Stop That Hacker! (2020)

By KatherineYork7

The Devil's den; a notorious hangout for high school seniors, computer geniuses and competitive gamers. And a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
FAMILY LAW
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Checking point
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
UPDATE
Update 2
Paperback version

Chapter 34

42K 2.3K 439
By KatherineYork7

Francy's p.o.v

Saturday

I had grabbed the cats and locked myself in my room the whole morning. Momo and Pierre seemed fine with that, but Dorrian was giving me the side-eye.

"I can't leave the room Dorian." I told him. "I can't see anyone or they will know. I swear they will know something is off when they look at me."

Meooooow.

Dorian was just impossible.

"Stop it !"

Meeeeeeeoooooow

It was a long annoying meow and I knew he was protesting.

"Fine. But if you want back in here, you will have to deal with it because I am not risking someone seeing me. I still need to figure out how to survive tonight or get out of it."

I trudged towards the door and Dorian instantly ran over. I quickly opened the door letting him out and just in that moment Mom passed by with the laundry basket.

"Oh Francy hon, I haven't seen you all day. Is everything alright?" She put the basket down.

I glanced at Dorian. You will pay for this later.

Like he understood, he ran away towards the living room.

Unlike my brothers, my room was on the same floor as the living room and the kitchen and god knows why I had chosen this room, but I had the most contact with people and this was not one of those times when I needed to be running into people.

"I'm great, mom." I tried closing the door, but she spoke again.

"You're going to be here tonight right? We need to support Ace in this. This is the first time he is bringing home a friend."

I nodded. Oh I was very well aware of that. In fact out of love for my brother I ruined the only relationship I ever had and possibly lost the most handsome guy I will ever date that also appreciated my love for aesthetics. You only get a miracle once and we blow it for Ace. So yes mom. I know!

"Best behaviour." She smiled and took the basket. "Be ready at 8."

I closed the door behind her. Did I have any other choice?

Lucy's p.o.v

I had gone over this million times in my head.

You have never been in this house

You don't know they have cats

You get dinner, work out some details with Ace about our business and get out.

Most importantly. You DON'T TALK to Francy. You avoid being alone with her. And most certainly will not regret what you have done.

I rang the doorbell and a few seconds later Ace opened the door.

"Great timing. I'm dying of hunger and dad just took out the non vegan lasagna we get to eat because of you, from the oven. Come on, get in faster. I'm starving."

He practically pulled me inside.

Few seconds later his mom showed up at the door.

"Hi." She looked up at me. "You're taller than I imagined."

"I hope that doesn't mean I won't get lasagna, because I promise you this height has nothing to do with how much I eat." I smiled and took off the jacket.

She laughed. Why on earth did I start off with such a lame joke..

She took the jacket to put it on the hanger. "Come right in honey."

I walked in and looked around like this is the first time I entered here.

"Your house is nice."

"Thank you." She smiled and led me to the dining room table. Around the table was the father, Kai..yeah I know him and one more younger kid. Probably a junior.

Damn. They really pulled out the big guns for me. The whole table could feed an army.

"Hey there. My name's Alben."

Their father was as tall as me. His hair was greyish and his face was freshly shaved. However, he looked kind. Definitely a different breed than my father.

I shook his hand. "Elric, sir."

"This is my wife Trine. You already met her. Kai and Rehan. These are Ace's younger brothers." He pulled out a chair and instructed us to sit. "Where's Francy?"

"I'll go call her." Her mom said heading out, but there she was.. she whooshed into the room and stopped when she saw me.

Ouch. I felt a jolt in my heart. And it was a painful one.

Her hair was down and she was cuddled up in a white sweater and white pants that fitted her legs perfectly. I couldn't help myself sizing her up.

Her eyes pierced right through me. I know exactly what she felt. I know what her eyes were saying.

"Don't be shy Francy." Her mom said and she seemed to snap out of it.

She walked forward and pulled out her hand. "I'm Francy."

I took her hand in mine. "Elric."

For a second there I wasn't sure how I was going to let go, but she pulled her hand out swiftly and grabbed the seat furthest away from me.

We sat down and helped ourselves to the food. I was thankful Ace's parents were polite and not prying too much while also keeping the conversation going. I was surprised how relaxed I was after the first bite of dinner.

And the food was great.

The brothers asked me questions, in turns, but careful of how they picked their words. I figured they think I was only being nice because of their parents.

I actually really liked them.

However...

I kept glancing at Francy. She was still staring at her almost empty plate.

"So what do you think?"

I snapped back in reality at Rehan's question.

"About what?" I asked.

"About coming to my birthday party? It's after Halloween. So this Tuesday. Free?"

"You know he is going to feel burdened by this." Ace shook his head.

"Yes. And how rude would it be if he says no." Rehan smiled.

I glanced at Francy. She seemed as freaked out as I was.

"Um.. well.."

"Look.." Ace jumped in. "You don't have to come. But unlike normal people Rehan gets very picky about who he invites. And this might sound weird but every birthday of his, tops mine. I swear."

I looked at Francy again. Jump in here. Help. She just stared in shock.

"We won't pressure you, but feel free to come." His dad smiled.

"I guess I can come by, If I get some free time."

"Great." Rehan smiled like he accomplished a great mission.

"So...Elric. You told us pretty much everything about you." His mom smiled. "You never told us if you have a girlfriend. I guess you must have at that age."

"Mom, you do not ask that question." Ace jumped in.

"Seriously mom. I don't want to die later." Kai jumped in.

"There is a limit to what you can ask." Rehan agreed too.

I glanced at Francy.

Surprisingly she was looking at me. She seemed nervous.

"I um.." I turned my head towards their mom. "There was one girl I liked, but um.. we recently split."

"Seriously?!" Ace turned around confused.

"Who?" Kai asked.

"Now kids. There is a limit to how much you can ask and be rude." Their mom spoke and got up to pour more wine for herself.

"I'm sorry. I have to um.." Suddenly Francy rose up and she looked at her parents. "I have to go." She looked at me. "It was nice meeting you."

She ran out of there as fast as she could. Damn. I at least hoped she wouldn't hate me.

Francy's p.o.v

I called a nearby cab and jumped in straight to Remi's house which was ten minutes away. I stood shaking in front of her house and called her on her cellphone a few times until she picked up.

"Come outside please."

"Wha..wait."

She opened the front door holding her coat in her hand and quickly put it on.

As she got closer I just broke down in tears.

She hurried and hugged me. "Francy, what happened?"

"I can't..I can't do this.." I sobbed.

"Tell me what happened.."

"Nothing.. nothing.. we pretend like we didn;t know each other.." I kept crying. "Then he said he had one girl he liked but had to split and I just couldn't take it.."

"Do you think that was said on purpose or.."

"I'm just.." I tried to swallow my tears and pulled away to face her. "He was right there Remi. And he seemed like a dream. Like I imagined it all. He felt so far away.. I don't know how to explain this but... I ...um...It feels like I never hugged him. It feels like I never held his hand. It's like those few times don't count. They were not enough. I never got enough of whatever we had. And it hit me so bad."

She hugged me again. "Do you wanna stay over at my place?"

"No..I have to go back. But I just want to chill here until he leaves."

"Let me just get a blanket and we'll hang here on my porch."

"Thanks Rem." I hugged her tighter. "Also I'm going to use you as an excuse to tell mom why I had to leave."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495K 12.2K 37
Gracie May is a shy nerdy girl with major trust issues especially when it comes to guys. Her simple life gets turned upside down the moment 'Ryan Gr...
3.2M 85K 41
Highest rank: #51- badboy #12- comedy Being new in a high school is difficult. Being "claimed" by the supposedly "bad boy" was even more difficult. H...
774K 16.1K 35
Bella has a simple life HAHAHA NOPE Bella's life is anything but simple. Well it used to be... before her mother died 10 years ago when she was only...
1.1K 112 42
Jane's a teenage weirdo. She's awkward, plain, anxious, and above it all, a hacking prodigy. Ryder's the quintessential high school hero, or so it...