ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"Okay, what is your problem!"

3rd POV

"I really wanna wow her, you know? Maybe a new look, or a new personality?" Ellie came up with a few ideas to impress Madi, as the group explored the planet they landed on.

"You don't need to change your appearance for anyone, okay?" Murphy scoffed. He didn't get why she wanted to change herself for a girl. But he could get the impressing part. "If Madi loved you she'll love you for you, plus your personality is your best trait."

"Yeah I guess, but what if she realizes she made a mistake by kissing me? Or even say the L-word." Ellie started to stress more and more. She began to think negatively about the relationship she didn't even know much about.

"Look." Ellie stopped and turn towards Murphy, who squatted doe to her level. "I thought the same thing when I started to feel something for Emori, I still do." He confessed.

Ellie's mouth parted, tilting her head. "But how? Your-", "-Cool, handsome and utterly amazing," Murphy cut her off, she slowly nodded her head still confused. "Yeah, but I don't get it. She came back to you like a thousand times, why would you still think that?"

Murphy sighed "Cause when you love someone so much and they feel the same way, you don't believe it because of all the shitty things people told you when you were younger. For instance, Octavia. Or you," he pointed a finger at Ellie making look up and down. "Your head is telling you that you aren't worth it. That you aren't good enough, isn't it?" She nodded sort of getting the point. "Well guess what. It's bullshit, cause you're worth something maybe not in your eyes but in Madi's you sure are. Trust me, I wouldn't be talking to you if I didn't like you."

Ellie stood there staring blankly at Murphy, not because he was right. But because of how much it made her think about how much Murphy was a best friend to her, father figure even. Ellie could barely remember her dad but she missed him. A lot.

By now Ellie's eyes were glossy on the verge of tears. In all honesty, she believed she was overreacting, and it wasn't the time but she couldn't hold it in.

She pulled him into a gentle hug, holding in her tears. Murphy was pretty used to it but was a little puzzled on why Ellie had hugged him but hugged back anyway.

"Sorry. I just really needed that and your gonna make me want to cry. And now I really wanna punch you in the face for that." Ellie pulled out of the hug, sniffling and fanning her eyes.

"It's fine, but I mean it. You need to stop bringing yourself down, stop thinking so badly about yourself, okay?" Murphy stood up, ruffling Ellie's hair.

She slapped his hand away, "Fine, I won't." Ellie huffed and began to walk faster. Then suddenly she came to a stop, Murphy along with her. She turned to him with a sweet smile, "As long as you promise to help me find the most amazing gift for Madi on the way."