Thirty Nine

"Issac?" Mason asks, staring at him. "I thought I'd never see you my life ever. How are you gonna replace me with him?" Mason asks, turning to face me.

"You know him?" I ask Issac. "That's my ex boyfriend, Issac."

He sighs. "Yeah, he was that spoiled kid at the art camp I attended two years ago. You aren't so talented now, are you?" He says, turning his attention from me to Mason.

"Oh shut up. You're just mad that I got first place."

"You copied someone's artwork and said it was your own."

"Big deal, hm?" Mason chirped. I watch as the two get into a heated argument just because of their past experiences at their art camp.

"Stop." I say, standing in between them. "Let's just go, we have to go to the hospital." I reminded Issac.

Mason shook his head and smirked. "So, Aisha, I'm guessing your having his kid now? And your hair- you always hid it since that day."

I glare at Mason, and open my mouth to insult him before Issac grabs my arm and basically drags me out of the police station. He opens the passenger door and puts me inside before closing the door behind me. He sits in the driver seat.

"What a pleasant surprise." He says, starting his car and driving away.

"I made a lot of mistakes in my life," I say.

"We all have, but when we make those mistakes, we fix them." Issac says, his eyes drift to me. "We're juniors, both 17, haha, I'm still older than you, but still. We can fix our mistakes together, okay?"

I smile. "You're the best, you know that, right?"

"I do, do you know that you're the second best? Second to me?" He says, and I laugh.

We reach the hospital, and I instantly run and leave Issac outside.

"Hello? Can I please go to the room that Martina Brave is in? I'm her granddaughter and that's her grandson in law." I say, quickly making up a lie.

"Uhm- yeah, sure. Room 702." The lady at the front desk says, typing away on her computer. I quickly say thank you and run to the room, getting harsh stares for my actions, but I couldn't care less.

"Abuela?" My voice cracks as I walk into the room 702. There I see her lying in bed, her body and face looks weak and exhausted, but nonetheless, she smiles at me.

"My little rat." She says, a full on smile on her face. Issac looks confused of the nickname, but I shrug it off and already plan to tell him about it. "And you are Issac, my lovely grandson, yes?"

"Of course, ma'am." Issac says, smirking done at me and then smiling back at Grandma.

"You may call me Grandma or Abuela, either works fine." She stares at the both of us before saying, "Come closer." We walk over to her and she sighs. "Guys, as you can see, I'm going to die soon." The words hit me like bricks, and I lean on Issac, trying to keep my balance and already hating the conversation. "But, I need you guys to say strong, okay? Aisha my love, I love you. So much. And don't think that I haven't noticed the change that occurred to you. Before you met Issac, you sort of had your heart set on every male is the same and that life to you would be nothing. But then you met Issac and you've changed. He proved to you that not all males are the same, and that your life is way more valuable than what you think. Aisha my love, it's priceless. And because of that, I would like to thank you, Issac. For giving my little rat the confidence that she needed. I know that you guys will argue at some point, but please promise me that you guys will stand by each other. Okay? I feel as if I'm seeing the future, and I know that there will be a major problem that would happen sooner or later, but please, and I mean please, just work it out and don't be stupid like your grandfather and I and fight and run from each other. You guys need each other, okay? Since nobody else told you, I will. I love you guys."

Tears fall from my eyes, but I know she is right. As much as I'd be shy to admit it, Issac was the best thing that ever happened to me. He always has been, and always will be.

"We promise." Issac and I say at the same time. Abuela nods.

"I left a few things for you two on my side table, okay? There's also a note for y'all mother, my daughter. Let her know that I love her and that I'll see her someday in the afterlife, okay?"

"Abuela, no-"

"Aisha, I can't. My body is giving up on me and it hurts so bad."

I try to hide the disappointment shown on my face, but it doesn't seem to work.

"Again, I love you guys, and I wish you the best."

"We love you too, Abuela." I say, and Issac nods, saying a quick "I love you too".

She smiles, then lays down. "You know-" just before she was about to finish her sentence, the machine attached to her starts ringing loudly, and she lies down unconsciously. Issac and I run over to her, and immediately notice that the machine says that she's...gone.

"No!" I yell. "No!" I sit on the floor and hold onto her bed. I hug her body and let my tears fall, not even silently crying because I can't take it anymore. Issac as always, sits by my side, and strokes my hair as I let my tears fall. I quickly glance at his face, and I see a look of concern and worry on his face as he stares at Abuela's body.

"Issac, I love you. Thank you for being with me." I say, looking up at him, with tears in my eyes. He smiles, wiping the tears off my face.

"Aisha, I love you too. And it's no problem, just doing my job."

A/N: Ayoooo they finally dropped the I L Y (I love you) yesss! Who likes Abuela? I sure do! Thank you for reading! Word count: over 1,000. Also, I hope you guys enjoyed your Thanksgiving and if you don't celebrate it, I still hope you had fun!

 Also, I hope you guys enjoyed your Thanksgiving and if you don't celebrate it, I still hope you had fun!

Until the next,
Mmie