ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

"I miss them already"

3rd POV

Murphy was sitting there bored out of his mind, waiting for Emori to be done talking to Raven. He had nothing else to do but wait for everyone to get woken up by Clarke and Bellamy, well everyone who needed to be there. Clarke did not want to wake Madi and Bellamy didn't want to wake Ellie, but John Murphy was bored and wanted someone to hang out with. The first person he thought of was Ellie.

Murphy was waiting for Clarke to leave the rooms to where Madi's pod was, so Ellies would be there too. He was searching for her pod for a couple of minutes until someone stopped him.

"What are you doing, John?" Murphy turned around to see Emori, hands crossed with an irritated look. She couldn't find him where she last saw him, and automatically knew exactly where he was going.

"Oh come on, I'm bored. If you just let me wake her I'll be out of your way, and I won't bother you for 24 hours." He tried to convince her. He grabbed her hand and pouted, Emori rolled her eyes and shook his and off her, "I was even going to stop you, do what you want. Just don't wake Madi, or let Ellie wake her either." She told him, before walking off.

He thanked her quietly then rushed to Ellie's pod, trying to open it. As soon as he figured it out, Murphy pushed the open button, waking up Ellie from her sleep. She wakes as if it's an emergency as if sleeping had become a dangerous thing. Her heart beats fast and there is a buzzing in her brain and together they are in panic with jump-leads. Ellie woke like she hooked up the mains. No sleepiness, no slow warming up. Within seconds of realizing she was conscious, eyes wide, lights flooding in, dreams not just forgotten but erased. Ellie slowly started to remember, They went to sleep for ten years. Madi. The kiss she shared with Madi. Monty. Home.

"Time to get up, little red." Ellie smiled and shot up her eyes landing on Murphy grinning.

"Murphy," She pulled him into a hug, as he tensed a bit due to his arm, but then just hugged her back. "How long have we been asleep? It feels like decades." Murphy chuckled, pulling out of the hug.

"Maybe because It's been 125 years," Ellie's eyes widened. Murphy helped Ellie to the ground, steading her. It didn't seem that long, it was like she shut her eyes then reopened the next morning, it confused her.

"I thought we were only going asleep for 10 years, not 125." She whispered shouted. Ellie turned her eyes, landing on Madi in the pod next to her. Ellie smiled. She looks gorgeous as always.

"Yeah, me too," Murphy whispered back. "Why are we whispering?" He asked, still in a whisper.

"I don't wanna wake her," She answered utterly dumbfounded. Murphy opened his mouth but didn't speak, he noticed Ellie gazing over at Madi, and rolled his eyes. "But can we please-,"
He cut her off, "-You can't wake her up if that's what you're thinking." Ellie glared at Murphy for a second before thinking about the reasons why she shouldn't. Something clicked in her brain, what if the kiss was a dream? What if Madi had changed her mind, and wasn't into her anymore? What if she wasn't good enough. Ellie wanted to hear her voice again, but she could wait a little while longer.