Chapter 58

I decide to start with my lower body. I put on music and start with cardio. I've made a playlist of energizing songs and I want to turn the speed of the treadmill up but I know I should start slowly. I start jogging and put the speed up a bit so I can jog properly.

As I'm working out more and more people start working out as well. I move on to the leg curl. I walk to the machine and almost bump into someone. "Oh sorry!" I say immediately as it was probably my fault, I was listening to music and I wasn't really paying attention to people around me.

I really like this machine, I do three sets of ten. It's not difficult and fun to do. I look up when I notice to feet on the ground in front of the machine. I look up and find the face of my trainer. "Hey Kayla!" He says when I look to his face. "Hey! Yeah I'm back! Finally.." He laughs and crouches next to me. "Yeah! I missed you here, where were you?"

Matthew is my trainer for over two, maybe three years now. He really motivated me and helped me getting into this. "I was with my boyfriend and two friends at a festival and the week before that I just didn't had any time! But I'm here today." He laughs and looks at me doing the last ten times. He walks next to me and puts his hand on my lower back. "Keep your back straight." He says and I straight it. He walks back a bit and nods satisfied.

I'm done and walk to the leg press machine. When I sit down Matthew changes the weight to 5 pounds lighter. I look questionable at him and he explains it. "You better do 10 like this and then 20 with 10 pounds heavier than 30 with the weight between it." I nod and start.

I drink some water and look at the clock. I get surprised by it, because it's half past 1 already. That means I've been in the gym for 5 hours. That's insane. I didn't even notice it! I did everything three times slower but still.. And I haven't even done my arms and abs yet. I quickly get started with my abs by doing 4 sets of 20 crunches. Then I do leg raises even though I absolutely hate them.

I start doing my arms by doing 3 sets of 5 tricep dips. Then I plank for one and a half minute although that isn't even a part of my arm exercises. Matthew walks towards me again when I'm about to start doing I do 2 sets of 10 push-ups. He gives me tips now and then, but he mainly just observes. I finished them but before I get up Matthew starts talking. "Seven more." He says and I sigh. "Seven? Really?" He nods and I start doing them.

"Come on, only three!" My arms are feeling like straws and they're shaking. "I can't!" I say as I do one more push-up. "Only two, think of your boyfriend, you need to do this last one or he will date someone else." Before I know I do the last two in a quick speed with the last remaining bit of energy I have. "Okay that was scary.." He laughs and I laugh with him.

"You're done now or?" I shrug, I've done every single machine in here, what's absolutely insane. It's something like half past 3. I'm just not really tired as I did everything in a slow speed today and with a lot of breaks. "I think so." I say and he gestures me to come with him. I walk to his little office and sit down on the armrest of the tiny black couch.

"You asked me about having a scheduled workout every week?" I nod. I want to have a day I need to come so I need to go and I will keep on going. "Okay sure, every Wednesday?" He asks and I nod. "Yes that's fine." I saw a video of a couple work out yesterday and it seemed so much fun. I remember Joe coming over tomorrow and can ask him tomorrow. "And can I maybe bring my boyfriend with me sometimes?" Matthew winks quickly. "Everything for you."

I walk back to the changing room. When I walk up the stairs a boy runs towards me. "Hey! Uh, this may sound weird as I'm a boy. I watch Joe's videos and I saw you, could I take a picture please?" I nod and smile. "Yeah sure!" We walk to the mirror on the wall which is actually meant for when you're doing weights.

I throw my hoodie and water bottle away. I stand next to him. I wrap my arm around his shoulders and he lets his hand rest on hip. I turn a bit towards him and make a funny face. I pout my lips a bit and look at him while he makes the picture. "Thank you!" I step back and grab my hoodie and bottle again. "No problem! Send me that picture!" I smile and start walking backwards to the changing room. "I will!" As soon as he starts walking away as well, I turn around and enter the changing room.

I open the door to the living room and throw my bag on the floor. "I'm back!" I scream but I don't hear Zoe answering. I close the door behind me. I grab my phone and ring Zoe. "Hey where are you?" I ask when Zoe answer her phone. "Oh sorry! I'm with Alfie! I'm going to stay over here as well, if that's okay with you. I don't know if you want to go to Joe tonight or stay home, but you can choose that yourself!" I sigh and laugh. "No sure, have fun! I'll ask Joe, even though I'm not sure he's able to come, but that has nothing to do with you. Well okay, bye then!"

I scroll through my Twitter mentions and I find the tweet of the guy in the gym. I quickly click on the picture. I look at my stomach, I'm happy this was after working out, now is my body looking alright for once. I'm surprised by myself, I actually like this picture of myself and I'm in only in my sports bra. I read the tweet he wrote.

"Bumped into this beauty! It was lovely to meet you! @kayla_horwitz"

I laugh and retweet the tweet. I actually like this picture. I click on the tweet to read other people's reactions about the picture. They are all tweeting about 'body goals' and I shake my head. They can act so exaggerated! Then I see a reaction I don't like, at all;

@jasmine1992_xo: "@kayla_horwitz you are standing way too close to that boy.. Don't act like a slut honey. You have a boyfriend now.."

I raise my eyebrows and decide to ignore her, it's not true right? It's just a freaking picture. It doesn't matter what I post, I'll get hate anyway. If this is the only thing they say I'm fine with it. I start reading tweets on my timeline when I see Joe tweeting as I've my notifications on for Joe. I click on the popup. He has tweeted to that person..

@joe_sugg: "@jasmine1992_xo hiya, it's funny because she's MY girlfriend, not yours. I don't mind her taking a picture with a boy so, you don't need to interfere with us."

I start laughing about Joe's comment. I love how Joe can make me laugh every time. I realize this means Joe has seen the picture of me in a sports bra. Oh wait, that doesn't matter anymore, does it? I shake my head and laugh about myself being stupid.

I open the fridge to make myself some dinner. I grab my phone while looking in the fridge. I double tap the home button, scroll through my 'favorite' contacts and click on Joe's picture. It's just a 'stupid' picture he's made on my phone and I actually quite like it. He often makes these random pictures of himself on my phone. I start ringing him and put the phone on the speaker. I grab the milk to look behind it. "Hi Kay!" He has answered his phone. I close the fridge again, I can't find anything I want. "Hey Joseph! How was your day?"

I like to listen to Joe telling me about his meeting. "So that was pretty cool." He say when he has finished. "Anyway what did you do today?" I think and realize I actually only went to gym today. "I went to the gym from half past 8 to half past 4.." I hear Joe laughing quite hard. "You're not serious are you?! You little weirdo!"

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But Joe.. I don't have anything to eat and I can't stand it." I'm walking back to the kitchen. I don't know if this is just me, but when I'm calling I can't stay still. I'm always walking around. "I can bring you food if you want? I'm actually going home in a few minutes and I'm quite close to Brighton.." I make an excited noise. I don't know if that's because I'll get food or seeing Joe again. Okay no, definitely the last one. "Could you please?"