⁵.¹⁴grawp

1996HOGWARTS

1996
HOGWARTS

Hogwarts was a mess. Well, in Athena's opinion.

Dumbledore's Army was no more, Umbridge finding out about their meetings and them going against the rules. Because of the jinx on the parchment, the snitch - Marietta Edgecomb - had a bunch of boils on her face, forming the word 'SNEAK'.

Not only that, Dumbledore had also disappeared. He had vanished, right when he was supposed to be escorted to Azkaban. Because of his absence, Umbridge now held the position of being headmistress. This caused major changes in Hogwarts. Rules were more stricter, being announced multiple times a day over the loudspeaker, paintings have been put down, and many other differences.

Those who had participated in the acts of the DA had to serve detention with Umbridge, meaning they had to use blood quills. If Athena received one more detention after this, she swore her whole hand was going to go numb.

"You did everything you could

"You did everything you could." Ron tried to cheer up his best friend, the boy upset due to the DA being caught and Dumbledore gone. "No one could win against that hag."

"Even Dumbledore didn't see it coming." Hermione stated after Ron. "Harry if it's anyone's fault, it's ours. We talked you into it."

"But I agreed. I tried so hard to help, and all it's done is make things worse." Harry answered, turning back around to face nature out the bridge. "Anyways that doesn't matter anymore. Because I don't want to play anymore. All it does is make you care too much. And the more you care, the more you have to lose. So maybe it's just better to..."

"To what?"

"If you say something stupid or hero-like, I'm pushing you off this bridge." Athena stated, helping to cheer the boy up, though still in an annoyed state. Every single night since they had been caught, Athena had been teleporting in front of the Room of Requirement, practicing her powers and combative skills. For one, she hadn't had the time to do so when the DA still held practices, another reason because it helps her from blowing up and killing Umbridge right then and there on the spot.

"To go it alone..." Harry turned back around.

"Pst."

✎✎