Evolution: A Draco Malfoy Fan...

By withluvshaya

Evolution is defined as "the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex for... More

The Beginning
Baby Z
Hogsmeade
Bonnie and Clyde
Hogsmeade, Again
Sweet Cinammon Roll and Tart Apple
Twisted Triangle
The Second Task
The Yule Ball-Diana Only
Words Made of Poison
Christmas at the Malfoy Manor
The Letter-Diana Only
The Wedding
I Hate You Cedric Diggory
The History of the D'Ambrosio Family-Diana Only
Let Me In-Draco Only
HELPING YOU SHIFT!
Changes
I Will Not Get Detention
Warning Labels and Caution Signs
Quidditch and Date Night
The Inquisitorial Squad
Dumbledore's Army
What to Believe
Tears
The Road to Recovery
Cloudy With a Chance of Forgiveness
Victory
The Truth
Birthdays (with Pansy perspective)
O.W.Ls, Letters, and Love
Christmas
Narrator+Theo: Betrayal
Letters
Return to Hogwarts
The Welcome Back Party
Resurfacing Feelings
Memory Attacks
Boxing Session-Draco Only
October 15th, 1996
The Funeral-Diana Only
The Announcement-Diana Only
Singing in 1997
Who I Am v.s. Who I Used To Be
A Day of Hurt
Emotional Rollercoasters
The Task-Final Chapter
Q&A+Announcements

Italy

69 2 38
By withluvshaya

Diana:

The estate Mother purchased in Italy was stunning. There were acres and acres of perfectly green grass, and a gorgeous house that has perfect spaces for everyone. The sun kisses my skin as Draco and I run out into the grassy field.

"Italy is so amazing," Draco smiles.

"Isn't it?" I trace my fingertips over the grass, the blades grazing my fingertips. Blaise runs out holding Sable's hand.

"Dray dray!" Sable hugs Draco

"Hi, Sable," Draco replies, laughing a bit.

"Why don't I get a hug?" I ask. Sable promptly lets go of Draco and hugs me, her doe eyes sparkling.

"We should head to town," Blaise suggests.

"Sounds fun," I agree. Elaine walks out of the house and spots up. I run to hug her.

"I missed you so much!" I squeal. Elaine is gorgeous, with light brown hair and olive skin. Her deep brown eyes are kind and benevolent.

"I missed you, too! Oh, Draco is here?" She asks. I nod. Draco waves.

"Blaise!" Elaine hugs him. Blaise asks Elaine to join us and she agrees. We walk the mile or so into town.

The town was bustling with merchants and tiny shops. Italian music played from every little restaurant, the smell of fresh pasta and basil filling the air. Elaine looks around the world in wonder, she hasn't left the Clubhouse much.

"Woah," Elaine stares into a window of a shop.

"Are those cameras that we learned about in Muggle Studies?" Blaise asks.

"Oh my Merlin I've always wanted one!" I run inside and pick up the boxy white camera.

"Excuse me? How much is this?" I ask.

"65," The cashier says. I purchase the camera and some film and walk out the door.

"You bought it? You're sharing with me," Blaise tells me.

"Fine, but don't break it. Where should I take my first picture?" I load the film and look for a place to take it.

"Look at the pretty flowers," Elaine observes. She picks one and places it in her hair and spins, her white sundress skirt spinning with her. I take a picture and the film rolls out.

"Di, the camera's busted. All I see is black," Blaise says.

"It needs to develop. Give it time," Sure enough, a few minutes later, the film was developed, the picture was classic. The sunlight hit the flower and Elaine's skin perfectly. All in all, the picture was perfect.

"Woah, that's really good," Blaise compliments.

"It's amazing!" Elaine exclaims.

"Amazing job, love," Draco slings his arm over my shoulder and I smile.

"When are you going to see Father's family?" Elaine asks.

"Next week. They're out of town right now and will be back this weekend. You should come, El. You're Father's child, and they know who you are," I tell her as we head home. Sable is playing in the front yard blowing dandelions as Alaire watches.

"That would be nice. And I'll get to see our cousins Francesca and Axel," Elaine replies. I cheer. 

"Let me try taking a picture," Draco says and I hand him the camera as we step onto our property. Blaise stands behind Draco and makes faces, making me laugh. The picture rolls out.

"I can't wait for that to develop," Draco smiles. Alaire runs outside screaming.

"IT CAME IT CAME! MY HOGWARTS LETTER CAME!" She screams. It was true, she held the signature cream colored envelope with the red wax seal.

"Congratulations, Alaire!" I swing my sister around and around. "Here, stand right here and hold up your letter. Now, smile!" I snap a picture and it rolls out. Draco stares at the picture he took of me with the biggest smile on his face.

"Can I keep it?" He asks.

"Yeah of course!" Blaise takes a look at the picture of me.

"That's a really good picture, mate. Come take a look," Blaise beckons me over. I shake the picture I just took back and forth as I look at the picture Draco had taken. The grass was hit by the sunlight, and I was smiling brightly. The sun hit my face perfectly and my hair was falling down my back, the little waves hovering high over the grass.

"That's so pretty," I compliment him. The photo of Alaire had finished developing and I hand it to her.

"Yay!" She runs inside to show Mother and Severus.

That night, Draco leads me outside, covering my eyes.

"Where are we going?" I ask him as he drags me outside. I could tell it was outside because the sounds of crickets got louder.

"Open your eyes," Draco whispers. I take my hand off of my eyes and saw he had set up a tent for us with a campfire.

"It's so cute!" I gasp happily. Draco hands me a wooden stick with marshmallows on it and we roast them. Suddenly, one of Draco's marshmallows caught fire.

"What do I do?!" He cries. I laugh.

"Blow it out, dimwit!" I holler, holding my stomach as I laugh. Draco shakes the marshmallow, but it doesn't blow out. I snap a picture just before the flame died off.

"Whew," Draco chuckles then starts to laugh with me. He holds up the camera as I bite into a marshmallow, a bit of the sticky sweetness on the corner of my lip.

"Can I keep it?" He asks.

"Any pictures you take of me are rightfully yours," I tell him.

We lay on the blankets he set out, looking into the evening sky. Draco takes my hand and smiles at me.

"What?" I tease him.

"You're perfect, you know that?" He asks me. I blush.

"I'm the farthest thing from perfect," I tell him. Draco shakes his head.

"Not for me," He says softly and my face flushes a deep red.

"Look who's the softie now," Draco tickles me a bit and I giggle.

"I love you," He whispers. My heart does a flip in my stomach.

"I love you too," Draco's smile only gets bigger as I close my eyes.

Draco:

I help Diana back to the tent I had set up and watch as she falls asleep. It's strange to think how we are so similar. We both have this tough side the whole world knows, and then this sweet side few people get the honor of seeing. Maybe that's why we work so well together.

That night, Diana shoots out of bed, panting heavily. "Di?" I ask her. She can't answer, she's squeezing her wrist so hard it turns red.

"Just breathe," I instruct her. Diana takes a shaky breath in, then out.

"That's it. Do one more," I rub her back. She takes another one. With each breath, she loosens her grip on her wrist. She wipes her eyes, and its that moment that I realize she's crying.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I...I had a nightmare...instead of Cedric....you know...it was you and Blaise...and..." Diana sniffles.

"I'm right here, Baby Z. I'll always be right here," I tell her. Diana smiles a bit.

"Draco?" She asks.

"Yes?" I reply.

"What happens when I find out the truth about my father? Then what?" She asks.

I think. "Then you process, and you hold onto that for the rest of your life," I tell her as a play with her soft dark brown hair.

"What if he was a criminal? What if he was someone I'm not proud of?" Diana presses.

"Then you don't let him define you. No matter what, I'll still love you," I promise.

"Likewise," Diana kisses my cheek before falling asleep.

I stay awake, thinking about Basillio and Diana. What would happen if she found out my own father killed him? What would she think of me? 

Next week was going to be complicated.

A/N: Sorry for my hiatus, writers block sucks.

Also, someone asked for Italian in these chapters. When Diana goes to the D'Ambrosio residence then there will be Italian. I'll be using Google Translate, so if it's not exact please forgive me. Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
636 8 13
Voldemort is defeated, almost all Death Eaters are dead or imprisoned in Azkaban. But what to do with those whose fault wasn't fully proven? The magi...
87.6K 1.4K 57
"You want me don't you Grace" I did I wanted all of him but i could never admit that. Grace is Crabbes sister. She finally decided to join her brot...
10.6K 216 24
Draco can't fall in love until he meets Hermione. She doesn't realizes it yet but she is madly in love with the boy with beautiful grey eyes. Will he...