Twenty Seven

When we pulled back, I just stared at him. After a while, I realized what I've done and my eyes widen in response.

"Goodness gracious!" I shriek. "I'm so sorry! I guess I couldn't control it but it seem like it was meant to happen! I...I'm super sorry! I shouldn't have done that-"

"Woah, calm down there. I think it's the third time I'm telling you to calm down."

"Want some advice? Never tell a female to calm down! Especially if they don't want to calm down!"

"Look, it's my fault. I kissed you first. You only kissed back. It's okay."

"Yeah! I kissed back! But I don't know why...it's just so weird for me, okay? I've been through a relationship in the past and it wasn't the best. I would consider this as my first kiss because I want it to be my first kiss- but it's not. It's my second. But I'll consider it my first." I feel my eyes tear up and he notices.

"You don't need to talk about your past or anything too personal. It's okay." He says in a smoothing voice.

"But I need to tell you! I want you to know." I say, looking in his eyes.

"Well, okay then. But when you can't talk anymore just tell me. I'm not pushing you to tell me anything."

Hand in hand we start walking and I clear my throat. My eyes are teary, but I let it stay like that.

"His...his name is Mason. I....I loved him. I met him a few years ago in school and we hung out. H-he used me! Day after day he would insult me and then come back a few hours to apologize. And I forgave him. Every single time. He also tried to do the dirty business with me- however I told him I wasn't ready. He freaked out on me and yelled at me. I cried. For days, and after a week he bought me ice cream and apologized. He just wanted me for my looks and-" I motion to my body. "for my body. He was cheating on me with another girl because she was 'hot' and 'had the most perfect body ever'. He also chose her because she was actually ready for things I wasn't ready for. From that day on, I had trust issues. With every single boy I met. Until I met my brother, Jake. Until I met you."

He stares at me when I talk, slightly smiling and motioning for me to continue.

"When I confronted him with the cheating and everything, he called me a fool and insulted me. Then he said he was leaving me. But I said no. He's not leaving me, I'm leaving him. And I never let him talk to me ever again. Apparently the girl he was with didn't know he was with me and ditched him. She later apologized to me and soon we sort of became friends. Mason called and texted me, begging for me to come back. But I didn't. And I won't. Ever."

Suddenly, I feel free and safe. Holding hands with Issac, and pouring my heart out to him made me happy and smile. I'm so happy I don't need to keep my past from him anymore.

"It was rough. He also abused me and he tried to force me to kiss him. As gifts he bought me very inappropriate clothes like bikini's and forced me to wear them. After that, I told myself I would never. Never kiss or date someone ever again. But this helped me realized that I can't stay broken forever. It's hurts, Issac. It really does."

Instantly, I started crying as we were walking to my house. He let me lean on him and pour my heart out as much as I needed to. Yeah, I was unimpressed with my behavior, but I couldn't help it anymore. I couldn't keep it in.

"Things like that happen, sweetheart. I've been treated like that, too. It's complicated...I'll tell you when we get to the house."

My heart skipped a beat when he called me sweetheart, but I let it pass. I continued to cry, letting the tears fall from my face. The storm was becoming more and more dangerous, to the point where Issac had to give me his jacket. I begged him to take it back, but he ignored me.

After a while, I stopped crying, but we were still walking. The storm hasn't gotten any better either, it's getting worse.

I also started to notice that Issac was ahead of me. By...a lot. I'd have to use all the power I had left in me to catch up to him.

"I have seven words for you." Issac says, as I run up to him and breathe in and out.

"Actually, you have six words for me. Because you said 'I have four words for you'..." I look at his unimpressed expression and clear my throat. "What seven words?"

"You're slow. Very slow."

"I'm not slow!" I whine childish like, crossing my arms.

"And you're short."

"I'm not short! You're just taller than me!"

"Pink shortie." He teases.

"Bad temper, lazy and taller than me idiot."

He quirks an eyebrow my way, and me being a dramatic person, I cross my arms.

"Is it against the law to be tired? Geez!"

He rolls his eyes and smiles. "Someone has freckles."

"I have freckles?" I say. Shoot, my baby freckles. I cover them up quickly, and he stares at me, before brushing my hair away from my cheeks.

"Don't cover them, they're cute."

I cross my arms and roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever. Your freckles and dimples are cute, too." I tease.

"Shut up. You have dimples too."

"Okay, forget about whether you have dimples or not. It's just- I'm tired. We're like 30 minutes away from my house."

He pauses and thinks for a moment, before lifting me on his back. After he finds a comfortable position, he starts walking. Well, I mean running.

"What the heck Issac! What if I fall and die?" I ask dramatically.

"We'd die together anyway, so yeah."

The storm was worse than ever, and Issac was flipping running like he was racing a cheetah.

"Calm down! Are you trying to kill me? Slow down!" I scream, as I hold onto him tightly, and lay my head in his hair.

"If I wanted to kill you I would've kidnapped you."

Suddenly, he trips and I fly off him, and we both land in water, and we are soaking wet.

Just great. The worse part was I landed on top of him.

• • •

A/N: I felt bad that it has been a while since I updated so I tried to make this chapter longer. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, don't forget to comment and click the star at the bottom!

Until the next,
Mmie