chapter ten.

I ran with Madi, leading her to where Clarke was being kept

I ran with Madi, leading her to where Clarke was being kept. Bellamy had found us and tagged along for the ride. I could tell she was terrified, but she was trying to keep it contained.

"Clarke?" Madi brushed out when she saw her. I noticed that Clarke was chained, but that's better than beheaded.

"Madi," Clarke said, sounding relieved. A smile ghosted my lips, but I watched them closely, still in awe of their story. I noticed Bellamy beside me doing the same.

"She was ready to bring this place down," I retorted, smirking a bit.

"Thank you for letting me say goodbye," Clarke said breathlessly. I sad once again, as her execution crossed my mind.

"Clarke, this isn't goodbye," Bellamy told her.

"Octavia's sick, they say she may not wake up," I informed her. She turned to me, slightly confused.

"Not That I'm not grateful or anything, but why are you helping us? You've been on Octavia's side for the past six years," She asked me. I got annoyed at why everyone kept asking me that like they expect me to be cruel.

"It's plain and simple, I don't want to live like this anymore, the killing, the fighting pit, and the people here are not good people, there's bullies, killers, and well I've never really had any friends or met any good people besides y'all. I would like to get to know y'all before we die and there is someone I would like to not see get killed to if you don't mind, let me help." I replied glancing at Madi back and forth. "Except Indra, Gaia, and Jackson, there my friends, family, my role models." I smiled back at her, and Indra shot me a wink.

"We can't risk the child being seen here, she'll be safe now, and so will you," Indra said, leading both me and Madi out the door.

As we walked, I felt Madi nudge my arm. I turned to her, as she stared at me, a huge smile on her face.

"What?" I asked. She sighed and kept her smile,.

"I just... I can't believe your helping us, I mean are you really helping us?" She whispered. I smiled a bit, looking back at Indra, who was a bit farther behind us.

"I guess, why? Didn't expect me to want to help stop the war?" I replied,  She looked a bit hesitant to ask her next question, which of course, only made me want to hear it more.

"No, I mean I just thought because you always listen to Octavia you wouldn't, but I guess it's not that shocking, I mean your a total softy, when-," "Hey!Im not soft and I don't always listen to Octavia, I'm my own person and I'm great!" I hissed, cutting her off. She pursed her lips, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Hmm," She hummed "Is that why you said you were gonna to easy on me, but didn't cause Octavia, but I still I bested you in class the other day?" She smirked. My eyes went wide as I looked around, too see if anyone was listening.