².⁹letter sent home

Start bij het begin

"No no no, wake up Fi." Harry shook the girl, his tears threatening to fall. "Please tell me this is a prank."

"I'm afraid not Mister Potter." McGonagall answered dejectedly. "Athena was found petrified last night."

"I told her to be careful." Hermione whispered, her eyes moist as she glanced at her friend.

"Jones, what happened?" George looked at the second-year boy that was on a chair next to Athena's bed, his face full of hurt.

"W-We were walking down to the kitchens. She had this mirror out-" She showed them the cracked mirror. "-And I think she saw something in it. She told me to run and get a teacher but when we came back, she was already p-petrified."

Despite her previous sadness, Hermione grew confused. She knew what the monster was, but couldn't understand how Athena was able to warn the Hufflepuff and tell him to run. She should've been petrified the moment her eyes connected with the monster's, but she wasn't.

"What?" Hermione looked up. "Are you sure she saw something in the mirror first?"

The boy nodded. "Why?"

"Professor the monster is a basilisk. Me and Athena figured it out earlier. It should have petrified her the moment she saw its eyes through the mirror." Hermione answered, the tears still evident in her eyes, but her tone changing. "But somehow she managed to warn him first."

McGonagall widened her eyes. "What? Are you sure Miss Granger?"

"Yes, professor- here look." Hermione brought out a piece of paper.

"I'll bring this to Dumbledore." The woman announced, taking the paper from the girl.

"Professor, does Uncle Sirius know?" Harry slowly lifted his head up.

The professor nodded. "An owl was sent a few minutes ago. He and your dad are going to floo here."

"Okay..."

───── ❦ ─────

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑
𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

Sirius and James were sitting on the couch, watching on the advanced muggle television that Tony had gifted them. An unfamiliar owl thencame through the open window, a letter tied to its feet.

"What's this?" Sirius took the letter, offering it a piece of fruit. He opened the letter, noticing that it was from Hogwarts. Curiously, he took the letter out, reading its contents. "Dear Mister Black... I'm afraid to inform you this but your daughter has been- WHAT!"

"What- What's wrong?" James asked.

Sirius shot up from the couch, standing up to his feet immediately. "Get up Prongs were going to Hogwarts."

"Why? What happened?"

"It's Athena. She's been p-petrified." Sirius's voice cracked.

James' eyes widened, standing up to his feet putting his coat on. "What! How?!"

"I'll explain later. Now come on, we'll take the Floo to get there. I'm just going to write this letter to Minnie saying we're going to floo there."

James nodded. Sirius grabbed a piece of paper, scribbling words in it then putting it in a letter. "Okay... Give to Professor McGonagall ASAP." Sirius told the owl.

Sirius grabbed his leather jacket that was laying on the arm of the couch, putting it on. "Do you think we should tell Tony?"

"I will, I just have to see my daughter first."

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━edited -siriuslycv 2022©

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

━edited -siriuslycv 2022©

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙