⁵.⁸taking over the school

1995

1995

HOGWARTS

The past few weeks at Hogwarts were difficult.

With the High Inquisitor around, new rules have been placed. Athena and Harry had received more detentions, Athena doing it just to annoy the old lady, and Harry's reason was his temper was easily broken, maybe a bit just to annoy her as well.

Hermione and Ron knew that their two friends weren't going to owl their dads anytime soon, so they did it themselves. Athena and Harry didn't know about this, though they found out when a sixth year student had asked the two to go to Professor McGonagall's office. James and Sirius were outraged by the looks, as they didn't even think of the outcomes of what would've happened if they attacked a Ministry Official in a school full of students. If it weren't for McGonagall seeing the two in the hallway, they probably would've landed both their arses in Azkaban.

Athena and Harry weren't too lucky either. Not just because of the detentions, but because of the ear load they got from both James and Sirius. Having been in her office when Athena and Harry explained where they had received the scars, McGonagall had also found out about the punishments, and she was not happy about it. She had instantly made her way to Dumbledore's office, the other four following behind.

They had explained the problem about Umbridge with Dumbledore, however all the headmaster had said was there wasn't much that he could do about it. With the ministry on his back, all Dumbledore could do was have the scars healed as soon as the student had finished the detention, or talk to Dolores about her choices of punishment.

That didn't stop the older Black and Potter from filing charges against the woman. Even if Hogwarts was under the ministry's authority, that didn't mean the parents were. So as James and Sirius explained that they were heading to the ministry, all Athena and Harry could do was wait for Umbridge to get sacked, as she would eventually.

More rules have been placed each day, each and every one of those rules being frustrating.

"NO MUSIC IS TO BE PLAYED DURING STUDY"

"ALL WEASLEY PRODUCTS ARE TO BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY"

"BOYS & GIRLS ARE NOT TO BE PERMITTED WITHIN SIX INCHES OF EACH OTHER"

"PROPER DRESS & DECORUM IS TO BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES"

The students were under strict rules, and had no choice but to follow it unless they want to receive a detention from the devil herself.

Some teachers were also pressured, having fear of getting sacked off their job if they somehow muck up.