Chapter9

I pushed open the closed cafeteria doors entering the noisy hell-hole full of immature kids. I noticed the stage at the back of the cafeteria that was always hidden by curtains but since it was graduation day today they finally revealed the crusty old stage. 

There were already parents starting to swarm in, I frowned at the balloons most parents were holding wishing I had one of my one. I didn't even bother to ask my parents to come because I already knew the wouldn't show up coming up with some stupid excuses like "I'm busy" or "I have a lot or work" or some other bullshit like that.

It definitely didn't help that I was in a bad mood today, graduation day always made me sick to my stomach. My parents started to stop coming since fifth grade figuring I didn't need the support anymore which was complete- you know what? never mind.

I scratched the back of my head starting to get extremely anxious, fifty minutes to go. I took a seat in the back waiting patiently for the principal to make her grand entrance but of course not everyone's entrance was grand. I watched Blythe approach me, this time by herself, she smirked upon seeing me sitting by myself as sat she plopped down next to me.

"What?" I rudely blurted out, she seemed to notice my bad mood because she smiled which se rarely ever does unless it's to manipulate someone or something else.

"Aww, I wonder why our piglet is in a bad mood" She said, batting her unflattering eyelashes at me. "Yeah, I wonder why, maybe cause you're right in front of me" I spat, not having the energy to roll my eyes at her like I always do.

"Oh sweetie, there must be something else. Probably cause mommy and daddy aren't here" I widened my eyes at that sentence, how cold can this girl get? 

"At least I don't go begging daddy for money" I snapped not wanting to show her that I was now furious. "At least my dad has money" She replied, fixing her lip gloss that didn't even look good on her.

"You know what? I would be ashamed to have a daughter like you, I don't even know why he gives you money, probably to shut up you're consistent whining." I angerly said slamming my fist on the table, walking away from her to avoid doing something that I would regret.

I stomped away to another table in the far back, pissed off at this point. Why doesn't she just fucking leave me alone and go do something else with that tiny brain of hers. 

I pinched the bridge of my nose feeling a headache starting to form before I looked up to see the principal had already arrived setting up a table on the stage, probably to place the medals or whatever.

"Okay everyone! I would like you all of you guys that are standing to sit, including parents as the graduation event will be starting very soon!" The principal yelled, everyone immediately scurrying over to empty seats with the blow of her whistle.

I remained in the seat I was in not wanting to get in contact with anybody, already wanting to explode right then and there.

"Hey Rose?" I heard someone ask, turning my head to the side noticing Lilith standing right in front of me, smiling. Just great.

"Oh, hey" I said as Lilith took a seat next to me, "so.." she trailed off, I clenched my teeth really wanting her to just go away, I really didn't feeling like talking to anyone. 

"So...?" I pretending not to know what she was talking about even though I damn well knew what, Derrick.

"Oh come on! Don't act like you don't know" She replied starting to get annoyed, "it failed" I said, resting my chin on my hand allowing myself to get lost in la-la land shutting everyone out, even Lilith. 

I guess you could say graduation day definitely wasn't my thing, especially when you have a hot-headed jerk in your way.