⁶.¹⁸felix

1996HOGWARTS

1996
HOGWARTS

Athena was gladly walking along the hallways of Hogwarts as she made her way to the Hall. Today was the first match of the Quidditch season, and as usual, they were versing Slytherin. She hadn't played the sport in a very long time, due to all the events that had occurred the last two years. Not only that, but Ron was playing as well.

Opening the doors to the hall, she walked over to where Harry, Ron and Hermione were already sitting, saying 'hi' to some of the people who had greeted her as she passed.

"How are we all feeling this very fine morning?" Athena asked, sitting on the vacant spot next to Harry. She grinned brightly at her friends, only to see Harry smiling back - with the same, but a bit lower energy - Hermione smiling softly, and Ron looking like he wanted to hide. Taking note of what the boy had worn, Athena let out a laugh. "Why's Mr. Red. looking like he wants to lock himself up underneath a staircase?"

"How does one lock themselves underneath a staircase? And where'd that thought even come from? Hermione asked.

Athena shrugged. "Well, there's a cupboard underneath the staircase obviously! Also, I don't know. It just came to my mind."

A laugh escaped Harry's mouth. "I'm pretty sure you're right Fi. With the Ron-locking-himself-up thing."

"Interesting..." The girl hummed. "Explain."

"Well, this dude is seriously doubting himself. Saying that the trials was just pure luck and that he'll-"

Before Harry could finish explaining, Athena had thrown an empty metal cup at Ron's slumped figure . Ron jumped up, placing a hand on the shoulder that had been hit. "Ow!"

"That shouldn't even hurt..." Athena muttered, shaking her head before focusing back on what she was saying. "Anyways, snap out of it you idiot. You'll do just fine. You did amazing at the trials out of pure skill. Honestly, why do I even need to give you this bloody talk. If you think you're gonna do bad, just get Harry to use Felix on you."

A silence peaked between the three at this. "Felix?"

"You know, Felix? Felix Felicis? Liquid luck- how do you guys not-"

"Athena you just bloody exposed me." Harry deadpanned at the girl.

"Expose? What do you mean?"

"I may or may not have put some liquid luck in your drink." Harry shamelessly said, a grin obvious on his face.

Hermione's mouth dropped, a smile forming on Ron's face. Athena however, had looked like she was proud - but wanted to laugh at the same time. Without hesitation, Ron had grabbed the cup Harry had motioned towards, drinking the liquid containing it. Gulping the whole thing, Ron had smirked, standing up as he finished the drink.

"Hope Felix does his job as well." Ron got up, making his way out of the hall.

As the boy left, Athena had hit Harry's arm, the boy shielding himself from her. "You sly prick! You really doubted him that much?"

This made Hermione even more shocked, her jaw dropping even more. "No!" Harry yelled defensively. "I just knew he was going to do something like that. I didn't actually put the potion in."

Harry had then pulled out a full vial of Felix Felicis, his smug grin growing even wider.

+++

Ron would think Felix did a good job, while everyone thought Ron did a good job. In all honesty, it was Ron. The man had done a bloody amazing job during the game. Blocking majority of the quaffle thrown in, defending each of the three hoops splendidly.

Because of this (and the team's work), Slytherin had lost, Gryffindor won. And of course, this had called for a party. The Gryffindor common had been set up, and had been chaotic.

Teenagers were partying, the smell of alcohol had filled the room, loud music booming through the room. Since there was alcohol, students third year and under had been told to go back to their dorms, while those higher up had been partying. It was truly a vital night.

Athena was dancing with the crowd, the feeling of another person's body against hers as she moved with the loud music. Due to her drunk state, she honestly didn't care. Being drunk meant being more carefree for her, and right now, she needed that.

She didn't know how many drinks she'd taken, but before you knew it, the girl was already close to being pissed drunk. She could still control her thoughts and actions, but her mood was much more free and a headache was starting to form.

"Harry- you need- to have- some fun- out there-" Athena grunted, pulling on Harry's hand as she dragged him to the dance floor.

"I am having fun!" Harry reasoned, pulling against the girl.

Athena stopped. "On the sides?"

"Yes?"

Athena narrowed her eyes at the boy, however before she could speak, the crowd had cheered loudly again. "Gagh-" she covered her ears. "Why does it seem like everything is much more louder-"

She stopped her sentence as she watched the scene up on the small stage occur. Ron was kissing one of the girls in her dorm - Lavender.

Athena's mouth dropped, and Harry was shocked. "Since when did he like her?- Where's Hermione?"

Her tone was suddenly serious, her head looking around for the brunette haired girl. Spotting her, she saw her walk out of the room, as if she was about to cry. Grabbing Harry's wrist, the two had followed Hermione.

Finding her in a blank, large room. Sitting down on either side of her, Athena and Harry were quiet, just comforting the girl as she cried.

 Sitting down on either side of her, Athena and Harry were quiet, just comforting the girl as she cried