chapter thirteen.

I sat next to Octavia, about to watch the fight occur

I sat next to Octavia, about to watch the fight occur. As nervous as I was, I knew that if I decided to speak up or say anything, it could ruin Octavia's reputation and my own, and we cannot account for something like that to happen. Not while Madi and Clarke are off, and Madi has the flame. I just hope they're safe, and don't do anything seriously stupid to get us killed.

I watched as the gate buzzed, and swung open, revealing the three people who had been there with me. I held my breath, wanting to stop all of this, so none of them had to die. Bellamy and I made eye contact, but he looked away, probably seeing the fear in my eyes. Octavia stood, and I rose beside her.

"We gather here today to remind ourselves what happens to the enemies of Wonkru," Octavia began. She looked at me, signaling that I should be the one to continue. I sucked in a breath, sticking my head, as I looked straight.

"It doesn't matter who you are, if you choose sides against us if you divide us if you defy us, then you are not us," I spoke loudly and clearly. Everyone was stunned silent, but I continued. "Before we give these traitors a second chance to be called brother, sister, or Seda. We pay tribute to those who have died so we may live. Omon Gono Son," I spoke bowing my head as I said the last part. I raised after they repeated me. "Be the last," I said, signaling for the fight to begin. I glanced over to Octavia, who nodded at me, signaling that I had done well. I let out the breath I had been holding, as I saw them begin to swing at one another.

Indra was slashing at Bellamy, and it was quite clear she was aiming to kill him. However Bellamy did the same, and I noticed Gaia lying on the ground. I turned my head away, trying not to watch.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a spear had landed right above my head, as I slowly glanced up. Everything froze, and everyone went silent. I slowly sat up, and pulled the spear from the wall, noticing that Octavia was practically fuming. I didn't care that Gaia threw the spear, I knew she was just trying to make Octavia mad. Octavia readied the spear, acting like she was going to throw it.

"She said, be the last," she spoke angrily as she dropped the sword back into the arena. I watched the three scramble for weapons.

"Stop! Stop!" Monty's voice rang through as he and Harper stumbled through the door. "Monty, get out of here," Bellamy said quickly.

"Monty," I called out. His head turned towards me with a small smile. He gave me a small nod letting me know he was okay.

"Guards get him out of here," Octavia commanded.

"Octavia told you we have to march, that we have to fight for the one place left that we can survive, but she knows that's not true," He accused her. I looked over at her, a wary glance, this not being the first time she's lied to me.

"Monty you do not belong here," Octavia said.

He revealed a small plant with a tiny flower on it. It piqued my curiosity a bit.

"The hydro-farm is working again. Soon it will be processed enough to feed us all here. And using the same techniques, we can grow crops in the wasteland. Ask Octavia, she's seen it with her own eyes," Monty spoke, revealing the truth to everyone. Everyone broke out into chatter about what had been going on, as I was cruising too. "Go to war if you want to, but at least tell them they have a choice," I smiled, Monty could save us all.

"Is this true?" Brell asked, leaning over to Octavia. She stayed stone silent, not saying a word about anything.

"Blodreina no more!" A man shouted from the audience. People started to cheer with him, with threats on both Octavia and my life on the line. I watched as they tore apart the caging, and ran forth to attack us.

"Blodreina, what are your orders?" Miller asked her, taking out his gun. She and I both watched as they tore apart the arena begging for blood.

"Stand down," she said, lowering his weapon. She motioned for me to follow her, and I did so willingly.

~~~

We had made our way to the Hydro-Farms, as I was still a bit unclear about what we were doing at this point. She walked around them carefully, watching everything with precision.

"You come to learn that sometimes, you need to fight to prove a point, El," she spoke suddenly. "And, sometimes you need to fight to unite, and as you know, we do what is necessary for Wonkru. That was one of the first things I told you when you watched your first fight in the pit. You remember that day, don't you?" She asked me. I nodded.

"I was scared at first. But you made me feel like I was something important, made me feel safe," I told her. She nodded, not making eye contact.

"Everything we do, have done, and will do, it's for their benefit, not ours," she told me. I caught onto what she was doing, as the puzzle pieces fell into place. We needed to take away their options, we needed them to fight. I watched as she struck a match, and placed it carefully onto the leaves of one of the plants, and then the ones next to it. I saw the gasoline leaking off the table, and she places the match on the floor, moving me or of the farm as the alarms blared. She held her hand on my shoulder as we watched the sight in front of us burn. Some part of this made sense to me, and it would terrify me. She destroyed all of Monty's hard work, he's going to be devastated.

"You see El, now they need to join us, now they will be united," she spoke monotone. I thought she was out of her mind, we could've stopped the war, Monty's algae could have. I needed to get Madi back as soon as possible, I missed her already, what if she was already dead, I would do anything to get her back, alive.

However, contrary to the way Octavia saw it, the only thing I saw among the flames was her face. Her eyes, telling me I didn't have to do this. But I didn't care, if this led us to march into the valley, to get back to her, I would burn a thousand different farms just to see Madi's face once again

A/n I'm tired asf right now...😜😜🙄

I'm not even going to lie, this scene was crazy hot

I'm not even going to lie, this scene was crazy hot. 😃