on him. 

"I will give you two options." He started as he slid a laptop in front of me on the coffee table "You will skype your dad, and you will tell him you have run away from home, not wanting to ever return back. You won't answer any questions, you are just saying you are calling to say goodbye."

"What's my other option?" I swallowed a lump in my throat, glancing from the laptop to Nixon. I couldn't call my dad and tell him goodbye forever, he had already lost so many people he loved- it would ruin him. I couldn't break his heart, especially seeing him after he had lost my mom. 

"Your second option is," Nixon said as he pulled a gun out from his side and pointed it at me "I put this bullet through that pretty little head of yours. Choose wisely, Ambrosia."

"Oh cause that's totally fucking fair." I rolled my eyes as sarcasm filled my tone. I either have to break my dad's heart or get killed, totally makes sense if you ask me. I sighed as they opened the laptop, and went to skype before typing in my dad's number.

They positioned the laptop so the camera would only show from my shoulders up, avoiding the chains. I took a deep breath as my heartbeat began to race. The call began ringing and with every ring, I felt like I was losing air as I began to panic.

I glanced from the black screen to everyone in the room who was all watching intently. I closed my eyes shut tightly, waiting for this nightmare to end. I thought of what I could do to tell him this wasn't real and that I needed help but I had no idea how to be subtle about it.

Really wishing I knew Morse code right about now...

"Hey, honey." My dad's cheery voice answered, making my eyes snap open as I looked at the screen as my dad held his phone up to his face "I've been waiting for you to call, I miss you guys so much. How has school been?"

I looked up from the laptop, looking over to Nixon as I give him a pleading look to not make me do this. His eyes bored into mine as he gave a slight nod to the laptop, waiting for me to do it. "Dad...I didn't call to talk about school." I forced the words out as I held back tears in my eyes.

"Ok?" He said confused "What'd you want to talk about then sweetheart? How did your birthday go? I heard Aster said it went really well-"

"I ran away." I blurted the words out, and my dad's words soon stopped mid-sentence. He furrowed his brows together, giving me a confused look "Aspen, W-what do you mean?" 

"I ran away. I couldn't deal with Aster's anymore." I shook my head at the thought of the lies that were coming out of my mouth. "Ok, you could've talked to me about it. You can move down to North Carolina with me, but you need to go back for now-" He started, trying to stay calm at my random acts of rebellion.

"No." I stopped him once again "I don't want to move with you. I was calling to say goodbye, I just can't do this anymore."

"Aspen, what are you talking about? Goodbye, what?" He asked, panic stirring up in his voice "Aspen please just talk to me. What is going on? I thought you loved New York, you were making all kinds of friends."

"Goodbye, dad." I forced the words out as I couldn't continue to lie, I just wanted the call to end. Nixon shut the laptop as the words left my mouth, leaving my dad to a disconnected call as a million questions began to race through his thoughts. Tears pricked my eyes, not being able to get the hurt I just caused my dad out of my head.

"Thanks for cooperating, Ambrosia," Nixon smirked as he lowered his gun from me."Noah and Knox, take her to her room. I think Aspen may need some alone time." My throat became sore as I began to choke on my tears from holding them back. Noah and Knox both walked up to me, unchaining me from the chair and forcing me up.

They both grabbed onto me tightly as they forced me down the hallway. My bare feet touched the cold cement floor and I didn't dare to look back behind me. They continued to drag me down the hallway, both not saying a word. 

We came to the end of the corridor before they stopped in front of the door and unlocked it with a key. The door was pushed open by Noah and Knox pushed me inside before leaving the room and letting the door slam shut behind him.

I let my body fall onto the bed, clutching the sheets as I let the tears escape my eyes. My body temperature dropped, goosebumps appearing all throughout my skin. I stared ahead at the other wall, pressing my lips in a thin line as I tried to convince myself I'd be ok.

But the convincing stops working after so much happens...

I squeezed my eyes shut and all I could see was Pierce. I missed his arms around me and the warmth from his body that made me feel safe and secure. I prayed he and the gang would find me, but I knew I wasn't living in some fairytale with a happy ending. 

The door soon opened but I didn't have the energy to look. Footsteps approached as the door swung shut again and my bed sunk as weight was applied to the other end. I glanced out of the side of my eye to see Noah. He sat straight up, staring ahead at the wall with his hands clasped together. 

A few moments of silence went by, making me wonder why he had even been here if he wasn't ordered to drag me out of the room or beat me. "I'm sorry Aspen." He let out a sincere sigh as he looked over to me "I'm sorry for this."

I was confused, to say the least. Why was Noah sorry for me? Wasn't everyone here supposed to hate my guts for no reason? I forced my body up from the bed, into a sitting position as I pushed my back against the wall and let my legs lay flat.

I stared at Noah as I waited for him to say something else. He looked over at me with his eyes filled with sadness as it looked like he wanted to admit something to me. "I'm Noah Wilson...I'm Evangeline's brother." 

"W-what?" I stuttered in complete shock, not processing what I had just heard. I had known Evangeline had a brother but she only mentioned him once and it was about a past memory, not him currently. Although Aster had mentioned to me before that Christmas was tough for Evangeline because her brother died a while back. 

"I thought you were dead-" I started but Noah shook his head in response. "No I'm not dead, but that's what Evangeline thinks." Noah sighed, looking over in my direction "When Crestmont RSP got robbed, they blamed the Westwoods. Coinston were allied with Crestmont at this time so they also blamed them." 

"So the Coinston's set fire to our warehouse- the Westwood Warehouse." Noah explained "It killed all of our members, every single one except Evangeline, Aster, and me. I stepped outside of the warehouse that day, to take a smoke break. I walked around the back and saw Nixon and Knox spreading gasoline around the entire warehouse." Noah explained "I approached them but they took me captive. Everyone in the warehouse died that day as they locked all the exits; keeping them inside." 

"Aster and Evangeline soon arrived at the warehouse later that day to see it burned to the ground. And because they were in a gang, they couldn't go to the police. So they assumed everyone died, with how big of a fire it was- it was no shock everyone was dead." He continued "I didn't die in the fire though. Nixon and Knox took me captive and I've been living here with the Vipers since while my family thinks I'm dead."

"Noah..I'm so sorry-" I began, my heart aching for him. I couldn't imagine living a life where everyone is mourning your life but you're not even dead. If everyone thought he was dead, that meant there was no chance of him being rescued. 

"To say the least. I know how you're feeling when they first took me captive- the days felt like weeks and the weeks felt like years." Noah sympathized with me "But you have rescue coming for you, they're not going to give up until they find you. I would contact them if I could but Atticus still doesn't even allow me to have a phone."

"So this means that Crestmont didn't set the fire to the Westwoods?" I asked, thinking back to the time that Aster explained RSP to me for the first time. I also thought back to when the Coinstons and Vipers were bombarding me with questions.

"No, they didn't. Coinston did, and let Crestmont take the blame for it. Although Aster and Evangeline did blame the Coinston's at first." Noah confined "They were right too, and to get back at them- they gave them a taste of their own medicine."

"Are you saying Aster and Evangeline and set fire to the Coinston's warehouse for revenge?" I put the pieces together, trying to understand everything that was hidden from me. "Yep." Noah nodded in agreement "They set fire to their warehouse during a meeting and killed 15 out of 20 members." 

"That's not it though." Noah scoffed a laugh "Coinston knew that Westwoods did it, but they blamed Crestmont for it. Crestmont became so outraged because they were being blamed for something they didn't do."

"Oh my god." I said as everything started to fall in place "That means Westwoods didn't steal Crestmont's RSP portion. Coinston did- this all a huge scheme, Coinston did this to make Crestmot hate them and cause drama." 

I couldn't believe everything began to fall together. Everything started to make sense, I couldn't believe Coinston was all behind this just trying to get back at Crestmont. Coinston robbed Crestmont's drug portion in RSP, knowing that Crestmont would blame Westwood. 

To play it off, Coinston's set fire to the Westwoods to show their loyalty to Crestmont since they were supposed to be allies. Westwood blamed the Coinston's and got their revenge by setting a fire to their warehouse. 

But Coinston wanted Westwood to act back so they could blame the Crestmonts, which they did. Once the Coinstons blamed Crestmont for the fire Westwood did, they were no longer allies and it became an open fight.

"But one thing doesn't make sense." I shook my head, still missing a piece of information "Why are the Coinston's working with the Vipers, and why did they want to get back at Crestmont? I mean Crestmont never did anything to the Coinston's so why the need for this whole scheme?"

I looked over to Noah in complete shock as he shared the same expression as me. I couldn't believe it but Crestmont was completely innocent, this was a war between the Westwoods and Coinstons that they got pulled into the center of. 

"Do you know anything else?" I asked Noah, needing as much information as possible to finally solve this. "Well there is one thing.." Noah trailed off "Tucker Sutton is working with the Coinstons."

"What!?" I exclaimed in complete shock, my eyes widening in response. Tucker was working with the Coinston's? Of course, he was...

* * * * 

⚫ Pierce Henderson Gunner POV ⚫

"What the fuck are we going to do?" Tyson yelled "You expect us to just find her and storm into someplace where they're probably loaded with guns? Come on Xander, you know that's not going to work."

"Fuck off Tyson." I spoke up "If you're too fucking pussy then just say it. Jesus Christ, Aspen got kidnapped and all you're worried about is yourself." We had been at Aster's house, all of trying to formulate some kind of plan on trying to find her. 

It had been two days without Aspen and I was fucking losing it at this point. I couldn't even sleep with the thought of her not being safe and what they were going to do to her. "Enough." Harley spoke up "The fighting needs to stop and it needs to stop now. This isn't going to help us find Aspen."

We were all getting on a plane tonight to Seattle in order to find her. Rain was positive they would take her there because it's where she was from, meaning they could hold a lot against her. I was a bit skeptical but I would believe anything if there was a chance it was going to lead us in the right direction. 

"You guys are not thinking right. They're not going to isolate her, she's going to be in an area where it's crowded. Somewhere known by a ton of people." My dad explained as he took a drag from his cigarette " They're hoping you think she's somewhere isolated then put her in somewhere crowded to throw you off." 

"They're holding people captive, they're not going to fucking put her somewhere in the middle of the city. Too much of a chance to get caught." Xander disagreed "If they isolate her, she has less chance of escape and they can do anything to her they want."

They can do anything they want for her. 

The words repeated over in my head and I couldn't take listening to it for another moment. Everyone had been arguing non-stop, most people's heads so far up their asses. I quickly grabbed the pack of cigarettes on the table and left the kitchen.

The door swung shut behind me as I leaned up against the side of the house. Placing the cigarette up to my lips, I placed the lighter to the end of it before taking a drag of it. I just wanted to find her, I wanted her to be okay. The thought of what she might be going through was enough to make my mind run a thousand miles an hour.

The door soon swung open and June walked out, leaning up against the wall next to me. "Thought you told Aspen you were going to quit." She commented, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked from me to the street.

"Not now June," I warned, not wanting to be pestered for smoking. I did promise Aspen that I'd quit but I just needed something to take the edge off before I murdered someone. June knew when to not push me but lately, it felt like that's all she had been doing.

"We're going to find her Pierce." She said with hope in her voice "I know we are. She's going to be okay. We just can't lose hope." 

"Hope doesn't get people anywhere," I muttered under my breath, earning a look from Juniper. She knew I was right, whether she wanted to admit it or not. Hope didn't get people anywhere but to disappointment. People hoped their favorite football team would win the game or hoped it wouldn't rain on the weekend. People didn't hope that they'd find their kidnapped girlfriend who was being held by rival gangs. 

"You really like her, huh?" June turned to face me as her grey eyes met mine "I mean I've never seen you so serious about a girl. I think Aspen really changed you, and I'm glad that she did. I always thought she'd be the one for you ever since she came to New York."

"She's just different." I shrugged "I don't know how to explain it. I just can't get her out of my head and is the first girl to make me actually feel real." It was true, Aspen wasn't just some girl that I'd date for a while and we'd just split apart. Whenever I was with her, I felt complete as if she was my other half.

I couldn't get those crystal blue eyes or that bright white pearly smile out of my head. She wasn't just some like, she was so much more. I needed her and for the first time in my life, I could see my future with her. I just had to get her back for that. 

"Do you love her?" June narrowed her eyes at me, waiting for an answer. I took another drag from the cigarette before breathing out the smoke and putting it out against the brick wall. My eyes snapped over to the road as a car pulled up to the curb in a hurry.

June and I both looked over to see the car come to a complete stop. The door opened and a man who appeared to be about his forties rush towards the house. "Shit," I muttered as my eyes widened, looking as Mr. Ambrosia rushed towards the door. 

"Who's that?" June asked as he came closer, anger radiating through his body along with worry. "Mr. Ambrosia..." I stepped in front of him as he climbed up the steps "What are you doing here?" His face was filled with worry and I could tell he knew something was up.

"Where is my daughter?!" He shouted immediately, making the door open as Aster and the rest of the gang walked outside. "Dad.." Aster said in shock, knowing this situation just had gotten ten times worse. 

"Where is she?!" He shouted "Why did she skype me saying she ran away!? Aster where the FUCK IS MY DAUGHTER?!" 

"Wait what?" Aster asked confused, as the words left his mouth. Aspen skyped him and say she was running away? I looked over to June, sharing the same look of worry. They were forcing her to cut all ties and create a lie to a cover story-something that her dad had no choice to believe.

"She called me and told me she ran away and said goodbye! What do you fucking mean what? Where the hell is she Aster?!" Mr. Ambrosia yelled, grabbing hold of Aster by the shirt and gripping the cloth in his fast. 

"Mr. Ambrosia, do you have the device that you answered the phone call from?" Xander asked, stepping in as he released Aster from his grips. "Yes, I answered it from my cell phone..." He trailed off as he grabbed his cell phone out from his pocket. 

"We're going to find her, sir." Xander said as he took the phone "Theo. Tyson. Get on it, track the IPA address and see if we can get a location. Hopefully, they didn't have a blocker on it, we may know where to start looking." 

Theo took hold of the phone before rushing back into the house. We all made our way back into the kitchen as they connected it to the laptop that sat on the table. We needed to know where she was, even if she was out of state. 

"What is going on here?!" Mr. Ambrosia exclaimed as Aster let out a deep sigh. "Dad, you're going to need to sit down for this one." Aster pulled out a chair for his father, and we all watched as we waited for the shit show to go down. 

"Aster I demand to know what is going on." He said frustrated as he took his seat. Aster sent a look over to Evangeline as she gave him a small reassuring smile. Aster looked back as Mr. Ambrosia continued to be on edge, wanting any kind of explanation.

"Aspen didn't run away. She was kidnapped by a rival gang called the Coinstons." Aster stated bluntly. "Way to get the point," I muttered under my breath, making June elbow me in the side as she sent me a warning look.

 "A rival gang?" He laughed "Aster I don't have time for this bullshit. Now tell me where Aspen is, now. Is she safe-" 

"I'm serious." Aster interrupted "When I moved to New York, I found out mom was part of a gang called the Crestmonts when she grew up. That's who everyone in here today is, part of the gang. When she met you, she left Crestmont and moved out to Washington. All those business trips she took weren't for work, they were her coming back to be the leader of Crestmont."

We all watched as Mr. Ambrosia's face changed, not believing a single word that Aster said. I was sure he was already hysterical after getting a call from his daughter of her saying goodbye forever, and now to top it off he was finding out his wife was a notorious gang leader.

"I know it's a lot to take in. It was me and Aspen when we both found out. I joined the Westwoods when I moved here by myself before the Coinston's, a rival gang set fire to our meeting place and killed all of us except Evangeline and me." Aster explained "When Aspen moved here, I tried to hide the gang world from her. I wanted her to have nothing to do with it...that is till I knew she needed the protection and Pierce began to watch over her as she joined Crestmont."

"What do you mean to protect? What does she need protection from?" He asked in confusion, his eyes looking over to me as he was trying to process everything. "Protect her from the Coinstons. Aspen is seen at the next Ashlynn and Ashlynn left a lot of shit that people want revenge on." I spoke up "So to protect her as much as possible, we all made sure she was never alone."

"If you were supposed to protect her, then why was she kidnapped?!" He exclaimed, his eyes shooting daggers towards me. "I took her to her doctor's appointment, she was upset after and just wanted to be alone." I clenched my jaw, the guilt washing over me "I told her I didn't want to leave her alone but she insisted."

"What a fucking load of bullshit." He scoffed a laugh before looking over to Aster "I swear to god Aster if you don't tell me the truth, I don't need some made-up lie- You are not part of a gang, neither is Aspen and sure as hell your mother wasn't."

"Denial. Expected." My mom spoke up "Ashton, I promise you that we all knew Ashlynn well. We are all just working together now to get Aspen back as soon as possible."

"H-how do you know my name?" He stuttered the words out as he looked around at each of us, not knowing what to believe anymore. "Mr. Ambrosia," Xander cleared his voice "I promise you, what Aster is telling is true. It's a lot to take in and Aspen went through the same denial but your wife-Well she was the best leader that Crestmont has ever had and Aspen is exactly like her."

"Bainbridge Island," Theo spoke up, making all our eyes snap over to him "That's where Aspen is. I didn't get an exact address but that's where the IP address leads to them. Rookie mistake on their part."

"Mr. Ambrosia, where is that?" Xander asked as he turned his attention back towards him. "It's in Washington, it's about an hour boat ride in from Seattle. Ashlynn and I used to take the kids there all the time during the summer.." He explained, in complete shock.

"Rain was right.." Triston trailed off, knowing that Rain was right about them taking her to Washington. A part of me was glad we had narrowed down where she is but how far away she was scared me, thinking there was more to it if they were willing to bring her across the country. 

"You're meaning to tell me that my daughter IS IN FUCKING BEING HELD CAPTIVE IN WASHINGTON?!" Mr. Ambrosia's voice became enraged as he stood up from his seat. We all became silent as sirens approached. My eyes snapped over to the windows as blue and red lights began flashing. 

"Who the hell called the cops?!" Greyson spoke up as the siren became silent, signaling they were parking right in front of the house. "I did." Mr. Ambrosia admitted as he walked towards the front door to open the door "I filed a missing person's case, as soon as I arrived in New York. After she called me I got on a plane and immediately got here."

"You need to get out of here!" June's eyes widened as she turned to me. "Shit." I muttered as I grabbed all my shit and turned towards Aster "I'm still wanted for the shooting at the Hotel from New Years, if they see me they will take me in for questioning. What way can I leave?"

"Through the basement, there's an exit and will lead you to the side of the house. Wait out there before running to the car, let the cops come in the house so no one sees you." Aster explained and I looked over to June and nodded my head towards the basement, signaling for her to come with me. 

"Pierce is it?" Mr. Ambrosia, stopping June and me in our tracks "Wanted for what? Who even are you?"

"I'm your daughter's boyfriend," I smirked cockily as I watched his face drop as the words left my mouth. "What-" He began, annunciating the word loudly as I could see the disapproval in his face. It was every cliche story where the father had a daughter who he thought was innocent and pure and a boyfriend with a bad reputation, and the dad disapproves over and over again.

"We're coming with," Mercury spoke up as she grabbed a hold of Greyson's wrist and began pulling her towards us. I looked over to hear banging on the door, signaling the police were right outside of the door and waiting to come in to investigate what would be a crime scene.

"Well if they're all going, so am I." Triston announced as she grabbed a hold of June. "Fucking fine, let's just get the fuck out of here. NOW." I agreed, not having any time to argue with any of them. We headed towards the basement, rushing down the steps as we heard footsteps above us, as the police entered the house.

"Jesus Christ, does no one own a duster in this house?" Triston coughed as she waved the dust out of her face. The basement had been old and run down, no one being down here in forever. We all made our way over to the side door. 

"It's locked, from the outside," June said as she pulled on the two handles, the doors not budging in place. I glanced up at the ceiling as I began to hear voices of police talking above us, signaling that we needed to get out immediately. 

I kicked the door out, the doors bursting open along with the rusted lock that didn't stand a chance. I made my way out of the cellar doors and to the side of the house, glancing around the side to see all the police had been inside by now. 

"Get in the fucking car,"  I demanded and they all began to rush towards the car. Triston, Greyson, and Mercury all climbed into the back while June sat in the front passenger seat. I forced the key into the ignition, putting the car into drive and slamming on the gas to get away from the house as fast as possible. 

The car ride had been silent for a few moments as we left their neighborhood and headed for the main roads. My hands stayed clutched around the steering wheel as I glanced back into the rearview to see Greyson and Mercury whispering about something.

"Well Pierce, your backseat is filled with girls you've fucked." Mercury commented, her brown eyes meeting mine in the rearview mirror "Who had the tightest pussy out of all of us?"

"Jesus Christ Mercury, get over it. We were 16, when are you ever going to let it go? I'm sure Pierce's body count is above fifty at this point, so the three of us really don't matter when you think about it." Triston commented before I could even say anything back.

"And the one girl that mattered, isn't in that backseat so drop it you slut." I snapped back at Mercury, not wanting to be reminded for the millionth time in the past two years about how I slept with her, Triston, and Greyson all at the same time. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We soon came to our house, Triston and Juniper rushing to her room while Mercury and Greyson followed behind me. Walking up the steps of the front porch, I pushed through the front door only to see Reese hovering over the bottom of the steps.

"Fucking stay here." I turned around warning Greyson and Mercury, not wanting to deal with them any minute longer. "Why'd you bring the whore in the house?" Reese spoke up as she gave a face of disgust when her eyes landed on Mercury.

"You just think you're so clever, don't you?" Mercury cocked an eyebrow at her as she bent down to her height, giving her a disapproving look. "Well yeah, it's not hard to be clever when you have more than two functioning brain cells." Reese snapped back, a smirk tugging at her lips "Something you obviously wouldn't know." 

Reese absolutely hated Mercury, she took every chance she could get to snap back at her. In three years, she'd join Crestmont and Mercury would have to deal with it every day. I looked over to Reese as I sent her a proud smirk as we both watched Mercury's smirk fade and face turn angry. 

I pushed past them as I headed upstairs, to begin packing my shit to fly out of Washington. I began grabbing clothes from drawers and shoving them into a suitcase. Pulling out my keys, I unlocked a drawer that I had filled with two handguns, money, and a stash for customers. 

Counting through money, I threw a couple of grand into the suitcase along with the guns, knowing that Xander talked to Val and he would send us on his private plane. I stared down at the Glock in my hand, as I pictured putting a bullet through every single one of those who even touched her. 

"Knock knock." A voice said, making me whirl around to see Mercury in my doorway. "Get the fuck out," I demanded, not wanting her to step even a foot into my bedroom. I was over Mercury, I wanted nothing to do with her. She was dead to me, especially after all the hell she put my girlfriend through. 

Mercury was nothing more than a manipulative, controlling, skank who thought she could get anything she wanted.  We grew up with each other from our parents both being in Crestmont and Mercury always used to obsess over me before we were even dating. I was young so I liked the attention but as we got older, I couldn't get away from her no matter how much I tried. Aspen was the one to make me realize how toxic she was and the night of June and I's party, when I almost had sex with Mercury- I was so glad Aspen walked in. 

I thought I wanted Mercury when all she really was to me was nothing more than an easy fuck. When Aspen was freaking out about me being with her and I kissed her for the first time, I knew immediately that Mercury was nothing.

"Oh come on Piercey," She gave a fake frown as she walked up to me, grabbing the gun out of my hand and throwing it onto my bed. She soon took my hands and placed them on her hips, which I immediately ripped away from her. She walked her fingers along my chest as she looked up to me, her brown eyes staring into mine. 

I kept a stone-cold face, not giving her any type of reaction which is what she was looking for. Mercury and I were done, and due to her always getting what she wanted- that wasn't processing for her.  "How about we just..." She trailed off as she lowered her hands to my pants and began tugging at them.

"Fuck off." I shoved her away from my body, turning back to shoving everything in the suitcase as Mercury stared at me. "Don't be such a fucking pussy." She rolled her eyes "Do you not remember how much you used to enjoy fucking me? You'd get pissed if we didn't do it at least four times a week. So don't tell me you don't want to."

"You were the worst fucking sex I ever had, why can't you get that through your head?!" I shouted at her, losing the minimal patience I had left "Jesus Christ Mercury, I don't fucking want you. I'm over it. You will never be Aspen so stop trying to be." 

"You don't mean that." She shook her head in denial "I was your first everything, Pierce. They say you will always have feelings for your first love, you can't deny that." 

"I DIDN'T FUCKING LOVE YOU!" I shouted, becoming enraged in anger "You're a manipulative bitch who made me think I loved you, but I didn't! I fucking dreaded seeing you, you were nothing more than just sex to me!"

"That's not true." She insisted "Why else did you come running the night that I told you I wanted to die? You even left Aspen for me. So don't tell me you don't love me, Pierce, you left HER for ME."

I thought back to the time where I was in Aspen's bathroom with her after getting into a fistfight with Tucker. It was the night that Aspen asked me about the "mystery girl" which was her. Then she asked me if that girl was her and before I could answer, Mercury called me hysteric. It was true that I left Aspen to go comfort Mercury, I just couldn't deal with the guilt of being told it would be my fault she killed herself.

"Because I didn't want to deal with being told it was my fault you killed yourself." I gritted back at her, the words obviously leaving a sting as they left my lips. Mercury shook her head in denial as her eyes began to water. She looked directly at me before grabbing a hold of my face and smashing her lips into mine.

She kept both of her hands on each side of my face as her lips moved on mine, making me pull away immediately. I shoved her back and looked at her with disgrace, not being shocked that she did that. "Get the fuck out," I ordered, my eyes going dark as I looked at her. 

"Get the fuck out. NOW!" I shouted louder as she continued to just stand in place, not budging an inch. I reached for the gun on my bed and pointed it at her as I gripped it in my hand. "Get the fuck out before I fucking kill you," I repeated, not wanting to look at her fucking face for another second. 

"Fuck you." She gritted before turning around and walking out of the room as she slammed the door behind her. "Slut." I muttered under my breath as I sat on the edge of my bed, not knowing what I was going to do next. 

* * * * * * 

A://N Happy Thursday! I can't believe I turned 19 today...Which means I have now been writing for seven years. 

What did you guys think of this chapter? A lot happened in this one, and a lot was revealed (but not everything yet, I still have a few plot twists to give) So if you have any questions just ask and I'll answer, I know this chapter can be a little confusing. 

So now that you know almost everything and that Coinston has been behind all the drama to start chaos purposely, what do you think?

Are you surprised to see Evangeline has a brother alive that is also taken captive by the Coinstons?

Why do you think the Coinstons are working with the Vipers? (Whoever gets closest answer gets a dedication next chapter)

How do you think Mr. Ambrosia will act now that it will all hit him? Do you think he's going to freak out and pull Aspen from New York?

What do you think will happen now that the police are involved and how Aspen has turned from a runaway case to a missing persons case?

Going back to what June asked Pierce - Do you think he loves her or it's still too early? Do you think he'd have a hard time admitting it?

What do you think about Mercury kissing Pierce?

Favorite Pierce moment?

Favorite character moment in this chapter? (Can be anyone)

Any guesses for the next chapter?

~ Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 371 9
When Claire gets forced into a fake relationship for business with a douchebag she just met, her heart shatters into pieces that can never be put tog...
320K 5.8K 35
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 What happens when two completely different worlds full of sadness, jealousy, love, hate, and te...
1M 27.3K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
68.8K 1.1K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...