ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

"
You look rather beautiful."

3rd POV

3rd POV

236 years earlier
Eligius III Outpost - Mission Team Alpha -- Day 21

A red sun is thought- by some- to be a bad omen- a sign of death. This doesn't have to mean the death of a person- but the death of something within you or something in your life. A passion, a relationship, a period in your history that will cause you emotional pain as you let it go.

Penelope Lightbourne laid her head on her girl's shoulder as they both sat and gazed at the red sun they knew nothing about. The pair sat in comfortable silence, hearing the sounds of nature around them; the crickets were Leyla's favorite thing to listen to. Penelope didn't care for it but did it for her girlfriend.

They've been dating since they were 14, now being 16 they knew everything about each other and vowed to love each other since the day they died. Yes, they knew love doesn't mean you will always agree, see eye to eye, or never have an argument. It means despite the bad days you still can't see yourself without that person. Penelope's person was Leyla. And it always will be.

Sitting up straight, Penelope gazed at the girl next to her and admired Leyla's beauty. She felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

"It's so pretty." Leyla broke the silence, marveled by the red sun that gave her great joy. A heartwarming smile plastered on her small lips as Penelope continued to gaze at her.

"Yeah, it is." She spoke softly with a faint smile. Leyla turned to Penelope to look at her but Penelope already was. They didn't say anything; just studied each other's features, The pair looking into each other's eyes momentarily before they flickered to each other's mouth having the urged to press them against each other.

Penelope leaned in her lips brushed Leyla's, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, just long enough that she could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin, and the taste of her strawberry chapstick lingered far after she had gone. Leyla didn't wanna pull away, neither did Penelope. It just felt good. ... Along with the oxytocin and dopamine that made Penelope feel affection and euphoria as the red glowing sun shines on them making their complexion glow.

Departing, Penelope smirked, "I love you." "And I love you," Leyla repeated with a twinkle in her eye. She wishes she could sit and stay there with Penelope forever.

Penelope looked down at her watch checking the time, hearing a beep sound taking her focus off her girlfriend.

The girl groaned, seeing the time. "Ugh, I have to go but meet me back here tomorrow at... 4:00, Okay?" Leyla nodded her head and Penelope helped her up and gathered her things. Giving her girl a quick kiss, "I'll see you tomorrow, love you!" She shouted before running off to find her parents and sister.