Frozen Flames ~ 1/3

By half-bad

Algebra and bagging groceries was Adara's life. A normal girl living a painfully normal life, until one day s... More

Frozen Flames
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
SECOND BOOK IS BETTER
Frozen Flames II - I SEE FIRE

X

201 4 0
By half-bad

Adara POV

"Out the car", He said and I was about to say something, but I didn't even get a chance.

I scoffed at him despite the circumstances, I was annoyed.

"Now", He said and I prepared to snap back with a snarky comment but he was out the car already, I pushed the door open climbing out the car swinging my backpack over my shoulders and slamming the door shut behind me, I took as much anger out on the door as I could, this car was useless now.

I was grateful we took Michaels car, if I did ever return home I would have my baby waiting for me.

Michael walked out in front of the car and I just followed him standing beside him, looking behind my back to look at the smashed windshield again. I still couldn't believe it.

I looked out in front of us again to see the guy still standing there.

"What the fuck is going on", I whispered to Michael.

"Ready?", He asked the only thing I was ready for was to yell at him for being so blunt, not answering any of my questions and just being an ass.

"What do you mean, ready?", I said instead, shaking my head from side to side, not understanding, but knowing I was not ready, at all.

I guess my question was quickly answered when the guy pulled his hood off his head revealing his icy blond hair now brushed in front of the face.

It was the guy from the store.

"fantastic!", I said to myself sarcastically lifting my hands in the air barely above my waist and letting them slap back down on my thighs.

He reached over his waist wrapping his pale hand around something before pulling out a long sword making me instinctively take a step back, the back of my thighs hitting the car.

My saliva caught in my throat and I swallowed hard trying to gulp down some air without coughing but a small hiccup managed to pass my lips.

My body was cold, frozen in its spot like the windshield, and just like it, I was ready to shatter.

He held the sword in front of his face, exhaling a breath of smoke causing it to light up, it froze completely from the base to the very sharp tip.

No doubt in my mind it can shatter me.

"Okay- that's new", I said, what am I saying, all of this is new.

The ground around him began to freeze and goosebumps rose over my body the sharp and harsh coldness began to bubble inside me.

There's that feeling again.

The fog ghosted on the road and it snaked around my feet before disappearing.

I shut my eyes taking a deep breath before slowly opening my eyes again, my eyes beaming with fear and rage, my body was hot the cold, I felt was lost in the hotness of my skin.

I don't think I will ever get used to that.

"Ready.", Michael said again but this time he sounded sure, I was panicking I didn't know what to do and if by 'ready' he meant to do what I did when we practiced that ONE time Also I was NOT down to kill a man, even if he was trying to kill us.

The fear in my mind was almost as strong as the power in my veins.

With that, Michael ran towards the man ducking when he swung his sword kicking his feet so he fell and landed on his back and I flinched back causing my temperature to decrease back to its normal heat,

"No- No!", I shut my eyes trying to get it back, searching for it.

Nothing.

I told him I had no idea what to do.

Michael kicked his sword away from him, the guy threw punches at Michael my having his sword, swords were useless in close combat anyway.

My guess was that he was not planning on Michael getting so close.

My body was taking forever to heat back up, especially because I was terrified, so I had the hardest time getting my self to focus like I said before... I don't know what I'm doing.

The cries of pain weren't a big help either.

I was starting to regret not practicing more with Michael as I watched Michael's body hit the ground his back arching upwards while he groaned in pain.

Soon his piercing blue eyes met mine and I choked on my breath, my power hid away inside me like a coward and I tried to stand taller than I felt.

I thought this power was supposed to take me over, now I'm begging it to even guest star.

Adara's death, starring my horrible control over my powers!

I slowly began to back away when he bent over to pick up his sword from the ground, his head turned up watching me the entire time, wiping the blood off the corner of his mouth with his thumb before doing a little hop to shake off the fight and pick up speed to run towards me.

I held my breath and shut my eyes, then the heat spread to my fingertips, soaring through my body and I swear time froze for a second. I opened my eyes to see him swinging his sword towards my torso at full force, I reached out as if I was ready to grab it, and I did, when the blade of the sword connected to my palm it exploded, the ice shattering and splashing everywhere because it melted at the contact to my hand.

He flew back at the impact and I stumbled backward in shock.

I looked at my hand in shock, no blood.

I couldn't even get a beat to breathe before the guy angrily stood up charging at me, but this time I was ready, I met him halfway and grabbed his wrist when he threw a punch his skin burning at the contact making him hiss in pain, I would have normally gagged at the smell of his flesh burning, but I had smelt it before the one time my mom snuck me into the gallery of her operating room and when she used the cautery I could smell it even from the gallery. I shook off my flashback and brought my knee up to his crotch making him bend over in pain, my knee hit something hard which gave me a reason to believe that he had something over his dick.

Smart- cause I fight dirty.

Thank god for those self-defense classes my dad forced me to be in.

He glared at me his eyes turning a brighter blue which I didn't think was even possible at this point, he stumbled away from me and I backed up too, I wanted to abort- run- flee- sprint away.

He blew out a fog from his mouth and I tilted my head in shock at the sight, he faced his palm out and shot a force out his palms that knocked the air out my lungs causing not only the ground around me to freeze but the entire perimeter.

The trees were completely frozen and the road was covered in a layer of ice for as far as I could see.

My body was unnaturally cold and I couldn't get my body to heat up, my teeth chattered and I looked down at my hands to see my fingertips turning white and it traveled up my arms slowly and I just watched it, my body was stuck in its spot, not out of fear, but I physically couldn't move my feet off the ground.

I forced my stiff head to look up and I blinked my suddenly tired eyes slowly, he was gone and all I saw was Michael running towards me, my vision was getting blurry and I couldn't even see his face clearly anymore as his body came closer.

I fell to my knees, a cold breath coming out my mouth at the impact.

"Adara!", I heard him yell, his cold arms felt borderline warm against my frozen flesh, catching me right before I completely fell over and instead of meeting darkness, I saw his blue eyes all over again.

-

-

-

"Building was engulfed in flames after a science experiment went wrong, FBI investigated the building and burned remains of two men who were found in the lower half of the building, They are still investigating this case as for now this terrible incident is labeled, as an accident.", The female news reporter spoke in her robotic voice from the TV that hung from the corner of the small diner I was currently in, staining the floor with mud.

I couldn't get myself to remember what happened but I couldn't help to think,

I caused that fire.

"ADARA", Michael's voice startled me awake.

"What happened?", I said jolting awake and rubbing my eyes stopping when I felt the roughness of the black tape on my face, I looked at it confused.

The car was warm and I glanced at the interior and then up at Michael.

"You were overheating", Michael shrugged.

"So I had to wake you up", He said smiling at me.

"And the tape?", I said referring to the black tape on my hands.

I stared at my hands and all the memories came back to me, the memory of my frozen hands made me feel sick, I cleared my throat.

"Where did you get the car from?", I said changing the subject, but also remembering the other car we were in had a busted windshield.

"Don't worry about it", Michael said tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

"You stole it didn't you", I said and his face contorted, I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, We need to talk about what the hell happened back there!", I said slightly raising my voice.

He let out a sigh checking his mirrors before he finally let his shoulders relax.

"You're a handful you know that", He commented with raised eyebrows and I crossed my stiff arms and nodded.

"I've been on the run, for a long time", He said and I nodded my head again, I figured.

"Not from like the cops or anything", He chuckled and I made a duh face.

"From those guys, the ones like you and me, but there's a whole group of them out there and they've been after me ever since I killed one of their people", Michael scoffed and I nodded my head.

"You killed one of them?", I asked shocked, the thought of taking someone's life made my stomach turn.

"One of them caught up to me, we were in a fight and I used his own sword against him", He said the thought of Michael decapitating someone made me shiver. 

"I know a lot more than they think I know, but the problem is there's so much more to figure out"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 6 55
Adalyn is on a journey to find someone, someone she didn't know would change the course of her life. Someone who would change the dynamic of her fami...
175 9 21
In a freak accident, genetic mutating gas spreads across New York sparing some, killing many, and giving others inhuman abilities. After Emerald (Em)...
299K 14.3K 27
Neve, a lonely girl surrounded by people, but no one knew the truth. The truth people have died to protect. It's too dangerous for them to know, and...
10.2K 400 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...