Fourty One

I S S A C 'S POV•

"This is bad." Aisha tells me, as if I didn't know. She was freaking out and I didn't even know what to tell her. I wanted to hug her and tell her it would be okay, but I didn't have the heart to lie to her. Because I'm not even sure myself that things will be okay. She started breathing heavily and shaking. "I can't."

And there. I saw her cry as she ran to her grandmother.

"Pink?" I ask her worriedly, not sure of what she was going to do.

"I'm gonna see if I can bring her back." She says hopefully, smiling slightly as tears fall down her cheeks. She wipes her makeup.

"No." I tell her, holding onto her hand.

"But- you're saying you want her dead?"

"But you're saying you want her alive. Aisha, I know it's painful and I know it hurts- but you can't do anything about it- we can't. Her body has given up on her. Would you rather be sad and have her free and happy in Heaven, or have you happy and have her living down on Earth while she's still hurting and while her body is continuing to slowly give up on her?"

She sighs before staring at me. "I'm-" She pauses and I feel regret for telling her that. "How could I be so selfish and stupid? You're right...you're always right."

"It's okay, Pink! You didn't know!" I tell her.

"But I should've!" She says, staring at me. "This is all my fault."

"But Aisha-"

I silence myself as I notice her shaking and panicking. A panic attack perhaps? I debated on whether I should call 911 or not. If I called them, they'd probably arrive 30 minutes late. And if that happened, I would literally burn down the police station if they arrive even just 1 minute late. Talk about lousy service.

I glance at her and she's now on the fall, crying and tearing up. I felt so bad for her. I stood in front of her and gathered all the courage I had- but I would kill myself if I hurt her- physically or mentally.

"Pink...you're shaking." I say worriedly, not knowing what to say.

She sighs. "Tell me something that I don't know. I'm fine."

"You aren't." I say, shaking my head.

"Oh, so I'm ugly?" She asks me with a smirk. I could explain to her how she looks- but the word 'ugly' wouldn't be one of the words. More like beautiful and pretty.

"That's not what I meant- you're really beautiful. I mean, I wouldn't change anything about you-" I stop myself, realizing that she shouldn't listen to me anyway. She hates my 'boring lectures'.

She doesn't need my long sentences, nor my thoughts. Or even me. Just something that would calm her down I suppose. She started shaking and trembling again, crying on the floor.

"It's okay Pink!" I tell her, not even being my sure myself. I scream. She might even die- I need to help her. But how? I can't say it's okay when it isn't. I walk back and forth, debating on what I should do. I could risk it and ruin whatever we had or not do anything and have her die, and I'd take the first option in a heart beat.

I walk over and stand in front of her, staring her up and down as doing so. I know that now isn't the time, but I mean- I could write a book series on how beautiful Aisha is. After debating again, I look down at her.

"Aisha Brave," I say, stating her full name. "Let me tell you something." I lift her up gently and carefully. If I hurt her- it'd hurt me. Being the dumb baby that I am, I stare at her and lightly smile. I don't miss the way she motions for me to let her go, but I choose to ignore it. It felt so good to hold her in my arms. "You fascinate me. There's one thing I know- and that thing is that..you're really special to me. I don't know who sent you- God or the angels from Heaven, but just hearing your name makes me smile and I don't think you realize that. You mean the absolute world to me and I wouldn't trade you for anything. Including Ms. Thang aka Amber. To sum up my 'boring lectures' as you claim- I love you. I really do love you." I stare down at her. "And after this...I hope you realize too."

I think about things again. Would this work? Would she hate me? Hesitatingly and nervously, I notice her staring at my face with a smile- probably discovering my face. As she looks at my eyes, I figure I need to shut up as just do things. I grab her face softly and put my lips on hers, waiting for her to attack me or scream at me.

I know we kissed before- but I always assumed they were accidents- even though I hate thinking like that, I guess it's the truth.

I could feel her smile at something- sadly, I didn't know what made her happy. She backed away from me, and I never felt more hurt than that. I knew it. She opened her mouth- I knew she was going to yell-

"I love you too." She says. My heart sinks as she kisses me again and I react quick by kissing her back. I've never felt so good before. I keep on questioning myself- did I do this to calm her down or was it because I wanted to? I'm pretty sure it's the second choice.

Suddenly, the door slams shut.

"You idiot. I told you to close the door gently!" I hear a voice says angrily.

There I see Blossom glaring down at Travis angrily. I knew that it looks could kill, Travis would be dead.

Automatically we both back up.

"Really?" Aisha asks Blossom.

Blossom lightly laughs and says, "Ah, wrong room."

After trying to persuade Blossom and Travis that we aren't dating, Aisha starts worrying about things.

"Well, to cheer you up, today's Christmas Eve's Eve."

"What?" Aisha asks. Blossom and Travis are sitting on the couch towards the door while Aisha and I are sitting on the floor near her Grandmother's bed.

"Christmas Eve's Eve. The day before Christmas Eve."

"Really? I've been such a mess lately that I totally forgot the holidays are coming up. Abuela's favorite holiday, actually. Christmas!"

"That's right, Christmas. And you can't celebrate it being sad, you need to be happy." I tell her. "Wait- shouldn't we call-"

"I'm here. I came as fast as I heard, I'm truly sorry for the late visit." A voice says, and it belongs to a doctor.

A/N: Well, as promised. Here. And you got two chapters posted at the same time lol. Sort of lame- so I tried to switch things up a bit. Hope you enjoyed!!!

 Hope you enjoyed!!!