⁷.²⁷harry potter is dead

1998HOGWARTS

1998
HOGWARTS

Neville was outside, scrummaging through the rubble for items that may have been important. Majority of the place was in ruins, and all he wanted was to find something that wasn't. Like finding a light in a void of dark.

Inside, many people were still being healed. Those who got minor injuries, like maybe just a slash on a leg, bruises, or just cuts were healed easily. Those who may have broken a bone (or more), really deep cuts, or even on the verge of death, were still unconscious. Now thankfully, the number of those people were small, however, that didn't distract the fact the almost everyone had been injured mentally.

Neville picked up the Sorting hat, rubbing off any excess rocks and dirt on it. Looking up, he can see a crowd on the bridge, heading towards the castle. Slowly, he walked towards them, not knowing that more people from inside the castle had gone out.

Though inside the castle, some people had started to panic. Madam Pomfrey had instructed that those who were unconscious, injured badly, or couldn't fight should be brought to the Hospital Wing - which was still, surprisingly still in tact.

Blaise volunteered to take care of Athena, and Draco would've as well if it weren't for the fact that he wanted to talk to his mother first. So, after a lot of death threats on the poor boy, Blaise had carried Athena's unconscious body to the Hospital Wing.

Now, as people exited the doors, Voldemort exposed his great news. "Harry Potter... is dead."

"HUH?!" James yelled out, wand pointed at the enemy, voice filled with rage. "WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOU UGLY SHIT?"

"James!" Remus yelled, grabbing the man, holding his arm down before he could do something he might regret (but we all know he wouldn't).

"Let go Remus!" The Potter yelled out, trying to get out of the man's strong grip.

"Silence!" The man who dominated the area yelled out. He looked at the opposing side, hands pointing at them. "From this day forth, you put your faith, in me."

Panic, sorrow, emptiness, heartbreak, and many different emotions filled many people. Harry Potter was pronounced dead. This may as well be their defeat. They had lost.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort yelled out one more time towards his followers, earning a laugh from them. He then turned around again, opening his arms. "And now is the time to declare yourselves."

"Join me, or die."

Those words rang through the air, fear entering their bodies. They couldn't just simply choose to join the other side, but they didn't want to die as well.

"Draco." Many people turned to look at the boy. The boy gulped, not liking the attention on him as his father said his name again. Now, when Draco said that he was going to go here to talk to his mother, he had only told a few people (Blaise, James, Sirius and Remus), so you can imagine the shock and betrayal on the others faces when the boy had started to walk to the other side.

"You're making a grave mistake, Malfoy." Ron growled, tone dangerous. "How do you think Athena would feel?"

"Athena? The girl with powers?" Voldemort perked up at the name. "Is she dead? Did you kill her yet?"

Draco took a long sigh, nodding afterwards. Many people had their eyes widened, as if they had connected the dots. Draco had arrived to heal the girl, but did he actually heal her?

Those closest to the girl seemed like they wanted the boy's head, however, after seeing Sirius just stand there, quietly letting rage bounce off of him, they halted. Why wasn't he doing anything? Sirius was known for his impulsive actions, so why wasn't the man attacking Draco? Or Voldemort on that matter.

"Well done, Draco." The Dark Lord stated, trying to hug the boy as Draco just stood there. Draco had immediately walked right to his mother as she directed him away from the front.

Then, carefully, Neville started to limp forward. Disbelief was seen all over the faces of his friends, shocked that the boy would choose such option. Voldemort's followers laugh as their leader makes a comment, before asking for his name.

"Neville Longbottom." This had only earned more laughs from the followers.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a position for someone like you in our ranks."

"I'd like to say something." Neville announced, obvious annoyance shown on Voldemort's face. "It doesn't matter that Harry's gone."

"Stand down Neville." Seamus told the boy.

"People die everyday." The Longbottom slowly started to turn around towards his peers. "Friends, Family... We lost Harry tonight, but, he's still with us, in here," he placed his hand in front of his heart. "As well as many of our peers, like, Athena... They didn't die in vain." Then, he turned around to Voldemort. "But you will. Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! This is not over!"

Neville pulled out the Sword of Gryffindor from the Sorting Hat he was still holding, and at the same time, Harry had jumped off of Hagrid's arms. "Confringo!"

Harry yelled out, pointing at the snake, however it was only deflected. He then started running towards the open hallway, spells being thrown at him continuously, though missing.

Everyone watched this occur with slight surprise and joy, backing up as they prepared for a new fight, knowing that they haven't lost. Many death eaters started leaving, others telling them to stay and fight.

Narcissa had pulled his son's arm, telling him that they were gonna leave. However, Draco stopped, looking at his mother in the eye. "Wait, mum. I still need your help with something. It's Athena."

They were already on the bridge, where there were no other death eater could hear them. "Athena? I thought you said she had died?"

Draco shook his head. "It was a lie, can you follow me? I don't know whether I had healed her properly, and I fear that she could die. She was close to dying when I had seen her, but I may have prevented that from happening. I don't know..."

Narcissa nodded. "Lead the way."