Chapter14

*Okay so I know my chapters are really short and I'm going to try and make them longer okie~

Derrick's POV 

I let out a grunt as I heard my alarm clock go off, of course I immediately reached out to turn it off.  I got out of bed to get ready for school; after getting ready I looked at myself in the mirror and for reason Rose popped in my mind, she just had this weird aura coming off her but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

I let out a deep breath trying to focus. I couldn't let myself get distracted today because I had an important exam to do today and unlike most boys in my grade, I actually care about my grades.

I headed down the path that I always took to school, it was about a fifteen minute walk but I didn't mind since time seemed to fly by and it was healthy exercise.

 I finally reached the classic blue doors that almost every school had and walked through the halls that were crowded with students that were waiting for the school bell to ring. I leaned next to my locker while tapping my foot on the ground when I noticed Rose in the corner of the hall talking to Blythe, the girl that wouldn't leave me alone when I first transferred here. They seemed to be in a heated argument which didn't surprise me since she was basically Rose's enemy. 

For a second I wanted to interfere and break them apart but I decided it was best to just leave them alone and mind my own business until I noticed Rose slap Blythe which left her right cheek a bright red color as Blythe slowly lifted her right hand stroking her cheek while shooting Rose a death glare.

 Of course it gained everyone's attention and soon everyone started to whip their phone's out. "Oh this is gonna be good" I heard one person say.

 I kept my eyes focused on Rose, hoping that this argument wouldn't escalate further. I noticed Rose's teary eyes and the way Blythe was yelling at her. "DON'T YOU  TALK ABOUT HER EVER AGAIN!!" I heard Rose scream, throwing her arms about to punch Blythe before a teacher stopped her.

 "Alright everyone! Go to your homeroom classes!" The teacher yelled, trying to calm Rose who had a fountain of tears running down her cheek. I felt a tug at my heart and at that moment all I wanted to do was comfort Rose. 

I never had this feeling before. You know, the feeling of sympathy. Some people called me emotionless because I hardly ever showed any expression on my face, but that didn't mean I was emotionless, I just...it's complicated.

I let out a sigh as I glanced over at Rose who was in the arms of the teacher and Blythe who was now nowhere to be seen. I stared at Rose for a while before finally heading to my homeroom class. 

I had a feeling that today was going to be...long.