⁷.²⁴toasted meat

1998HOGWARTS

1998
HOGWARTS

After scaring the two in front of her, they'd explained that Harry was most likely inside the Room of Requirement, seeing as how he had just vanished on the map. Now, inside the room, they had walked throughout the jungle of items, trying to find their friend.

Then, voices were heard. Athena had grabbed both of their sleeves, giving them a look to be quiet before quietly dragging them to the source. "What's wrong with the one you have now?"

Athena had dragged the others behind a stack of items, one behind Harry. Whilst they were talking, Athena took this as a distraction to quietly explain her plan. "Alright, I'm going to cast a spell one of the goons, and when I do that, I want you to take this as the cue to throw more spells, at them. They would most likely run away after."

The two nodded, silently watching as Athena had crept behind a stack of items near a gap that would surely give her a good view on one of the three. Eyes narrowed at Goyle, watching as he and whispered something to Draco, something that most likely isn't very nice.

Her wand found its way to Goyle's direction, hitting him square in the head. The boy stumbled back, allowing the other two with them to grow alarmed. They had shot at least two spells, the other three shooting spells back at them. Draco making eye contact with Athena before trying to escape the area. Blaise had taken notice of this, him and Goyle throwing a few more spells at them before following the albino.

"That's my girlfriend, you numpties!" Ron yelled out, running after the trio that ran. Athena huffed out a laugh, watching in amusement, before realising what he just said.

"Wait... girlfriend..?" She muttered out, before looking at Hermione. The girl shrugged nervously, before looking at Harry, who had just looked up to the top of the pile of items next to them. Seeming to know what he was thinking of, Hermione had helped Harry up the pile, assisting him in obtaining the item which they needed- Rowena Ravenclaw's Lost Diadem.

Then, as if to ruin their success in finding another horcrux, a loud roar was heard- followed by a loud "Run!". Harry and Hermione jumped down from the items, eyes widened in confusion as another "Run!" was heard, followed by Ron's screaming.

Ron's figure came in running, a bright light following behind him. "Goyle's set the bloody place on fire!" He ran past the four, grabbing Hermione's hand in doing so. There, a large, fire in the shape of a dragon, before dispersing into looking like a normal wave of fire.

"Shit!" Athena yelled out, grabbing Harry's wrist as he had stood there shocked. The two sprinted away, eager to escape the flame from toasting them. They could see Ron and Hermione in the far distance, still running, however the flame behind them wasn't that far so they had to take a turn. Though, even without the other two in sight, they had continued running.

They didn't know where they were going, but Athena knew that they couldn't just escape without the others- Draco and his friends included. They had continued running as if it was a maze, until the four had met up again. However, this meant that they were cornered.

Athena turned her back to the four, wand raised as she deflected the flame that was about to shoot at them with a shield. She had left this up, though seeing as the force of the fire was pretty hard, it wouldn't last long. "Athena!"

The girl turned around, seeing Ron hand out a broom in which he had stumbled upon. Relief washed over her, though not completely as she still had to find her cousin.

They flew over amongst the ocean of fire, Athena's eyes scanning for the three familiar faces. "C'mon! This way!" Ron yelled. Whilst following the boy, Athena's eyes landed on two figures hanging of the top of a mountain of items.

"Harry! We can't leave them!" Athena yelled out, halting her broom to turn it around.

Ron looked back to Hermione. "She's joking, right?!" Knowing what the boy meant to her, he knew that she obviously wasn't joking. Athena had flown back in a swift speed, now heading towards the two boys. The three followed behind her, Harry taking the other side, ready to take the one on his side. "Athena, if we die for them I'm gonna kill you!"

Unfortunately for Harry, Draco was the boy on his side. They didn't like each other- everyone knew that. But amongst the atmosphere of war and death, the only thing both cared about was surviving. With no hesitance, Harry held his arm out to the boy, Draco doing the same as he latched onto the boy's wrist, successfully getting on the broom. Draco turned around, seeing that his cousin and friend were both safe.

Without looking back, Athena flew behind Hermione and Ron, the former leading the way out as she had made a path for them to pass through. Hot air flew past them, hands gripping the broom as the boy behind her hugged her waist- not wanting to fall off. The door was waiting for them, wide open for them to exit out of.

Cold air kissed Athena's sweaty skin as she left the room, safely landing onto the hallway floor. No words exchanged their mouths, however Blaise didn't leave, simply following the girl as she ran towards where Harry and Draco had fallen harshly onto the floor.

She helped both boys up, holding onto Draco as he seemed to have been on a state of panic, whilst Harry looked directly at the diadem, which landed on spot in front of the door.

"Harry!" Hermione's voice yelled out behind them. Harry turned around, catching the fang which Hermione threw, and stabbing it as soon as it met his hands.

Blaise and Draco watched from the sides, eyes wide as they watched the scene unfold, as if it was in slow motion. Black smoke emitted from the diadem, Harry thrown onto the wall from the impact. Athena had kicked the item into the burning room, successfully reaching the flame. A loud explosion was heard, and three heads of a familiar alien/villain had molded into the fire, heading towards the door- which had closed in time.

Athena had sighed in relief, breath uneven. Hands interlocked with each other, placing them on top of her head as her chest bobbed up and down, trying to tame her breathing.

Blaise had tilted over to his friend, whispering something to Draco. "That's hot. Your cousin is hot."