Twenty Four

I yawn, tiredness sinks in my body. "So..it's because of a fight, isn't it?"

He nods. "I would've killed him if I had the chance."

I nod my head slowly. "I figured." I sigh. "Just because people get on your nerves, doesn't mean you get to put your hands on them."

He glares at me. "Says you."

"I've never fought anyone before."

"You fought Julian."

"Julian? Who the heck is that?"

"The girl that was trying to steal the chocolate cake you brought from home and accused you of doing something you didn't."

"Forget about her. I fight to defend myself. You fight to kill." I say.

"And protect." He adds.

"Protect what?"

"Depends on my battle. Look, I rather not hurt people. But if I need to, I will." He says. "I've never backed down from a fight, and plan to never do so. And you," He says, pointing to me. "shouldn't either."

"Look, sometimes people get to the point where they think fighting is right. But it really isn't. There are more ways to settle things, like talking to the person. A fist to the face isn't always the answer."

He shrugs.

"And don't shrug. Doing that kind of stuff could lead you on the streets, even in jail! Issac I understand what you're feeling, but I'm telling you, it's not right."

I slowly look around his room and see the mess he had made, everything was scattered and unorganized.

Suddenly, his mom busts into the door. She was beautiful, a pearl necklace around her neck and a purple dress. There I notice the baby bump and she holds it as she stares deadly into Issac's eyes.

"Clean this room now! Just because your angry doesn't mean you get to trash your room, Issac. I will not say it twice." She swifts her eyes to me. "Hi sweetheart, you must be Issac's girlfriend. Izzy told me so."

"Um, we're actually friends," I say, side glancing at Issac. I turn back to face her with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Armstrong." I hold out my hand. She shakes it firmly and smiles.

"You know, your hair is beautiful. You're beautiful. Issac's lucky to have you. He really is."

"Mom, she's not my girlfriend." He says, and I can sense how annoyed he is. "Anyway, how's the baby?"

"Ah yes, I have to go for a doctor's appointment."

"You're not driving yourself." Issac says sternly.

"My friend is taking me there."

"Good. Bye!"

"Wait. I need you to watch Izzy and make sure she's okay. And take care of your girl, okay? We don't need you getting more angry."

She waves us goodbye and leaves.

He turns to me. "I'm going for a walk."

I quirk an eyebrow at him. "Wanna come?" He asks, hopefully. To be honest, I did walk about 30 minutes to his house, and my legs felt numb. There is no way I'm walking anymore, and plus someone needs to take care of Izzy.

"No. Someone needs to take care of Izzy. Or we could always bring her with us."

"Actually, no. I want to be alone."

*****

"Izzy, if I get a pimple because of you, I'm going to steal all your cookies and tell your brother to beat you." I say.

She giggles uncontrollably and puts more eyeshadow on my face. Then she grabs lipstick and smears it around my lips.

She fixes my eyelashes and brushes my pink hair. She then fiddles with it, and I guess she's braiding it.

"Beautiful." She says, happily.

"Um yeah- Izzy, I think I look everything but beautiful."

"Gorgeous?" She chirps.

"Um, yeah...something like that.."

My phone suddenly rings. "Give me a sec, Iz."

I walk upstairs to Issac's room and sit on the bed.

"Yes?"

"I need your help. Please." He begs.

"Issac? What- are you okay?"

"I said put your hands up now or I'll shoot! Since you have so much attitude!"

My mouth makes a "o" shape.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at ######"

"I'll be there." I tell him.

"What about Izzy?"

"I got her." With that, I hang up. I grab my jacket and run downstairs.

"Izzy!"

"Yes sister?"

"Sister? Anyway, come with me. We need to go."

"Go..? Where?"

"Travis will watch you." I say. "I'll just tell him to come over." I talk with Travis on the phone and he agrees.

"Be a good girl please."

I wait until Travis arrives and I rush out, clearly upset that it's raining heavily.

I'm coming Issac.

A/N: Sorry for the hold up y'all. But hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! Chapter on my descendants book will be out soon! Any suggestions on a new title or cover?

Thanks for reading, bye!

Until the next,
Mmie