Ride Or Die | Book #1 ✓

By AshleyT7

"Get away from me Gunner." I started to walk away, dismissing Pierce and anything that came out of his smug l... More

Summary, Description, Cast
Cast 2: The Gunner's
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Prom
Bonus Chapter - Graduation
REBELLIOUS RIDE - BOOK #2 POSTED

Chapter 25

7.7K 220 649
By AshleyT7

School dreaded as usual and the anxiety of what was to come at the meeting didn't help. I had no idea what Pierce was going to say or do, and I didn't necessarily want to know. He had ditched lunch and Mercury was just as oblivious. I made my way out of the school and headed towards Pierce's car, knowing this car ride was going to be a nightmare.

Everyone was standing outside their cars, waiting for us to all arrive in the parking lot before all heading over to the warehouse for the meeting. Juniper grabbed my arm, pulling me away from everybody. She gave me a confused look, making my cock an eyebrow at her in response. "What is going on...I mean with Pierce? I know you know what's up Aspen so tell me." June said blatantly and I was taken back for a moment. 

What was I supposed to say? Was it even my place to say 'Hey your brother got his ex-girlfriend pregnant, but no worries she's just lying in order to manipulate him into staying with her'. I glanced over to where Pierce leaned up against his car, his eyes were fixated ahead. I looked back at Juniper who seemed desperate to know what was wrong. Juniper cared for Pierce, a lot more than anyone ever had. They were twins and I knew Juniper always felt compelled to try and keep Pierce in line, she would always defend him no matter what happened. 

"Ok.." I sighed, knowing Juniper would find out at some point "Basically Pierce told me Mercury was pregnant...that's why they're together. But I went to the bathroom today and Mercury was on the phone with Greyson, she didn't know I was in there. Mercury told Greyson she wasn't actually pregnant but faking it in order to make Pierce stay with her.."

"That fucking bitch." Juniper's jaw gaped open. Her face was taking over with rage, and for June that was rare. I placed my hand over her mouth quickly, looking around to make sure no one else had heard. "Shhh, no one can know." I slowly took my hand away from her mouth "Pierce is going to take it up with Xander."

"Who even does that-" Juniper started "I mean for what reason?" 

"Aspen! Let's go!" Pierce called after me, making me whirl around to see him getting in the driver's side and Mercury approaching the car. "I'll see you at the meeting. Don't tell anyone." I bid my goodbyes to Juniper before heading towards the car. Mercury reached for the door handle, wrapping her fingers around it before pulling it towards her. I slammed my hip into the side of it, sending her a glare. 

"Shotgun," I smirked, earning a glare from her in return. "Pierce!" Mercury shouted, wanting him to fight this battle for her. "Just get in the fucking car!" Pierce shouted back, frustration in his voice. I could tell it was taking everything in him to just play along with Mercury's little games. I opened the front door, pushing up the passenger seat, and put a hand out to lead the way for Mercury. 

Her glare didn't drop from me as she climbed into the back seat and I took my seat in the passenger seat. I buckled up and looked over to Pierce who shared the same smirk as me. Pierce slammed on the gas, reversing out of the spot and driving out of the parking lot. I glanced back to the backseat where Mercury stared down at her phone screen where she texted rapidly. 

"Babe," Mercury spoke up, not getting a response from Pierce as silence filled the car. "Babe!" She yelled again, wanting Pierce's attention. "What?" Pierce muttered under his breath, glancing back at her in the rearview mirror. 

"I have a doctor's appointment at the end of the week, will you come with me?" She lied straight through her teeth, making me chuckle in response. "What's so funny Ambrosia?" She snapped at me and I waved her off as nothing. 

We soon arrived at the warehouse, all three of us exiting the car and entering through the front door. After climbing a few steps, we reached the main gathering area where the rest of the gang had taken their regular seats. The warehouse was colder than normal, sending a shiver through my body. Pierce took his seat next to Cypress and Mars while Mercury sat down next to Greyson. 

I didn't understand Mercury and Greyson's friendship, I assumed they would hate each other. Greyson slept with Pierce while knowing he was dating Mercury, even became pregnant with Pierce's baby before miscarrying. Juniper explained to me the only reason they were friends was that they both didn't get along with anyone else. Which made sense in the end, bitch #1 and bitch #2, best friends forever. 

I sat between Juniper and Triston, waiting for Xander to start the meeting. I anxiously picked at my nails, not wanting to see what was about to go down. It was Pierce Gunner we were talking about, he didn't exactly have management for his anger. Xander took his stance, clapping his hands together to begin "Ok now that we're all here, we will start today's meeting."

"First I would like to go over the latest chaos. As we all know, the Coinston's have been on us lately. We do not know exactly what for but all cases lead back to them wanting something with Aspen. Whether it correlates to Ashlynn or not, we all need to stay alert of them." Xander went on, making me let out a deep exhale. As if I didn't have enough to worry about, I had an entire rival gang after me for some unknown reason. 

Knox and his gang wanted something, I just didn't know what it was. At first I just thought it was some personal vendetta after blowing out his tires the night of the race but after the mall and the shooting at school, it was clear there was much more to the story. Ever since finding out about my mom's relations with the Crestmont gang, I found myself in even more trouble. Everybody expected something out of me that wasn't me. I wasn't my mom and I would never be, I was my own person. 

"I would like to also address the issue of relationships within the gangs again. As well all have noticed, Tucker has been nowhere to be found. He isn't at his apartment when we show up and will not answer any type of phone calls or text. This issue was sparked by jealousy within the gang, we have these rules for a reason. And when not followed, we lost members which we cannot afford right now." Xander continued "If anyone knows or has heard from Tucker, please let Archer or I know ASAP. When a member is out, we do not know what information they will share." 

I hadn't heard from Tucker since the day he left the warehouse. Although he did cross my mind a lot, I just didn't understand why the blow-up for no reason. He left over Pierce and me, but Pierce and I were nothing more than friends at the absolute most. Depending on the day, we weren't even friends. 

"Any other issues of romantic relations within the gang will experience penalties and punishments. Whether that's a suspension or whatever. If you know anybody within the gang who is still doing it behind our back, please come forward. You will not be outed and called a 'snitch', we can't have any more drama." Xander let out a deep breath. 

"Oh, I have an issue to report," Pierce spoke up, making all our heads turn towards him. I looked over to Mercury, her face being taken over with worry. I knew she was finally catching on that Pierce knew, and I couldn't wait to hear what kind of pathetic lie she would come up with. 

"Pierce unless this is a serious issue, please wait-" Archer started but was quickly stopped by Pierce. "No, I think you might want to hear this." He stood up from his seat and looked over to Mercury with a death glare "Mercury has been manipulating me into being with her by telling me she is pregnant."

Everyone was silent and in shock. I looked around at everyone, their facial expression all shared the same stunned. Xander stood up straight and clenched his jaw, not knowing what to say now. This meeting took a turn and no one knew what to say or do.  "Mercury's pregnant?" Sawyer broke the silence that was filled with tension. 

"No." Pierce gritted, breaking his eye contact away from Mercury. Mercury's face fell and she blinked rapidly, holding back the tears that pricked her eyes "Pierce-What are you t-talking about? You know I am-" 

"Fucking bullshit!" Pierce shouted at her, no longer holding back the anger that was building up in him "Aspen heard you on the phone with Greyson talking about how you weren't actually pregnant. What the fuck is wrong with you!" 

"Wait, what is going on?" Archer spoke up just as confused as everyone else seemed to be. Was anyone really surprised that Mercury would go to something this extreme of lengths? Everyone felt the need to walk on eggshells around her after her attempt on King's Bridge, no one knew if she would go to such an extreme again. I refused to do the same everyone else did, while I feel bad for what Mercury went through with Pierce; she had been no better. She was the queen of manipulation. 

"Pierce and Mercury have been together but after seeing how Mercury treated him, I couldn't believe that Pierce was willingly with her. I confronted him and he told me she was pregnant, and I couldn't believe that either- I was in total shock. I went to the bathroom in school and heard Mercury on the phone with Greyson. She was freaking out about convincing Pierce she was pregnant even though she wasn't. It was a scheme to make Pierce get back together with her." I explained, taking a stand from my seat and walking up to Xander and Archer "I took a video of her exact words while I was in the bathroom."

I pulled out my phone and allowed the video to play while everybody listened intently. I looked over to Mercury who looked like she was ready to kill me. I shook my head at her in disgrace as her words played through the speaker of my phone. Greyson looked just as guilty as she knew this was all coming to the surface that she was involved in Mercury's lie. The video ended and everyone shifted in their spots, giving a sense of uneasiness. 

"What the fuck sis!" Mars was just as disgusted with Mercury as everyone else seemed to be. There was only one person on her side and it was Greyson; who was just as toxic. Mercury wasn't fighting her tears anymore, as they streamed down the sides of her face. I could tell she was humiliated but after this, I didn't feel sorry for her at all. 

"Why would you do this?!" Mercury shot up from her seat, coming closer to me "I should have known it was you in the bathroom! Why can't you just leave Pierce and me alone, you have to get into everyone's business!" 

"You're seriously blaming me for this?" I asked in shock "Who lies about being pregnant? Do you understand how manipulative you are, there is something not right with you! Who knows how far you even would've gone with this lie."

"Mercury." Archer spoke up hesitantly "Would you care to share why you did this?"

She looked away from me and directly at Archer, the tears continued to flow down her face "Because I didn't want to lose Pierce to Aspen." 

"You didn't want to lose Pierce to Aspen? What do you mean?" Archer asked confused, trying to pry the answers out of her without losing his shit like everybody else was about to. Pierce and I looked over to each other, waiting for Mercury to answer. I didn't know what she meant or what she was going to say, I just prayed she didn't bring up the night of the party or at the club. 

"Oh don't even. You all know it." Mercury wiped away her tears with the back of her hand, turning to look over to Pierce "You know how you look at her, we all see it. It was just a matter of time before she got you, and I didn't." 

I couldn't believe Mercury made up this entire lie because she saw me as a threat to Pierce. I didn't see Pierce anything more than a friend and Pierce didn't see me anything more than one. We had our moments but all they were, were moments. Pierce and I would never be compatible enough to be in a relationship, most days we want to rip each other's heads off. The only reason we ever spent time together was that we had to, and we wouldn't get anywhere if we didn't work together. Pierce and I did make a good team, that wasn't a doubt in my mind but that didn't mean we were meant to be.

"But hey just forget about me.." Mercury continued, staring ahead at Pierce "The girl who has been there for you through everything! You're going to just throw me away and move on to Aspen. An ugly wannabe Me, but go ahead and fuck her Pierce. She will never be me!"

Pierce rolled his eyes at Mercury in response, standing up tall as she inched closer to him and placed her hands on his shoulders before giving him a shove. "I'd fuck Aspen over you any day." Pierce gritted in her face, making Mercury become silent as she stared up at him with her teary eyes. 

My face heated up and I looked to Juniper who had been next to me. Leaning closer to me, her lips were inches away from my ear "I told you that Pierce would pick you over her."

I shook my head at her, rolling my eyes in response. He was only saying that to get a rise out of Mercury, it's not like he actually meant it. I looked over to see what Xander or Archer were going to do next, was Mercury going to get kicked for this?

"That's enough!" Archer shouted over everyone, gaining everyone's silence and attention "With the seriousness of this problem, it will not be handled lightly. Mercury, you are suspended for two weeks and upon your arrival back, you will not be allowed to be alone with Pierce. Greyson you are suspended for a week for knowing Mercury's plan and not saying anything."

"What?!" Greyson shot up "Why do I get suspended?! This is such bullshit! Theo! Tyson! Do something!" Greyson looked at her two older brothers in hopes that they would say something, but they stayed silent. Xander and Archer both pointed towards the exit door for the both of them, making Mercury and Greyson both grab their things before heading out the door. 

"Fuck you." Mercury stopped in front of me, gritting the words through her teeth. If looks could kill, I'd be killed about ten times by now. My lips tugged up into a smirk and I waved at her as she backed up from me and left the warehouse. Two weeks without Mercury? I guess dreams really do come true. 

"Well since this meeting had taken a turn, Xander and I needed to talk about a few things. Talk amongst yourselves till we come back." Archer announced, following Xander to a different room and shutting the door behind them. 

Soon enough, everybody began talking about what had just happened. Pierce slouched down on the couch and rubbed his face in his hands. Triston bombarded me with questions but I told her I'd be right back before walking over to Pierce. I took a seat next to him, making Cypress and Mars walk over to the other side of the road. 

"Hey." I forced him a small smile. I knew Pierce wasn't as thrilled about this as I was, Mercury was still his first love and I knew with all her manipulation tactics, he wasn't going to just get over her. Pierce sighed, turning his head to mine and his grey eyes met mine. 

"I know it sucks, but I'm glad that you did this. You know it'll be better for you in the long run." I tried to say whatever to make Pierce feel a little better, but I knew that task was going to be almost impossible.

"Yeah just hope Mercury doesn't pull some shit." Pierce sighed, and I knew he was referring to her threatening suicide. I hoped that she wouldn't and especially since the last time she did, she was only around 16 so I would hope she grew up a little bit since then. 

"I doubt she will." I admitted "But don't even think about that, it's only going to make you a mess. I'm sure Xander and Archer will get this all settled, plus Mars can still keep an eye out for her."

There was a moment of silence between us, but not something I wanted to break. I knew Pierce was going through a lot of emotions right now, and for someone who always put on an emotionless front-it was going to be a lot to handle. 

"Thank you...Aspen." Pierce gave me a small smile "For everything, I would still be stuck with her if it weren't for you. You're the only one to stick up to Mercury and someone needed to do it. I wouldn't have been able to do that without you."

Pierce's grey eyes glistened against the light that shined down on us throughout the warehouse. The feeling of coldness that his eyes use to give me was now gone. Pierce's eyes boring into mine only made a sense of warmth come over me. 

"You don't' have to thank me, I'm just glad you know the truth now." I shrugged my shoulders, my lips tugging up to a smile "And your pupils dilated."

"So?" Pierce furrowed his brows at me. "It means you're attracted to someone." I chuckled "When your pupils dilate when looking at someone, they did a ton of studies on it."

"What? No, you're fucking hideous. I'm calling bullshit on my eyes." Pierce rolled his eyes at me.

"You're calling bullshit on your eyes?"

"Yes, I'm calling bullshit on my eyes." Pierce let out a small chuckle "Who I am kidding, you know you're gorgeous." 

My face heated up bright red and my stomach had felt like a million butterflies erupted. I stared at Pierce, not knowing what to say. Pierce called me gorgeous? Those were words I never even thought would come out of his mouth, this being the same guy that called me F-L-A-T.  I began to open my mouth in order to speak but froze when Xander and Archer had come back out to the main room. They both looked uneasy, there was something wrong but I'm sure it didn't feel great to suspend two members at once. 

"Ok let's get back to the meeting." Xander took a stand in front of everybody, making everyone become silent again. Pierce leaned over, inching his body closer to me in order to whisper while Xander talked.

"So my family is having this dinner thing tonight it's going to suck ass but I was wondering if you would go with me?" Pierce whispered into my ear and I could feel his peppermint breath falter onto my skin. I looked over to him, not knowing if I should say yes or no. 

"But your dad-" I started, the reason I was so hesitant was because of Mr. Gunner alone. The past two times I've seen him, he has made comments to me that would make anyone's skin crawl. I didn't want to force Pierce to go through the dinner alone, knowing he was probably going to be a mess at it.

"My dad won't lay a hand on you. I'll beat the shit out of him if he even looks at you wrong." 

"Ok.." I trailed off "I'll go."

"I'll pick you up at 5." Pierce sent me a wink before turning his attention back to Xander. I hope I wasn't making the wrong decision by going and hoped I wouldn't regret it. On the other hand, it may be nice to have dinner with all the Gunner's, understand their dynamic more because for some reason I felt like I was going to have to learn it at some point.

* * * * * * 

A://N Early Update!

What did you guys think of this chapter?? It's a bit short but I wanted to get it out!

Dedicated to whyhaveigotthisapp

How did you expect Mercury's fake pregnancy announcement to go over? Are you glad she and Greyson were suspended? Do you think they deserve more?

Do you feel bad for Mercury knowing everything she's been through with Pierce or no?

Why do you think Mercury saw Aspen as a threat?

Do you think Pierce is going to struggle now that all of this is out? 

Do you think Pierce and Aspen's relationship will start to improve while Mercury is temporarily out of the picture? Or do you think it'll do the opposite? Why?

What do you think is going to happen at the Gunner family dinner? Think Aspen is going to regret going?

What do you want to see from Aspen and Pierce in the future? (I do typically put what you guys say into the book at some point)

That's it for now! I Will try to get a chapter out Thursday but it is New Year's eve so I don't know if I will be. But Happy New Year to you all, may 2021 be better for everyone! 

~ Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 453 16
He grunted as he grabbed my arm again and made me face him, but he didn't say anything. My anger was mounting and this was as private as it was going...
15.3M 551K 65
"Hey there beautiful, wanna go out sometime?" He asked with a slight smirk. "With you?" I asked in a sweet voice. "Sure thing baby girl" He replied. ...
96.5K 2.8K 27
ORIGINAL WORK UPDATED VERSION ON PROFILE **WARNING** **extremely sexual content so if you don't like that stuff just don't read this book because th...
509K 13.6K 36
✔COMPLETED ✔ Description: So, what do you do at 14 when you've been kicked out of the only home you've ever known? What do you do when you call you...