Fourty Two

• A I S H A'S POV •

"Well, that was exhausting. Who knew we were at the hospital for so long?" Issac asks, driving us to my house in his car while Blossom and Travis took Travis's car.

"I don't know myself. I just want to make sure my mother is okay. I'm so exhausted too." I say, yawning frustratingly.

"I'm going as fast as possible." Issac tells me.

"Don't worry about it." I say, yawning lightly and stretching.

"Well...I was wondering if we could maybe talk?"

"Sure. What about?"

"Uhm...the kisses."

"Right." I say. "Sorry. Okay...well one was an accident, and well, the other three technically...happened on purpose?"

"Yeah..I don't know what we are anymore." He says, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Is that bad?"

He shakes his head quickly. "No, I just want to know what we are."

"Well I don't know- I was hoping that you knew." I say quickly.

"But I don't know."

"Issac-" I sigh. "Look, so many things are happening and well- can't this talk wait? I know it might mean a lot to you...it means a lot to me as well...but I can't right now. I'm not mentally stable about this. I can't go through another heart break, okay?"

He nods. I focus my attention back into the road as he speeds off towards my house- wherever it is. "You know, I would never break your heart. Unless I have to- but I wouldn't want to. I promise. But I understand..I'm not ready. I just wanted to try." I put my hand on his shoulder and lightly smile at him. I bring my arm down and focus my attention back on the road.

He turns the radio on to create some distraction to some weird silence that's as going on. He changed the station once again, and then it landed on a song that I absolutely adored- "Pretty Young Thing" by Michael Jackson. I sang to it, and I couldn't miss the way Issac smirked as I started dancing a bit.

Soon we pull up at the front of my house, and I rush in immediately to see my mother blowing her nose. There was also a box of tissues on her lap.

"Mom? Mom are you okay?" I ask worriedly. "I'm sorry that I couldn't come earlier."

She looks up at me. "Aisha. Issac." She pigs the tissue box down and walks over to us. "I'm okay, just hurt. But look at how late it is. Your siblings are already sleeping."

"Oh yeah! I brought Blossom and Travis too though...they'll be arriving soon though- I think." I say.

"Oh?" Mom says, trying to determine what to say.

"I could go. I could also take Travis with me. Yes? Okay, see ya Ms. Brave and Pink."

"No! Wait! You could spend the night! After all, it's the day before Christmas Eve! We're getting into the spending time with each other spirit!"

"But Ms. Brave, I've seen Pink for the whole day-"

"Great! Hmm." Mom says, putting her finger to her lip. "Blossom and Travis can have the guest room. They should be fine, aren't they dating or something?"