chapter nineteen.

ELLIE'S POV

ELLIE'S POV

"We can't wait much longer, McCreary has Shaw and Raven. One of them will break and fly that ship," I heard Echo tell them.

"You said Clarke was handling that," Octavia pointed out.

"Hey, guys, what are y'all talking about? Ready to go kick some ass?" I popped up.

"She is, but I'd rather not let missiles tell us she's failed," Echo replied, ignoring me.

"What's left of the First Battalion is ready," Miller said.

"The commander's army is too," Brell added on, feeling the need to sound important.

"We're all the commander's army now," Indra said, emerging from the tent.

"Could y'all shut up with this commander shit? Her name is Madi not 'the commander' you should start using it. If not, don't talk at all," I said, most of them glared at me, but I just rolled my eyes and flipped them off before walking off to see Madi.

~~~

"She's lost a lot of blood, but she's strong. If we can get her to Abby, she should be able to keep the leg," Jackson informed Indra. I went over to sit next to Madi. She didn't look over at me, just at Gaia.

"It's going to be okay," I reassured. She kept her stare on Gaia, "Hey, look at me," She turned to me, with her eyebrows lowered and pulled closer together. "She will be fine, we're going to be fine. This isn't your fault, I know how you feel," I sighed and looked into her eyes, her beautiful ocean eyes. "You feel like you failed our people, I sure do. But you can save it, Madi. Not Octavia, Clarke, or Bellamy, not even me. But you can," I admitted. She remained silent, her eyes shimmering. I liked her eyes if that wasn't clear enough.

"It's time Madi," Bellamy said, walking over to us. "Everyone will follow you, but you have to lead them," He told her, bending down to her level. I stood up, walking out of the tent. I guess I just needed a bit of fresh air.

I walked around trying to keep my mind off everything that was going on. I couldn't help but think about Madi, I mean she was terrified, I knew it. I was even scared, but I knew that she was going to be right by my side, So I was ready to fight. I believed everything would be okay, one more war and after we could live a long happy life. Where Madi knew how I felt about her, and she felt the same way. Maybe we would have a dog and go to school together as normal teenagers do. We wouldn't have to fight anymore or even hold a weapon close by, Perhaps go on a date, like a picnic, where we would have fruits, flowers, and maybe we'd share a kiss. I wanna spend the rest of my sunsets with her, spend moments with her so I could wish to stop time. I want to hold her hand, laugh at her jokes, walk by her side, snuggle on the couch, look into her eyes talk about whatever and kiss her lips every single day.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard someone call me.

"Hey, little red! What are you doing out here?" I turned my head to see Murphy. He walked over to me and tried to hand me a gun.

"don't need it," I showed my sword. He nodded and loaded his gun. "What do you think about this?" He furrowed his eyebrows "The whole going to war thing,"

He sat down next to me and chuckled, "I think it's a little stupid, but we gotta do what we gotta do. What do you think about it?"

I shrugged looking down, "I honestly have no idea, I mean what if we win this thing and get to live a long happy life? Or what if we don't and we all die? I'm scared,"

"And why's that?" He asked, starting to frown.

"Because what if I can't see Madi again? And Octavia, Bellamy, Monty, Emori, and you? We don't know what happens if we die, what if I go to hell? Or I just die and everything is over and nothing happens? Boom just like that, I'm dead," I clapped my hands right in his face.

He slapped my hands away, "You're not going to die, and you're not going to hell. Trust me, after this is all over you're going to see everyone you love again, with peace." He reassured me.

I nodded and smiled slightly "Hopefully," I stood up, "Now, let's go kick some ass." I turned towards Murphy. "Shall we?" I held out my hand.

"We shall," He grabbed my hand and stood up.

"What's so special about this Madi girl anyway? You're always talking about her, if you ask me she seems a little str-" He questioned with a short laugh before I cut him off by putting my foot out in front of his right foot causing him to trip and fall. He groaned and stood back up, I grinned and laughed a bit. "What the hell was that for?"

"Don't talk about Madi if you don't have anything nice to say,"  I said with a taut, obviously joking. He shook his head and reached out his hand and ruffled my hair. I nudged him with my elbow on his side grinning.

"Now let's go get your girl,"

A/n OMG I suck at updating 🤡 I went back too school and shit sucks. It doesn't sucks just forget I have to update 😁🤚🏻 so sorry but I should finish this season by the end of the week. I REALLY wanna make a cobra Kai book so I wanna finish this so bad so I can start to plan for next season and possibly make a new book. 🦾🧍‍♂️

Any suggestions for the next chapter or any convention starters/interactions you want Ellie to have with the characters?? Lmk and I'll make it happen!

Felt.