Ride Or Die | Book #1 ✓

By AshleyT7

"Get away from me Gunner." I started to walk away, dismissing Pierce and anything that came out of his smug l... More

Summary, Description, Cast
Cast 2: The Gunner's
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Prom
Bonus Chapter - Graduation
REBELLIOUS RIDE - BOOK #2 POSTED

Chapter 36

7.9K 181 578
By AshleyT7

"Are you sure you're ok?" Sawyer asked me for what seemed like the millionth time. I had gotten back from the hospital yesterday and everyone had been on me about everything. I did appreciate it but I wasn't someone who appreciated pity. Don't get me wrong, I was absolutely pissed about Archer and wanted to give him his own taste of medicine but Xander swore he would take care of him.

"I'm fine Sawyer." I insisted as her blue eyes narrowed down at me. She and Harley had been especially worried about me and after everything that had happened. I continued to walk into the study where Xander sat with Pierce as they were discussing something before going quiet as we entered.

Cocking an eyebrow at them I watched Pierce straighten his posture and back away from the desk he had leaned on. Xander's eyes had been filled with intimidation but apart from me he had felt lost. Xander did ban Archer with Mr. Gunner after what had happened since they were in on it together, they both had gone back to the city while we continued to all be stuck here.

"Aspen..." Xander trailed off "How are you feeling today?"

"Ok." I shrugged in response as I was more focused on what they had been talking about before I walked in and why the sudden silence. Pierce reached out for my hand before pulling me closer and pecking my lips. It was obvious Xander wasn't going to push Pierce and me apart after what Archer put me through, I was grateful that Xander had been more sensible.

"So Xander...what's the deal for tonight?" I asked, rocking on the balls of my feet as I brought up the question of New Year's Eve being today. There had been a huge party back in the city that was open to anyone at some hotel, we had all wanted to go and get out of this house for a little while but Xander wasn't exactly keen on the idea.

"I don't know, I don't think it's safe- I mean what if the Coinstons make an appearance-" Xander started, trying to come up with any excuse possible for us to not go. I could see why it could be bad but after everything that had been going on lately, we all wanted to just get out for a little bit.

"Oh come on, we've all been stuck here. The chances of them showing up at the same time or not that high plus I think we all deserve it." I tried to convince him, earning a look from Pierce and Xander. Xander sighed before narrowing his eyes at me "Fine Ambrosio, but only because of what happened yesterday. There will be many rules for this party."

"Oh thank fucking god!" June's voice exclaimed, making us whirl around to her walking into the study while the doors slammed behind her "I can't stand another minute in this house!"

I chuckled at her response while Pierce wrapped his arms around me from behind, pressing my back up to his chest and resting his chin on the top of my head. His touch still made butterflies erupt in my stomach and my skin shoot with electricity and I hoped that feeling wouldn't go away.

"Yes but no girls will travel alone. All of you are going to need a partner tonight, if anyone associated with the Coinstons comes we are leaving immediately." Xander warned, "Do you understand?"

"Yes sir." Juniper said sarcastically before looking over to me "We need to find dresses now!"

* * * * *

"I could not wait to get out of that house, I was about to go insane," Juniper exclaimed as we pulled up to the hotel. The hotel was in the heart of New York City, which had been two hours from Xander's country house but we all were happy to get as far away as possible.

The Hotel was named "King's Horizon Hotel," a building that was made out of pure window glass, seeing into the rooms of the hotel that was filled with people. The Hotel had apparently been owned by one of Gunner's old family friends- Valentino Derosa or Val for short. A self-made millionaire whose presence had been known well around the city.

June explained he had dabbled in the gang world but ran his own drug business, where most of his money had come from. The money explained the hotel that was lit up by the led lights shining from the ground as Pierce pulled the car up to the front doors.

Juniper, Cypress, Pierce, and I all exited the challenger while Pierce tossed his keys to the valet driver. I could feel my anxiety wash over me as we entered through the grand doors of the hotel where the lobby was crowded with people, standing in a line that backed up to the door. Looking over to Pierce I cocked an eyebrow at him in confusion as to whether we were supposed to get into this party that was already backed up.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me to the elevator while we all get in before entering on the 12th floor. The gold marble elevator walls opened up as it entered directly to a hallway that was still loaded with people all waiting by the two doors where a bouncer stood at the doors.

We walked straight past the people before Pierce whispered something into his ear before the bouncer opened the door, letting us into the party room where people had been spread everywhere. The music blasted loudly through the speakers while lights strobed everywhere and girls danced upon the stage. A bar was pushed up against the other side of the room where people slammed money down for their next drink.

Looking above me I saw a whole other floor where a spiral staircase led up to the second floor where not a spot was empty. There were easily over three hundred people within the doors alone, making it fairly easy to blend into the crowds of people for the night.

"Gunners!" A thick Italian accent cheered, making my eyes snap over to a tall man with tanned olive skin as well as dark brown eyes that complimented his complexion well. His hair was a dark brown, almost black that was pushed back with curls hovering over his forehead at the front. He wore a black suit with a white undershirt and a tie that laid loosely around his neck with a glass of what I assumed was pure whiskey over ice.

"I'm so glad you could make it." He announced to Pierce and Juniper, taking Juniper's hand in his and looking over her "My my June, look at you." He complimented, spinning her under his arm slowly while looking over her, making her chuckle in response.

"Not so bad yourself Val." She sent him a wink back before his eyes turned to me. "And who may you be?" He cocked an eyebrow curiously, speaking over the blasting music that had shaken the room with the beat.

"Aspen," I took his hand politely "Aspen Ambrosia."

"Ambrosia?" He questioned, "You must be Greek."

I nodded slightly in response, shocked at how anyone knew the heritage of my last name while most people assumed I was more Italian than anything because of my mother. "Looks as if you got yourself a good one, Pierce." He pressed the lips up to his lips before taking a quick swing "Drinks are on me tonight. I'll put a word in for you at the bar."

Juniper thanked Valentino before pulling me away from them before I could say anything to Pierce, pulling me to the second floor where more people were to be found. She pulled me through the crowds before we finally reached Triston and Mars who had been dancing to the music with drinks in their hands.

Triston's head snapped over to us as she pulled away from Mars. "You look so good!" She smiled at the both of us while I smoothed at the gold sequin dress that ended at my mid-thigh, the dress itself hugging me tightly. I paired the dress with a pair of gold strappy heels that I had found while we were out shopping earlier for the party tonight.

"Thanks, you do too." I smiled back before she offered me a drink which I declined. Pierce was DD tonight as requested, well more like forced by Xander. I wasn't a huge drinker anyway so was just going to stay sober with him because I knew it was torture being the only sober one in a crowd of drunks.

"Well look at what the cat dragged in finally." Mercury approached us in a silver sequin dress that ended with a deep v, revealing a lot of cleavages that were forced by a push-up bra. "Looks as if it already did," I smirked back at her, earning a glare in return.

"Oh please, that dress is so last season." Mercury rolled her eyes "Maybe you should try a little harder or I might just snatch that boyfriend of yours. He was mine first as well all know."

"What was that?" A voice spoke up from behind me as Pierce's arm snaked around me, pushing my back up against his chest. Mercury's smirk soon faded away at any sight of Pierce and I together was enough to shut her up for a few moments before she found some other snarky remark to make.

"That's what I thought." Pierce sent her a warning glare before grabbing my hand and leading me through the crowd to downstairs. The rest of the gang had already been here as we got a late start to leaving while Juniper insisted on curling each and every single little strand of her hair over and over again.

The event had been a formal event, forcing the boys to each wear a black and white suit. He pulled me over to one of the walls where I could see couples lined up, making out without a care in the world of anyone who saw. "Are you sure you're ok?" Pierce asked me again, he had been concerned all day about how I was feeling.

"I'm ok. I promise." I forced a small smile, trying to convince him enough so he would stop worrying. After what happened with the pool I was feeling ok physically but mentally I was in a completely different state, practically traumatized from it. Despite my new fear I was trying to use it to grow stronger in some sort of way but it was almost impossible.

"If you need to go home at any time just tell me ok?" Pierce narrowed his eyes at him and I nodded in agreement. I was suddenly feeling like this party hadn't been a good idea but I pushed it off as just being my nerves as I had been on edge lately.

"Come on," I pulled Pierce out to the dance floor where everyone had been jumping to the beat. The music was 2010's pop music, music that was best for clubbing if you ask me. Pierce spun me under his arm before pressing his forehead to mine.

His lips pressed to mine while we stood in the middle of the dancefloor, his hands sliding down the sides of my body before slipping around my waist and grabbing my butt while gripping the dress with it. I slipped my arms around his neck, tugging on the back of his hair before breaking away from him.

A smile broke across my face as I narrowed my eyes, giving him a warning look that we had been in public. I wasn't super against PDA but had been after a certain extent but when you were in a club on New Year's Eve all bets were off.

My body grinded against Pierce's as his hand pushed against my stomach, pressing me further up against him while his other hand slipped to my waist. His lips moved to my neck while I threw my head back on his shoulder and I suddenly thanked all those early high school dances to learn how to grind.

His lips pressed to my neck while he gently biting at my skin with his teeth, sending a shiver down my spine before I pulled away when we saw Xander approach with everybody else. Juniper and Triston grabbed each of my hands and pulled me further into the crowd while Pierce, Cypress, and Mars followed us.

"I'm making good girls go bad!" Juniper, Triston, and I all shouted the lyrics while jumping up and down the beat, letting out our laughs. My eyes caught Pierce's, everything seemed to slow down the minute his eyes locked as mine. Pierce's lips tugged up into a smile as he watched me dance with the girls.

I shot him back a smile before Juniper spun me under her arm and took both my hands while I followed her steps. My nerves slowly slipped away as I repeated to myself to just let go for a little bit tonight, I mean it was only a couple hours to midnight...the new year.

I glanced over to Cypress who stood next to Pierce as they talked back and forth but nothing I could hear due to the music. I glanced back to June before walking up to Cypress and taking the drink from his hand and handing it to Pierce.

I grabbed Cypress's hands, pulling him out to the center of the dancefloor. "What are you doing?" He cocked an eyebrow at me in confusion before I moved his arms with mine, trying to force him to do any type of dancing.

I spun myself under his arm before grabbing June's hand, pulling her closer to me as she pressed her back against mine while she sang with the song. I grabbed June's hand before pushing her towards Cypress, watching her stumble into his chest, making her face go bright red.

I hurried back to Pierce, pulling him away from the crowd before he could say anything to protest Juniper and Cypress. Pierce's fingers intertwined with mine while he soon took the lead and pulled me into a nearby bathroom.

I looked over at the bathroom that was practically the entire size of my bedroom, it was a personal bathroom with marble walling and flooring that was lit with bright white lights. The wall was covered with a mirror while a sink countertop laid below it.

Pierce slammed the door shut before locking it and immediately pinning me up against the wall. His forehead pressed to mine while his peppermint breath faltered across my skin, letting his hands slide down the sides of my body.

My eyes flickered up to his before he pressed his lips into mine, pushing my body flat against the wall. His arms snaked around my waist before picking me up and sliding me onto the countertop while his arms slipped down to my thighs, forcing me to wrap my legs around him.

"Pierce." I broke away breathless but my words were ignored when he pressed his lips back to mine. My hands placed flat on his chest while I held onto the black suit jacket that hugged his torso. His lips moved in sync with mine, his tongue pushing his entrance in mine.

Don't get me wrong, the reality of having a bad boy boyfriend didn't disappoint with his every need to touch me. It was something some girls dreamed and Pierce answered those dreams.

There was a knock at the door before Pierce and I broke away, while he threw his head back and let out a groan. Muttering a few words under his breath, Pierce opened the door while I slid off the counter and fixed my dress that had ridden up my body.

The door opened to reveal Juniper who stood at the door with a face of horror, leading onto something that wasn't good. "June? What's wrong?" I questioned confused as I walked up to her, pulling her out of the bathroom doorway and shutting it behind us.

"There's a guy.." She trailed off "He says he knows you...I don't know who he is." I looked between her and Pierce, while they both shared the same expression of worry. I nodded slightly in response before telling June to lead me to him, wanting to know who this mystery guy seemed to be.

We pushed through the crowds of all the people who danced to the beat that shook the room. The lights continued to strobe, shining lights throughout the club area. June led us over to the bar where Cypress stood waiting for her to come back. We approached the bar and I saw a man who was facing me with his back and seemed to be over six feet.

June joined next to Cypress before the man turned around with a drink in his hand. My jaw dropped and I soon felt skin to my stomach as I looked at the guy with brown caramel hair and bright blue eyes. His lips tugged up into a smirk as he adjusted his suit jacket, not taking his eyes away from me.

"C-Cayde?" I stuttered in utter shock at my ex-boyfriend who stood in front of me. It couldn't be him, this couldn't be real. All the memories came flooding back as I looked into his eyes that were filled with dark and evil.

"Hey, babe." His lips were plastered into a grin filled with evilness while everyone else's eyes widened in response. My head began to pound, making me feel lightheaded as my anxiety rose. I felt as if I couldn't stand or get out a breath.

Pierce immediately pushed me behind him, standing up tall to Cayde while they both averaged at the same height. I watched as Pierce's body language became tense, his eyes getting dark, jaw clenching, while his hands curled up into fists by his side.

"Fuck off." Pierce gritted through his teeth while Cayde's expression turned to amusement. "Oh, so she's told you about me?" Cayde asked "Guess you have been talking about Aspen. I mean I can't blame you, I was the best you ever got."

Pierce immediately shoved him back, Cayde's back hitting the bar before he regained his posture quickly. Cayde's eyes glared into Pierce's before shoving him back and I quickly stepped in front of Pierce before he would do anything.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked, forcing the words out of my mouth although it felt like every second that Cayde's presence was me suffocating. Why was Cayde here and how did he find me? The questions flooded my head while I couldn't manage to find any rational answer.

"To see you of course." He let out a sarcastic laugh "I mean it wasn't hard when you post pictures with your new gang. Did you really think I wouldn't find out? A few internet searches and I found your new boyfriend's prison record for gang-related issues."

"You need to leave," I demanded, my tone stern and showing no fear to Cayde. The minute I left Washington I thought I would never see Cayde Matthews again, but now I was living my worst nightmare.

"So soon?" He cocked an eyebrow at me before grabbing me by the waist and smacking my butt with his free hand. A shiver went up to my spine as I had felt the disgust of Cayde's touch and every single moment that it was another traumatic event.

Before I could even react Pierce ripped me out of his grip and sent a punch straight into his face. Cayde's head turned to the side as he looked down at the ground before looking back over to Pierce. His nose was bleeding, the blood dripping down his lips as he stared at Pierce.

"I don't know why you're mad at me. I loosened her up for you." Cayde smirked at Pierce, angering Pierce even more. The whole club was silent at this point while Pierce grabbed Cayde and smashed his head into the bar corner.

I flinched at the sound of his skull coming in contact with the hardwood while Pierce wasn't going to leave him standing. Juniper quickly hurried me away, rushing through the crowd to try to find Xander. My head was spinning as all the memories fled back and the shock was starting to set in. I could still feel his touch against me, it made my stomach twist in knots.

"Xander!" June yelled through the crowd, the only thing that could be heard was the chattering of the crowds while they watched the fight with their phones out. Xander stood in the corner with Valentino, it was obvious that news hadn't gotten to them yet about what was happening at the bar.

"Aspen's ex-boyfriend is here," June said breathlessly, Xander's eyes widening as he looked over to Val before looking back at us. Xander rushed over to the bar while Val followed shortly behind him. I could hear Xander's yells at Pierce but I couldn't bear to watch at the monstrosity of what was happening.

I suddenly stopped hearing Xander's yells when a loud bang went off within the club. Everyone ducked down to the ground as screams filled the club, the music coming to a halt and lights stopping instantly.

I looked over to June in panic and my heart began to race as I didn't know where the gunshot was coming from. June grabbed my hand without hesitation and ran through all the people who scattered in horror, making it almost impossible to escape while they all began to pile up at the doors.

"We're never going to make it," I said defeated as I stared at the doors where people were banging and screaming from the inside with hopes of getting out. Running a hand through my loosely curled hair I looked around, seeing nothing but people in pure panic.

I started to feel like I was reliving the shooting at school and how scary that was. Although this time I had no idea where the gunshot was coming from and the fear was eating away at me with every negative thought that came into my head. I worried about Pierce and if he was ok, praying that I'd find him somewhere within the crowd.

"Follow me." Greyson's voice made Juniper and I whirl around to her, Phoenix, and Alexandria. "Where's Triston and Mercury?" I asked all of them, knowing we had to all stick together to get out of here in safety. They all looked around, scanning their eyes over the crowd to find them but it was no use when there were hundreds of people scattering.

"Text the guys," June instructed as I went to grab my phone but let out a sigh of frustration when I realized I had given it to Pierce since I had no pockets. Greyson led the way up to the second floor, forcing past the people who ran down the spiral staircase while we were the only ones to climb our way to the top.

"Greyson where are we going?" Phoenix asked as she followed shortly behind her before we finally reached the second floor to find Tyson and Theo. "Sis." They both greeted Greyson in relief, pulling her into a hug before looking over to the door that was blocked off with a karaoke machine.

"If we push this out of the way there is a doorway that leads out to the hallway. If we get out to the hallway we can take the stairs all the way down to the parking lot out the back door. It's no use going out the front with how crowded that lobby is." Tyson explained, and I looked over to Juniper.

"What about Pierce-" I began as I was worried sick as to where he was or who he had been with. What if the gunshot was at him? I didn't know what Cayde was capable or what he had been here for, it wouldn't shock me if he pulled something so evil all in revenge for trying to ruin his reputation back in Washington.

"He's going to be ok. Pierce knows how to handle himself plus Xander is probably with him. But we need to get out of here now Aspen, we don't know what Cayde is after-" She started but quickly pressed her lips in a thin line. I looked at her with confusion and had realized that June had known something that I didn't.

"June," I said sternly but was interrupted when Theo yelled for us to all push the machine. We all grunted as we tried to shove the machine out of the way as it slowly tipped over. It fell down to the ground, the sound equaling the bang of the gunshot that had gone off earlier.

Tyson opened the door and held a hand out as he shouted for us to run. We all rushed down the hallway, pushing through the cold heavy doors that led to the stairwell. Going down the staircase after staircase, I could hear more gunshots begin to go off.

We soon entered the bottom of the stairwell where a bright red exit sign hung above the door. Pushing through the doors the cold winter air came in contact with my skin, making goosebumps rise on my skin. Looking around, we tried to find the rest of the gang but with all the people that ran through the parking lot, it was almost impossible.

"Hey-" A voice began and I whirled around to see Pierce. A wave of relief came over me and I threw my arms around him, his arms hugging me tightly in return. The warmth of his body overcame me and I took in the scent of his cologne that radiated off of his chest.

Pierce's face and some of his tux had been covered in blood, but it hadn't been his. I pulled back and looked up to his eyes, knowing something had been wrong. With the blood splattered across him, I couldn't begin to imagine what Cayde looked like at this point.

"We need to go," Pierce instructed, looking over to Xander who gave him a nod. We soon all began to split up, going in different cars so we could get as far away from the hotel as possible. We rushed over to the challenger while Greyson, Mercury, and Juniper all forced themselves into the back while I took the passenger seat.

Pierce got into the driver's seat, shifting the gears and reversing out of the parking spot. I gripped onto the handle on the door as all our bodies slammed against the seats from the acceleration. Pierce took the back way out in order to avoid all the traffic people would be causing, speeding down a one-way alley and driving out to a major street.

Pierce slammed on the gas as we entered out into the middle of the intersection. My eyes widened as I saw a black SUV coming speeding our way, if we were to make an impact it was going to be severe. June yelled, warning Pierce which led him to grip the steering wheel and drift the car to the side.

I let out a sigh of relief when the car came to a stop and the SUV passed us unscathed. The city had a pitch-black sky, street lights and skyscrapers lighting up the darkness that surrounded us, the roads were filled with people who were traveling from place to place for New Year's Eve.

The sound of police cars, ambulances, and even fire trucks was blaring through the chaos that had been caused by the hotel. I could still hear gunshots going off at the hotel, still no idea who would be committing to something like this. I looked to my right, through the window, I saw a police car come hurtling towards us while the red, white, and blue sirens flashing at us.

"Shit," Pierce muttered before switching gears back to drive and slamming on the gas. The car speed went from 0-60 in a matter of seconds as he drove through the streets, weaving in and out of the cars and people that blocked our path.

"Pierce pull over." I demanded, "You cannot outrun the police!" I was already an anxious mess and didn't want to take part in a police chase where my boyfriend happens to be the getaway driver. I knew the police had been after us for the stunt Piercer pulled in the intersection, which had been highly illegal.

"And do what!?" Mercury exclaimed from the police "In case you haven't noticed your little ex-boyfriend is pulling all this mess. If we pull over we could get framed and arrested, Pierce speed up."

I couldn't fathom it. Cayde was capable of something like this? He had always been an awful person but I never saw him as just pure evil..at least to other people. It didn't seem like it was possible for anyone to be like this...cause all this fear and chaos on a night where people just wanted to celebrate for a little bit.

Looking in the rearview mirror I could see the police officer right on our tail. Pierce reached his hand down the center console before pulling out a Glock that had already been loaded, I shook my head repeatedly as I was not going to shoot at the police again.

"Take the wheel," Pierce ordered at me and I hesitantly switched spots with him as fast as we could. I pulled the seatbelt over my body as I gripped the steering wheel with another hand and stared through the windshield. Pierce rolled the window of the passenger window and began shooting at the cop car behind us.

I pressed harder on the gas, my foot pressing it down to the floor while I went as fast as I possibly could. It was flurrying outside, the snow coming down lightly but had been nothing to make the roads bad. Every gunshot that Pierce made had made my body flinch as I could picture the hotel and at school.

I glanced into the rearview mirror to see the cop car come to a stop when the tires were flat with bullets through them. "Aspen!" Pierce shouted, snapping my eyes back to the front of the car where a tractor-trailer was blaring its horn at us as we were going directly at each other.

We were only a few feet away from the truck before I quickly turned the wheel fully to the side and slammed on the gas as we began to drift in a circle. Once we were off the side of the road, I slammed on the breaks before taking a deep breath to process the almost near-death experience.

"Are you trying to fucking kill us!?" Greyson shouted in the silence that filled the car. I looked over to Pierce whose lips tugged up into a smirk. I couldn't help but let my lips tug up into a smile as I looked directly at him. Pierce and I together as a team was something that never failed to amaze me, almost being like a power couple that you'd see in the movies.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We soon all managed to get back to the house, forcing our ways out of the chaos that filled the cities. The police took it as far as to shut down any bridge or major highway that allowed access into the city, trapping everybody for the night while they tried to search for their suspects.

Pierce had driven us the rest of the way home, the car ride was practically torturing as two of his ex-girlfriends sat in his backseat. I was just glad to be back at the house and away from everything, but I couldn't even begin to look on any social media without seeing what happened at the hotel while it was trending nationwide.

The video of Pierce beating Cayde was also going around before the gunshot went off. The gunshot apparently was not done by Cayde but someone else within the crowd but Pierce says he never saw who it had been. I was worried about Pierce though, and what was going to happen if the police got a hold of the video.

We all sat around in the living room, none of us daring to speak because we all didn't want to talk about it but knew we needed to. Xander walked into the living room, grabbing the remote before turning on the TV that opened up to the local news.

"King's Horizon Hotel owned by Valentino Derosa was shot up tonight in the middle of a New Year party. Guests scattered in panic as the shots went off, no one claiming to see the people causing this harm." A woman with long red hair who wore a white winter dress coat spoke into the microphone that she held to her lips.

"Suspects have not been found. Two deaths and 17 injuries have been reported so far in this investigation. Police have shut down all entrances and exits to the city with the hopes of having the suspects not escape." Her words continued and my heart fell knowing two people were shot and killed.

Xander let out a sigh as he turned off the TV "Now I know that a lot has happened tonight, please bear with me because I am alone on this as Archer is not here. This was an obvious plot of the Coinston's, they somehow knew we would be there and took it to their advantage. Aspen's ex-boyfriend - Cayde Matthews also showed up tonight. We do not know what his goal was."

"But how would Cayde find where she is?" Triston spoke up "I don't believe he just happened to find her in one of the biggest hotels in New York City. There has to be more to the story or someone helping him."

Who could possibly be helping him?

"Oh my god.." I trailed off in realization before sending a glare over to Tucker "You! You fucking told him where I'd be." It all made sense for Tucker to tell Cayde where I'd be, he hated my guts and was the first one to find out about Cayde after digging up my old history.

"What?" Tucker scoffed "I haven't talked to him."

"Really? You're the one who helped Mr. Gunner find that information about me. What says you wouldn't do it again?" I went on, convinced Tucker was the reason "You hate my guts for rejecting you and this could be some kind of sick revenge."

"I mean it does make sense.." Sawyer trailed off "Tucker did help our dad find out about her ex-boyfriend. Why wouldn't he go as far as to contact him?"

"This is fucking ridiculous!" He shouted, standing up from his seat "I did not contact your rapist ex-boyfriend and I refuse to be blamed for what happened tonight!" With that said, Tucker stormed off upstairs in anger, leaving us all wondering if it had been him.

"Everyone just go to bed," Xander instructed us all while he rubbed his temples. I could see the stress eating away at Xander, without Archer I knew all the decisions began to fall on him which had never happened. Archer pushed his way to the top and Xander always just had to sit back and watch but now it was different. Now Xander had to step up to the plate as the leader.

We all bid our goodnights to each other before parting separate ways. Making our way up the steps we finally reached our floor with all of our bedrooms. I began to open the door before June grabbed my hand, making me turn around to look at her. Cypress and Pierce had walked behind us, stopping in the middle of the hallway as we did.

"Happy New Year." June pulled me into a hug "Everything is going to be ok."

"Happy New Year June." I hugged her back tightly before pulling away. June was my best friend since I moved to New York and I knew she could read me well. She could see all the mixed emotions I was going through and when I saw Cayde; it seemed like I was reliving everything within a matter of seconds.

Cypress pulled me into a quick hug before pulling back "Happy New Year Aspen." June and Cypress entered their room while Pierce followed me into ours. My eyes glanced over to the clock where it happened to be 11:59.

It was one minute till the new year and a part of me wished that as I went into the New Year that all this chaos could be left in the year behind but I knew that hadn't been realistic. I hurried to turn on the TV to watch the ball drop live in New York City.

Pierce stood behind me as we both stared at the screen as the countdown began. His arms rested on my shoulders, both of us staying silent as the numbers counted onto the screen.

5...

Pierce's hands slipped down to my waist.

4...

They gripped the sides of my hips.

3..

The cloth of my dress bundled up in his palms as he pulled me closer to him.

2...

Pierce spun me around to face him, his grey eyes boring into mine.

1...

"Happy New Year." Pierce's peppermint breath faltered onto my lips as he inched closer to me. I closed the gap in between us, pressing my lips to his. He responded immediately, his lips moving in sync with mine as they were soft and gentle.

I slid my hands down his chest, gripping onto his suit jacket with my hands while his hand snaked to the lower of my back, pushing me up against his body. The warmth of his body radiated over me and I could smell his strong cologne which was the scent I knew Pierce by.

He picked me up and laid me onto the king-size bed while his lips stayed on mine. I kicked my heels off that I had already loosened and kept my hands placed on his chest. His hands roamed my body as he pushed the dress up on my thighs, revealing the black lacey thong I had on.

His fingers slipped underneath my underwear, before moving down to my hole and pressing gently before entering inside me. I let out a soft moan against his lips as his fingers slipped inside me and Pierce continued to move his index and middle finger in motions.

I slipped my hands down to his button-up shirt, tugging at the bottom of it. Pierce broke away from me before unbuttoning each button, slowly revealing parts of his chest piece by piece before it was off completely.

Pierce pulled me up into a sitting position, unzipping the back of my dress before pulling it over my head. Pierce pressed his lips back to mine as his hands groped my breast and I tugged at his hair. His warm chest pressed against mine, butterflies began erupting in my stomach.

His lips continued to move with mine, the kisses once soft and gentle became hungry and passionate. I could feel the knots in my stomach from the nervousness of knowing where this would begin leading to. I broke again once more and tugged at the belt Pierce had around his waist.

Pierce stood on the ground as he unbuckled his belt and took off his dress pants. He returned back to me as he left kisses down my body, making my body squirm under his touch. Pierce allowed his fingers to trace circles along my skin before pinning my arms above my head as he moved down my stomach, leaving kiss by kiss.

He soon got in between my legs before spreading them apart and going down on me. I moaned as his tongue moved in circles while his thumb rubbed my clit. My eyes rolled to the back of my head as I stared up to the ceiling, the pleasure overtaking my body.

I grabbed at Pierce's hand, pulling up to me as his body hovered over mine. His grey eyes bored down into mine, his pupils growing in size "Do you want to?"

I did want to but I was nervous, all the times I was with Cayde played over in my head as the vulnerability ate away at me. After the destruction of what Cayde caused I was never able to be comfortable with my body or to be with anyone else, as he took advantage of the vulnerability I once gave him.

Looking up into Pierce's crystal grey eyes I found a sense of security, I was comfortable with him. We hadn't even known each other that long but I was already more comfortable with him than I was with Cayde who I had known for years.

"I do." I nodded in response to Pierce, letting go of the vulnerability I was afraid of. I knew I had to push past it to ever let go of the pain Cayde caused me and this was going to let me. I felt so close to Pierce, whenever I was with him it just felt so right. It was like when you finally put in the missing puzzle piece in and it creates the whole picture.

Pierce reached over for his wallet that had been in his pants pocket before pulling out a condom that was wrapped in a black covering. He ripped off the plastic it was covered in before putting it on and inching closer to me.

"If you want me to stop at any time, just tell me too. Ok?" Pierce tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as he looked at me with reassurance. Pierce had sexual trauma but he used sex to numb it out, while the sexual trauma I had scared me from any intimacy of any kind; us both handling it so different was bound to create problems.

I nodded slightly before he pressed his lips back to mine. I laid flat on the bed as Pierce's hand placed against my hip, pulling me up a slight bit making me arch my back. He pushed himself into me slowly before being all the way inside me.

"You're so tight." He muttered as he continued to thrust into me. I gripped onto his back, my nails digging into his skin while my eyes rolled back in pleasure. I could feel the pressure build-up and with every movement, it was released as Pierce went deeper in.

"Pierce." I moaned aloud as he placed his lips to my neck, sucking on my skin lightly. He moved his head away from my neck before looking down at me, his eyes bored into mine as I watched his roll back out of pleasure.

"Fuck," He moaned quietly as he went faster and I could feel the knots in my stomach disappear and the electricity shoot through my body at his vary touch. My stomach began to flip as he leaned closer to me, his lips hovering over mine.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered and I could feel my cheeks flush red. I allowed for my eyelids to close before pressing my lips against his, wrapping my arms around him as my body pressed against his.

* * * * *

A://N Happy Wednesday! Here is the longest chapter so far at 7300 words!! Aka like 15 pages (Yes my hands are so cramped from typing)

Sorry I haven't been updating twice a week. I get about 50+ assignments a week from all my classes I am taking so I haven't had the time to write.

(PSA don't go to college in a secondary education major if you don't want work)

What did you guys think of this chapter?

Did the party goes as you expected?

What do you think Xander is going to do now that Archer is gone temporarily and they are under attack?

Who do YOU think started shooting at the Hotel?

How do you think Cayde found Aspen? What do you think he is going to do her or why he is here?

Pierce and Aspen started off the new year a little "different", what did you think?

Do you think they're going to get in trouble with the police? Especially Pierce?

Favorite moment?

Fav Pierce moment? Fav Aspen moment?

What would you like to see happen in the future? (Can literally be anything)

~ Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 393 16
He grunted as he grabbed my arm again and made me face him, but he didn't say anything. My anger was mounting and this was as private as it was going...
1M 27.3K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
848K 23.8K 45
[STANDALONE] Warnings: *Story moves kind of fast but oh well *Includes sexual content aka SMUT ~ "Mhm." I hummed out. He moves the fabric of my thong...
95.1K 2.8K 27
ORIGINAL WORK UPDATED VERSION ON PROFILE **WARNING** **extremely sexual content so if you don't like that stuff just don't read this book because th...