⁴.¹⁴second task

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ ATHENA THOUGHT THAT TROUBLE DECIDED to befriend her yet again. 

After hours of begging from her desperate brother, the girl had finally agreed to give the egg a last chance. She was in the boys dorm room as Harry had gone down to the kitchens to get some snacks.

The second task was in two days, and Harry hadn't figured what the egg was saying, or how to get it to not scream and actually give them the clue. As she inspected the egg closely, noticing a faint mermaid scale pattern around the top. Hopping off the bed, she brought the egg with her as she went to the bathroom. With a wave of her hand, the bathtub clog had placed itself on the drain, allowing the tub to fill up with water.

When it was full enough, she stopped the water, then dropped the egg in. Nothing.
Nothing had happened.

"Oh shit. I probably broke this. Bloody-" Then she thought of the nozzle. "You dumb fuck Athena, open the bloody thing."

Expecting the egg to start screaming again, she closed her eyes. But nothing. The egg was glowing - like how it would look when open - but there was no loud screeching. With the same thought of her breaking the egg, she brought the egg out of the water. It started screeching again. "Nope! No-" She dropped the egg back in, a splash of water getting on her. "Well uh, now I got myself wet."

Pulling her gaze away from her dampened clothing, Athena had focused on the egg. It didn't screech nor was there any muffled sounds when she had placed it in the water, but it did when she took it out. 

With an impulsive thought in her head, she dunked her head under the water. Then, she slowly opened the egg underneath, hoping it wouldn't scream again. And alas, it didn't. Instead, angelic voices replaced it.

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

An hour long you'll have to look,

To recover what we took.

Her head had gone back up, her front hairs clinging to her face. "You smart-arse, son of a muppet. I should've dropped you in the bloody tub before."

"Athena? I've got the foo-" Harry had walked in the bathroom, his mouth dropping at the sight of his sister's head drenched, sitting next to the tub. "Erm- should I be worried?"

Shaking her head, she grinned. "нет."

(translation: no)

───── ❦ ───── 

"Blimey... Where is Athena?" Ron questioned, turning his head around to look for the girl. "The task is about to end."

"Maybe she got... distracted?" Ginny implied with a shrug of her shoulders, but she knew that Athena wouldn't get distracted at a time like Harry's competition.

George shook his head. "Highly doubt that. We all know 'Thena, and we know that she would never miss this."

The Second Task had already started, and Athena Black was not in sight. Not even when it had first started. She didn't show her exciting self in the morning, when the task had started and right now.