Fourty Seven

"Blossom!" I scold her, rolling my eyes as she tightens my hair. "We're going to one of the biggest parties of the year, can't I just put on a wig?"

I flatten out my unique dress, full of glitter, pink, black and gold. After flattening it out, I slide many rings on my fingers.

"Absolutely not." She says, brushing my pink hair back. "You know, ever since Issac came around, you gained more confidence to show your hair-"

"That's ridiculous! The only reason why I started showing my hair out in the first place was because Amber exposed me." I say, interrupting her.

"Knowing you, you would've continued wearing a wig anyway. I'm sure you left it because Issac told you he liked it."

I roll my eyes again for the billionth time. "Fine, and what about it?"

"I'm saying, if he likes it, keep it. In fact, don't keep it for him. Keep it for yourself. You look absolutely stunning, I promise." She says, snapping in my hooped earrings in my ears.

"Okay." I say, more to myself than to her. "I'll do it."

She squeals, clipping on her heels and excitedly looking at herself in the mirror. "Do you think I look good enough to make Jessica jealous and make my boyfriend proud?"

I fully take in her look. She had on a blue stunning and tight dress, with no sleeves attached to it, just two strips of the dress to tie it at the back so it could form a bow. I take a look at her face, she has slightly a bit of blue makeup and eye liner on, just like the makeup I had on, just that it was pink.

"Of course, you look stunning." I tell her, because that's all I could say. I could've said more, but if I did, we would've missed the party. "Absolutely stunning."

"I knew it!" She cheers, grabbing her purse. "Let's go before we keep the guys waiting."

"I-" Before I could even finish my sentence, she grabbed my arm and rushed me out of my room.

My mother took a look at me, eyeing me suspiciously. "Looking great, dear! I can't even get you to be so stylish when going to church or a friend's birthday." My mother commented as Blossom and I walked down the stairs. She sat at the kitchen table. "What is Issac doing to you?"

"Hey! Mom, I'm wearing this for myself-"

"And Issac!" Milo says, coming up from the basement. He teases me and pats my head. "Have fun lil sis. See you around, Bloss."

"Yes, and do stay safe- both of you." My mom adds, with a sly smile on her face.

Blossom gives Milo a fist bump then I exchange my goodbyes with both Milo and my mother and rush out the door with Blossom.

I had to admit it, I think I look great. I didn't need to look in a mirror. My dress did have straps, but it was short and had puffy short sleeves, with a semicircle at the front, exposing a bit of my neck and chest.

As I sit in the passenger seat and Blossom sat in the driver's seat, getting the car ready to move, my phone vibrated and I saw a message from my mother that read "You better stay safe before I put you in some real danger. If you weren't going to the party with Travis, Blossom or Issac I would've made you wear a sweater, so consider yourself lucky, little rat."

A smile appeared on my face when I read her message, especially my nickname my grandmother gave me, little rat.

I was talking to my grandmother when she offered to tell my siblings and I a story, back then when my father was around.

"Earlier today, I saw a rat." She says, with a smile on her face. "It was black and had red eyes."

A gasp escaped my 7-year-old body. "A rat?" I started looking side to side, desperately searching for the wild beast so I could hide.