Chapter19

Rose's POV

I've had enough of her, I couldn't take it. Wasn't it enough when she humiliated me in the girls locker room? She literally poured fake blood on my gym shorts so it looked like I got my period. Luckily I had a pair of leggings that I could wear.  Everyone kept laughing, but I just ignored them, and now? Now she wants to embarrass me a second time! I fucking hated her with all my heart and now I won't just stand there and let her have her way anymore.

 I was gonna give her a piece of my mind. My fist collided with her jaw, and blood came pouring out her mouth. She fell to the ground frantically trying to spit out the blood. The coach tried to pull me away yelling something but I couldn't make out what he said.

 Tears were running down my cheek as I kicked her stomach with all my force as she knelt on her knees, but that bitch wouldn't give up. She kept yelling curse words at me in between her coughs. "That's enough Rose!" I heard someone yell, a hand grabbed me and when I looked up I realized it was Derrick. He pulled me in his chest and hugged me while I cried.

I couldn't tell what I was feeling at the moment. It was like I finally broke, all these emotions I have kept in for so long, brushing off every comment, every fight, every laugh, every whisper. I finally let it out, and who did I let it out on? Blythe. 

Derrick had brought me in the nurse's office to calm down for a bit, of course my enemy was in the other room across from me but as long as I didn't see her face I would be fine. He sat down next to me and stayed close.

 We sat there in silence for what seemed like an hour before the nurse finally came out from Blythe's room. "You hit her good,  but she should be okay for now." The nurse said, wiping her hands with a cloth. I let out a sigh as I sat in despair regretting ever hitting her. My parent's are obviously gonna be disappointed but I had no other choice, I couldn't just stay quiet anymore. That wasn't me.

 The nurse said that she would call my parents to pick me up from school, which I really didn't want her to do because I was gonna get a good scolding from them. I nervously played with my fingers as Derrick had to excuse himself to go to the bathroom.

 I remembered the hug he gave me earlier and wondered why he did it. I mean, obviously to comfort me but why? Why would anyone want to hug me? Everyone already hated my guts for no apparent reason so why him? Did he care about me or just did it without thinking? I wanted answers and I figured I was gonna ask him tommorow morning. 

For now I just have to wait like a lost dog until my parents come and pick me up. Gosh, why is life so cruel?