⁵.⁴friends with voldemort

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━THE FIRST OF SEPTEMBER ARRIVED FAST, and the four friends were currently walking along the brown, muddy pathway, headed towards the carriages. The holidays had been eventful for Athena: being able to explore New York, meeting two new blokes, moving into Grimmauld Place, having shouting matches with her grandmother, Harry being expelled, a trial occuring, Ginny coming out of the closet─

The four stopped in their tracks, watching the previous group of people on the carriages began to make their way towards the castle. Athena looked over to Harry, a teasing look on her face, as the previous group were Cho Chang and her friends. "Harry," the girl called out, slinging an arm around his shoulder as she brought him down slightly to her height. "You've got a bit of drool their, mate."

Harry immediately shrugged her arm off, leaving the girl laughing. Ron and Hermione echoed her laughs, finding amusement in the red growing within their friend's cheek. Footsteps could then be heard making it's way towards the group, followed by the sound of a familiar voice. "Hi guys." 

They had all turned to the voice, Athena's face growing even more at the sight of Neville─ who held a pot plant in his hands. Athena flashed him an open-mouthed smile, greeting him."Nev!"

More footsteps could be hear walking behind them; however, it sounded more like a horse's rather than a humans. As Hermione and the others began talking to each other, along with placing their trunks on the carriage, Athena saw how Harry had parted from the others, nearing towards the front; his eyes widened at the creatures that found itself before the carriages. A solemn look washed over her face, knowing that the male could now see the ghost horse. "It's a thestral."

Being able to see these bony, winged horses signifies that the person has witnessed death.

Harry turned his head to her, his brows furrowing. "You can see it?"

Her previous demeanour had softened, allowing a small smile to fall upon her face, glancing at the horses. "Since last year."

"How?"

"After the alien attack on New York. Saw a bunch of those Chitauri soldiers die." She informed him, walking closer towards the creatures as she slowly and carefully placed her hand beside its nuzzle, the creature warming up to her as it leaned towards her touch.

"Oh." Harry softly muttered, watching as the cretures quickly grew fond of Athena, letting the girl pet them softly.

"Divination taught us that thestrals dignify bad omen and misfortune and all of that," The girl told him, Harry growing fascinated by the fragile-looking creature. "But that's all bull. These lovelies are smart. Dead clever. They're mad dangerous, though only to threats."

"No wonder you dropped out of that class..." The boy muttered, receiving nothing but a small laugh emitting from the girl as she dropped her hands from the thestral's face.

"Are you guys alright?" Hermione asked, allowing the siblings to turn their focus away from the animal, but rather at their friends' concerned looks. "you've been staring at nothing for a while now... and why're you petting the air, Athena?"

"I see them." An unfamiliar voice spoke, the voice coming from on the carriage. The five turned their heads over to the voice. "You two are just as sane as I am."