The Promotion {Editing}

By _xxAMxx

Cover credit goes to @meha-k Banner credit goes to @sarcastic-mess ... More

Authors note + Achievements
Character Aesthetics
Playlist
Part 1: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Character Aesthetics: Updated
Part 2: Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven

963 60 49
By _xxAMxx

After arguing with Calum, he barely spoke to me. Things got heated like it did, but for some reason last night felt different.

A new morning was upon us, he woke up, eat his breakfast and left the house, as usual. I woke up in the morning feeling guilty about what I did last night. Regret seeped and flooded my head.

I felt like I needed to get the regret of my chest. Whilst I drove to work, I made a hasty decision to call Sarah.

"Hey, Louisa." She answered after two short rings.

"Hi Sarah, how are you and how's your mum?" I asked, delaying in what I wanted to tell her.

"I'm good, mum is pretty much the same, she's doing okay."

I stayed silent for a brief while, I was questioning myself, if it was the right thing to do, to tell Sarah, I felt like I needed to.

"Are you on your way to work?" Sarah asked filling the silence.

"Yeah... I am... Sarah I did something really stupid." I winced at my words tumbling out of my mouth.

"What? What is it?" She pondered sounding concerned.

"Well last night Calum and I got into a heated argument-"

"Ugh... What's new?" Sarah interrupted.

"Well, he stormed out and then I was just thinking, you know, about Alexander."

"Louisa, I'm not understanding you, what are you trying to say?" Sarah questioned with slight confusion in the tone of her voice.

"Well let's just say, I was thinking about Alexander and my hands started to explore." I ended my sentence abruptly to see if she understood, I couldn't bring myself to say in full words what I did.

"I don't think I-" Sarah started, but then let out a loud gasp. "No! Don't tell me you touched yourself while thinking about Alexander?"

Hearing her say it out loud made me feel more guilty than I already was.

"I did." I mumbled, wincing at my thoughts.

Sarah started to laugh hysterically. "Oh my... I can't believe it, Do you realise what this means?"

"No? What does it mean?"

"It means that somewhere in that mind of yours you like Alexander."

My eyes widened at the words coming out of Sarah's mouth. Luckily I had arrived at work and I was parked up ready to leave the car.

"You know what I don't even want to hear this, I'm at work now, so I'll speak to you later." I quickly replied.

"Okay then, bye now, don't think too much about Alexander." Sarah teased.

I quickly hung up not wanting to hear another word. I milled over the thought of Calum's behaviour, which felt like it lead me to do what I did.

When I entered the main lobby area there were a few faces I didn't recognise. I had many faces of confusion, I scurried past them keeping my head down.

When I got into my office, I was astonished, I saw the most beautiful dress hung up on a rail. I walked closer to get a better look. It was a long black maxi dress, with floral embroidery on the left hand side of the top part of the dress. There was also embroidery on the skirt of the dress. It had a plunging neckline, long sleeves and a thigh slit. I turned the dress to look at the back. The dress was backless.

"Do you like it?" A deep mellow voice echoed from behind me.

I jumped slightly, startled at the voice that suddenly spoke. I turned around to see Alexander looking at me with his alluring deep brown eyes.

"It's beautiful, I love it." I said, still in awe at the dress.

"Good, because you're wearing that tonight at the business drinks." Alexander said, with a slight smirk creeping on the corner of his mouth.

I was taken back at what he had said.

"Wait what?" I said feeling flabbergasted. "No I can't, this looks expensive-"

"There's no discussion, you're wearing it."

Mumbles came from my mouth as I felt speechless, yet happy at his kind gesture.

"How do you know if it's the right size?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

That small smirk now turns into a devious, yet hot smile. "Don't worry about it. I can tell, it'll fit you perfectly."

I felt myself slightly blush. Without saying another word he disappeared into his office. I go over to sit at my desk, still admiring the dress. I snapped out of my admiration of the dress and get stuck in.

I couldn't sit here all day and gawk at the dress. I proceeded to follow the instructions Viv gave me. As much of it didn't make sense, I was slowly wrapping my head around my duties.

***

The day was going by very slow. For some reason I wasn't in the right mind set to work. I kept on thinking about my argument with Calum. Alexander was in and out of his office. When he would walk by he would glance at me, I noticed, as I could see him from the corner of my eyes.

As I was deep in my own thoughts, I didn't realise Alexander was in my office.

"Louisa." He called bringing me back to reality.

"Oh yes? Sorry. Do you need something?" I asked trying to find the right words to say.

"Are you okay? I've noticed you seem a bit distracted."

"Sorry." I said in a tone, whilst looking down at my lap in shame.

"What's on your mind? You know you can tell me anything, just like you did when you first saw me in the pub." Alexander soulfully said.

I can't help but smile, remembering how stupid it was for me to confide in a total stranger. But, he was there for me, he listened to me and it felt like he cared for me.

"Oh it's nothing really. I just had an argument with Calum."

"Ah yes... The boyfriend." Alexander said as he folded his arms looking at me in a concerned way, "Why don't you go home. You're going to have a long night ahead of you at the business drinks. Go home relax for a bit."

"No, honestly I'm fine I-"

"Louisa, Go, No ifs or buts. Go home, then come back to the office around five, you can get ready, I'll have a stylist to help you with your hair and makeup. Then we will leave about six."

My eyes met his luxurious brown eyes. I could tell he was being sincere. He did quite a lot for me in the space of four hours. This was more than what Calum did in the years together.

I nodded at Alexander as I knew it would be pointless to disagree with him. I grabbed my stuff getting ready to leave.

"Louisa." Alexander called out just before I left. "Hard work starts tomorrow and I hope you sort things with Calum."

I gave him a smile and a nod, acknowledging that I understood. I turned around to leave when I heard my name.

"Louisa."

I noticed it was Viv, I stopped and waited for her to catch up with me.

"Are you leaving?" Viv asked as she noticed my bag in my hand.

"Yes, Alexander told me to go home. Apparently my night will be busy at the business drinks."

"Oh?" Viv raised her eyebrow. "Lucky you. When I went to business drinks I was expected to work a full day. Anyway forget that, I was going to come over to see how you're doing, but I'll see you tomorrow?"

I jerked my head at Viv's comment, not knowing what to reply. I slightly nodded and mumbled under my breath.

She returned the gesture, by slightly smiling, turning around and walking away from me. I narrowed my eyes at her walking away, she seemed a bit off. I don't know what it was, but her demeanour changed when I told her why I was going home.

***

Whilst I was driving home, I was thinking of ways to make amends with Calum. There were so many things I wanted to mention. I hated fighting and not being on speaking terms.

Approaching the apartment, I noticed Calum leaving and getting into a taxi. My eyes widened and my heart sunk, I finally was in grasp of the opportunity to find out where he went. I made the abrupt decision and followed his taxi.

I made sure I kept my distance, ensuring that he didn't recognise my car. After ten minutes of driving, he got dropped off outside a strange, yet plain building.

The building had three floors. It was an off-white colour. It looked like the windows were firmly shut and never opened. I couldn't see through the windows as they all had blinds, concealing what was behind there. As Calum opened the brown shabby door, I noticed it led to some stairs.

I waited for about five minutes to see if he would leave, but he didn't. I got out of the car and followed his footsteps. There was a strange atmosphere surrounding me. It was dark at the bottom of the stairs, as I looked up, it seemed that it led to a room which was brightly lit. I slowly walked up, I could hear audible sounds of talking.

I finally made it to the top and noticed some kind of reception. There was a blonde girl, she looked like she was in her mid twenties. She was sitting at the desk, occupied reading her magazine whilst chewing her gum. To the right side, there where two leather couches with three girls sitting, talking to each other. I still wasn't acknowledged by the girls. I noticed all the girls wearing very tight and revealing clothes.

I look around the room and noticed a few things that stood out to me. There were red LED lights around the ceiling and wall. Some pictures on the wall showcased love hearts. I looked further down the room and noticed three closed doors that all hade the word 'private' written on them.

I suddenly got a sick feeling in my gut. I hesitantly go up to the receptionist. "Excuse me, what is this place?"

She slowly looked up from her magazine and shot me a confused look.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked while obnoxiously chewing her gum.

"An appointment? I'm sorry what is this place?" I repeated, starting to feel disorientated.

"Babe, I think you have the wrong address." She giggled, returning back to her magazine. I ignored her words.

"I've just seen someone come into this building. A man with brown hair, about five-nine, wearing a grey top with-"

"I'm sorry I can't disclose this information, I'm afraid you have to leave." The girl spoke over me.

I was certain I saw Calum come into this building. I couldn't leave without knowing for sure. I made an impulsive decision and stormed my way over to the three doors.

"Excuse me! You can't do that!" The girl shouted at me. I heard her shuffle out from her desk trying to catch up to me.

I opened the first door and I saw a topless brunette girl, giving a man, who seems to be in his fifties, a lap dance.

The realisation instantly came crashing down on me. It was clear to me what kind of building this was.

I quickly shut the door and went to the next door. I saw another girl, dressed in a skimpy nurses outfit getting ready to unzip the mans trousers. My heart suddenly started to beat faster, to the point where it was about to rip out from my chest.

"You cannot do that." The girl shouted grabbing my arm. "Please leave or I have to get someone to force you to leave."

Still ignoring her, I yanked my arm out of her grip. I get to the third door and opened it. What I saw right in front of my eyes caused my whole world to crash down on me like a tonne of bricks. That sick feeling travelled from my gut to my throat. For a moment it felt like my brain had stopped working and I couldn't comprehend what my eyes were witnessing.

A blonde girl, getting ready to go down on Calum. She oddly resembled me in some way, from behind. Calum was cheating on me. He was gaining pleasure from someone else.

He noticed the door wide open and his face immediately dropped when he noticed me.

"Louisa?" He fumbled masked in pure shock.

I looked at him in disgust. I had no words, silence consumed me. I turned around and ran towards the exit.

A/N

What do you think? Does Louisa secretly like Alexander, is that why she's constantly thinking about him

Alexander is the best!! He's brought a dress for Louisa, he's arranging a stylist and he notices when something is wrong!!

And uhhohhh Calum is cheating... who guessed that he was cheating?

Share your thoughts and don't forget to vote

Love _xxAMxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 80.5K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
21.5K 467 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...
313K 24.4K 44
One mistake at work lands Maya Knight paying off a debt in the hands of a troubled, wealthy, and undeniably attractive man. But the real debt, she so...
150K 6.4K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...