chapter twelve.

Clarke and Madi had managed to get away, but Indra, Gaia, Bellamy, and I didn't

Clarke and Madi had managed to get away, but Indra, Gaia, Bellamy, and I didn't. I knew they would have to fight in the pit, but I had no idea what Octavia had planned for me. I guess that's what I was waiting to find out.

   She paced around the room silently mumbling to herself. I started to pop my knuckles. As if on cue, she snapped her head around to me, her eyes full of betrayal.

  "Why did you do it?" She asked me, finally. I looked up slowly. "Why did you go against me, when for the past six years, I've been training you, I've been providing for you. You just throw that away, why?"  

"Why do you think I did it? I am so tired of you constantly ordering me around like I'm a pet. Of the fighting and the killing, I'm so sick of it. I love you but it doesn't seem like you even care about me anymore!" I told her, a bit hesitant at first. She seemed to be thinking about something, unsure where to go with this situation.

  "I've built up your reputation for six years, all for it to be destroyed with one action. No, your lying, I don't believe it. You were never there, you had no idea, you were with me," she commanded. I looked up, slightly awestruck. " I do love you El, I do. I just don't show it much anymore and I'm sorry. But this is a second chance, and I don't give those, but you're my family, and even though you lied and betrayed me, you're still the only one I can trust. But keep in mind that if anything like this happens again, you will be put to a trial by combat, understood?" She clarified. I nodded, a smile twitching at my lips. At least now I could still fight.

~~~

"All the rations have been packed, but 50% of our people still won't march. Fear of sandstorms put a dent in the mobile. We're letting it be known that we're taking the long route to avoid them but-," Miller started.    

"Don't be a coward Miller, it's not the sandstorms, tell her the truth," Brell butted in. I knew where this was going. I sat on my throne next to Octavia's, as my fingers anxiously tapped the armrest of the chair.   

"It's Madi," Miller said. Of course, it was. "The fact that there's a supposed commander out there, it complicates things," he concluded. 

"Complicated? You just told me that half of our people are refusing to march. I'd call that more than complicated," Octavia said. 

"Maybe if you hadn't tried to kill her the believers wouldn't-," "We don't need them. Even at half strength, we still outnumber Diyoza's army," Miller interrupted Brell this time.

  "Still it wouldn't be enough, not without the worms," I pointed out. 

"Maybe, maybe not, but we've still got the element of surprise. I say we go win this war, and once we do, the rest of Wonkru, they'll follow," Miller said. Brell huffed, rolling her eyes at Miller.

   "If you disagree then say so because otherwise, you're no good to me," Octavia said, standing up, and making her way over to Brell. I shifted in my side, Turing sideways, so my legs hung off and I propped my head upon my hands.

   "Either you're Wonkru, or you're the enemy of Wonkru, my advice, you can either unite us behind the real commander or remind those who refuse to march what happens to our enemies,"  Brell said, almost fumbling for words. I decided to stand up, feeling a bit left out, only to realize, Hey, no room for me. I guess the "adults were talking" or whatever.

  "Your real commander's a child who showed up yesterday. Blodreina's kept us strong through six years of hell. Now you're advising her to stand down or kill half our people?" Miller spoke up, challenging her.  

"Who cares if she's a child?" I spoke up getting defensive.

"El," Octavia gave me a look. I glared and shut up.

"That's not what I'm advising,"  Brell reported going back to the conversation, pulling back on her previous statement.  "In case you haven't noticed, Madi's gone. That ship has sailed. Clarke's not gonna bring her back," Miller said. I was standing by Octavia at this point, who had walked away.

  "She means the fighting pits," I told them, my mind finally clicking. Oh hell no

  "Yes," she agreed with me.

  "Brell that's her brother we're talking about," Miller said. 

"And Indra, and Gaia, I'm aware," She spat back.

   "I'm confused, you want us to kill the people who conspired to bring back your precious commander?" Octavia asked, trying back around.

   "No, I want you both to bend a knee to her, but I know neither of you will. Ellie probably but you'll stop her I know it. You want your army to march? Show them what happens if they don't," Brell admitted. As much as I hated to admit it, she was right. They were going to have to fight to earn their way back, and they needed to fight to convince others to fight. I knew it was a high cost, but this was what was best for Wonkru, and if they would have to die, then I knew that would be a price worth paying.

A/n The chapter numbers are small asf but it's already almost done- DAMN IT!!!! Well not almost but soon 🙄🙄🐉 I'm lowkey mad I made Ellie stay with Octavia 🙄

Uhm I ship murven and memori... I can't choose. BUT THEY ARE CUTE, I mean like *BI PANIC for literally both of them... 😜😜😌