11. the lost art of murder

Fiona monez-

"Fiona" I hear Harry's voice muffled but become more clear by the second.

"mm," I groan stretching in my bed.

"get up, eat breakfast, I wanna show you the rest of the town," he says before leaving my room.

after a couple of minutes of me staring at the ceiling and then at the floor and I get up, take my skin routine little bag to the bathroom and do my skincare routine.

I walk back to my room and put on a white tee with the black cardigan knit oversized on me sweater that was my dad's. I took it after he died because he used to always wear it and I don't know it makes me feel safer and at home with him.

5 years ago

I walk downstairs to the smell of strong Italian coffee my dad loves which absorbs the whole house.

"hi dad" I say goodmorning to him first since he's closer.

"Hi sweetheart," he says as he gives me a kiss on the cheek and goes back to watching the news.

"hi mum" I kiss my mum on the cheek and she smiles.

"hi baby"

I pour myself some almond milk and eat with these really good Italian cookies that my dad gets at this Italian place that sells all things Italian, like for example Italian coffee grounds and traditional cookies.

"f wanna come to the bank with me" he tells me.

"sure" I always go with him because every time he either buys me food or something else. I walk upstairs and before I'm at the top of the stairs I hear my mum's voice.

"I think we should tell her, I feel guilty not too"

"he's safe with me- over there okay? well tell her when she's ready" I heard my dad's voice before reaching the top of the stairs and walking into my room.

I wear my light blue baggy jeans that I cuff,I wore my high top converse. I wore a simple loose ponytail with the same jewelry I have one every day

I walk downstairs to see Harry on the couch flipping through channels while he has his arm extended on the couch.

there's nothing to eat here, well nothing I like. I don't like egg and there's a million eggs here. I serve myself a cup of coffee and gulp it fast.

"We have to make a u-turn tho" harry says as we're passing Louis's house and we're heading towards Ally's parlor.

harry didn't yell out her name like last time and went in like last time and I started to realize where we were headed. we walk through the same flight of stairs he choked me- fun. through the same doors and the same horrifying smell roamed the halls and rooms. the same graffiti before entering the actual room.

we get closer and closer to him hanging by his hands weak and restless. looks like no life is in him "he's dying...today" he says turning to me.

"oh?" I say looking at him with sweaty hair and his white shirt filled with dirt, sweat, and blood.

"you get to kill him love" he says taking out the gun from his pant belt and handing me it.

"you're funny," I say lightly smiling before I look at his serious face "...no!no I'm not doing it, not with a gun," I say rejecting the offer and he just shrugs.

"prefer a knife," he says taking out a pocket knife from his inner pocket from his jacket and handing it to me.

"I'm serious, I'm not killing him. that would make me a murderer," I tell him and he just groans and sinks his body "what?  won't I get sent to prison? wouldn't I get in trouble?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"love, the cops fear us. the only way we keep this place running is because we get half or more of their money. which let's be honest, they don't deserve that much money" he says and I agree with him "so don't worry darling. you won't get sent to prison, plus I would never rat you out." he says handing me the gun and I'm hesitant "look I would gladly kill him but..I've always found joy or how do you say it, satisfaction from it... thought this would be like a relief for you considering"

"well like, I don't know..that'd make me a killer," I say and he just sighs.

"fine whatever" I say before taking the gun, we walk over to him and harry starts to take off the chains from his hands. before I see his hands are free and harry's holding his hands behind his back. I mean I've never killed anyone but maybe it will bring me relief, some peace, or justice? then again death is way too kind for him. 

before I could even blink he had harry in a chokehold and started to choke him.

"how do you have so much energy!" I yell at him and he just laughs and starts to choke harry more and more. harry's real struggling right now "okay okay, just let him go!" I yell and he just laughs.

"beg" he demands.

"no," I say in disgust before he chokes harry harder "okay okay jesus.." before I could even talk he interrupts me. 

"get on your knees and beg" he says before taking out the knife from harry's pocket and holding it against his neck.

"okay okay! just let him go! don't hurt him please" I yell as I start to go down on my knees.

"I know you wanted it all those times" he talks I get down on my knees and I put the gun down on the floor next to me. his voice and words enraging me even more. if he keeps talking I won't feel bad he's dead. 

everyone who says that a survivor of rape 'enjoyed it' or 'wanted it' is the most horrible humans in the world and they deserve to die. 

I grab the gun and stand up "shutup! I did not want it nor did I enjoy it!" I say before pointing the gun at him "I cried hysterically every time you did or anyone did that to me! I did not want it!" I said yelling as they both look at me. 

I close my eyes before I'm about to shoot I hear Harry's strained voice yell.

"don't close your eyes dumbass" he says strained.

"shit, right sorry" I say before I open one eye and shot-making me grunt a little at the force it gave me back. I was hoping it didn't hit harry and hit him. 

I open my eyes to no one there anyone, a body thudding, and harry bending down and coughing like crazy like how he choked me. I crouch down to harry to try and see if Harry was fine. I put the gun down beside him with my shaky hands. 

"don't look at him," he said looking up at me while I had my hands on his back. I do as he says and look at harry instead. he looked at my shaky hands before I heard his voice, rough and raspy "it's normal to have shaky hands...I would be worried if you didn't"

"I don't feel relieved he's dead...I thought I would" I said as harry kept trying to get air. 

"Sorry," he said before I shook my head. what would I tell Alex? I can't just not tell her, she'll know somethings up with me and I'm not a good liar with her. 

she hates killers with a burning passion. probably because her dad died from one of them at the grocery store. her and her dad were really close. it was his day off and he went to the grocery store after he dropped of alex at school. he was about to pay when the shooting happened. he was trying to protect the pregnant lady and they shot him instead. Alex never told me a lot about it, but there were news reports on it and articles that would just pop up on my phone. pretty sure I know more about his death than she does. after that her mom became overalls obsessive and started to use drugs.

we started to walk back to his house through an alleyway that leads to the backyard of his house. I saw the familiar house starting to get closer before I spoke quietly "hey uh, what did you mean last time when you said 'im always fine'" 

he shrugs before he opened the door and let me go first "I don't know, pretty self-explanatory isn't it?" no, no it's not harry.