Chapter24

Derricks POV

I let out a grunt as I picked up the heavy bag of chicken feed into my dad's truck. We had a whole farm filled with animals so everyday was a struggle trying to feed them all. We had a schedule on who feeds what; I feed the chickens and sheep, my dad feeds the donkeys and lamas and my mom feed the goats and rabbits.

I closed the truck and wiped my on the cloth that was hanging on a nail in the wood. I walked in the house and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator and headed to my bedroom.

I bit my tongue as I thought about Rose and that beautiful- wait, that am I saying? I shook my head in disbelief and continued taking large sips of my water.

I took a book from my desk as in hopes of it distracting me from Rose. I couldn't stop thinking about that look she gave me when I called Blythe a selfish person, it's as if she was surprised that I was defending her which I'm not going to blame her because I was honestly surprised myself. Me? Defending someone? Pretty rare if you ask me.

"Derrick!" I heard my mother yell from downstairs, "Yea?" I gently yelled back. "Can you help me with something!?" My mother yelled once again and I bolted down the stairs, anything to keep my distracted.

"Woah, you came pretty fast" My mother said as she chuckled which made the wrinkles on her eyes show. She used to work at a bakery before she quit when she found out she was pregnant with me. I always asked her why she quit and she would always just shrug and say something along the lines of "I was too tired."

She was making cookies and wanted me to turn on the oven for her. "Mom, do you think I'm weird?" I stupidly asked my mother in which she raised a brow in confusion, "Why would you ask that?" She said as I smiled awkwardly at her, "Oh, um nothing just forget I even said anything." 

I quickly ran back to my bedroom and shut the door immediately jumping on my bed. "What's wrong with me?" I asked myself as I glanced at the mirror across from me. I tilted my head to the side as I let out a deep breath, what are you doing to me?

I decided to do my homework for the day, I scattered the worksheets across my desk and picked which one I would do first. When I was just beginning to write I got a text message from one of the girls in our class.

?: Hey, wanna hang out?