Chapter 22

"Are you two serious?" I look surprised to Joe who nods with a big smile on his face. "Alright then.. This is so awkward!" I turn my body toward Caspar and this way I've one leg on the left side of Caspar's lap and the other leg on the other side. I sit up and look to Caspar. "Let's fix this Caspar. Okay just imagine a pretty girl." He wipes along my cheek. "I already see one." I see Joe being worried, and I've to hold my laugh.

"You're cute Caspar." I see Joe looking protective and all. Caspar tries not to laugh because of Joe and due to his half laughing face I fail and laugh a bit. It feels super awkward, but I'm not going back. He lifts my chin and leans in. I close my eyes and hope for the best. He kisses me and he can kiss better than I expected to be honest. We pull back quickly.

I laugh and wrap my arms around his neck and Caspar pulls me in for a hug. "Happy Joe?" I ask and Caspar laughs. Joe shakes his head. "No." He says and laughs. Before I know Caspar pushes me away and kisses Joe quickly. "Caspar!" I put my hand over my mouth and start laughing about Joe's surprised face. "That was the most terrible kiss I've ever had."

Zoe walks into the room. "I'm back!" I poke Joe and raise my eyebrows. He sighs deeply and laughs. "Alright then. But after this we're even?" I nod and he gets of the couch. He walks to Zoe and gives her a quick kiss. Caspar yells some wooh noises and I whistle. Joe pulls back and laughs.

"What the fuck?" Zoe's looking so confused. Caspar pushes me off the couch to hint that I've to kiss her too. "No, I've kissed you already, I think that's enough." Zoe's eyes are wide open. "What is happening here?! Are you all drunk?"

"Bye Caspar! I expect that video tomorrow night!" He shakes his head. "Never! Maybe next week." I wave. "Bye!" I walk inside where Joe and Zoe are sitting on the couch again. Joe's staying over again. I smile while just thinking about it. I really don't want Joe to go back to his apartment again. After an hour of watching TV, Zoe goes to bed.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" He asks and I nod. We walk through the streets of Brighton. "It's actually really beautiful, don't you think?" He nods. I'm feeling cold but I don't want him to notice. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and notices it by feeling goosebumps.

"Here." He pulls his sweater off and gives it to me. "Are you sure?" I ask. He nods and I put it on. "It's way too big." I laugh and look at Joe who's smiling at me.
"I like it better on you. I think it's cute.."

I smile to him. "Relationship goals." I say teasingly, but I mean it someway. We walk past a group of people. He softly grabs my hand and hold it. I feel my cheeks turning a little red, not of embarrassment, but because of.. I don't know.. Something else.

We walk through the streets of Brighton and watch to the stars. We walk into a field with a couple trees. "Come.." I follow him. We walk past the trees and we come in a open field with a little lack.

"Wow this is amazing!" I walk to the water. I've never seen this place. "Do you take all your girlfriends to this place?" He shakes his head. "Only the special ones." Joe winks quickly. "You're funny." I say quite sarcastic and poke him softly. "If you did, you would still have your ex girlfriend. This is place is absolutely beautiful.."

He walks to me and stops close behind me. My heart starts beating really fast. He puts his hands for my eyes. "What do you see?" He whispers in my ear. "Nothing, really. Your hands are before my eyes."

"What you can't see doesn't mean it isn't there. What you want see, can be there for a moment because you don't see a fact against it. This way, you can say what you think you see, but also what you want to see. That makes this place even more beautiful than it is already." I wonder where this words came from. I start imagining.

"I see the lack, and the stars. Some are shining brighter then others. And the moon, and the reflection in the lack and I see you.." He moves his hands away from my eyes and hugs me from behind. He leans with his head on my shoulder. "Can you realize how beautiful it is when here is snow?" I nod slowly. After a minute just standing there, loving the view, I turn around slowly.

"Joe, why are you so perfect to me?" The familiar smile I feel in love with appears on his face. "Why are you treating me like this? I so feel special being loved by you. Why do I deserve this?" He slowly grabs my hands and holds them.

"Don't start this again Kayla.." I shrug, I can't help thinking about it. "I can't treat you this perfect back, because I'm not perfect myself. I can try but I can't ever. It's nor fair to you Joe.. Why did you decide to love me instead of someone else who's better?"

He squeezes my hands a bit. "I didn't choose you, I fell for you, that wasn't a choice. And I'd actually chosen to stop loving you, remember? But I failed big time." I smile to him. I don't know how someone can be this perfect.

"I can ask you the exact same thing though. Why do you even like me? I'm far from perfect. I'm so incredibly lucky with you, honestly.." He runs his hand through my hair. "I don't deserve this, I don't deserve you, Joe." I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me back. "I understand you think that, because I think exactly the same.. But I think we deserve each other and that's why we're together."

I close my eyes and just enjoy this moment. Joe's strong arms around me and his muscled body in my arms. "You're amazing Kayla." I smile a bit. "You'r..." I start but he cuts me off. "No, I don't need compliments, I just need you." He pulls his arms back and raises one of his hands. "Come with me."

He walks closer to the lack and I follow him. We sit down on the ground. After a moment we lay down, with my head on his chest. "Joe, I was just wondering.." He shakes his head. "No."

I'm confused but I'm quiet. I slide with my head to his arm and lay with my head next to his head, with his arm still around me. The stars are shinning brightly. I sigh and close my eyes.

I open my eyes. I immediately regret it and close them quickly again because of the fell light. Joe is out of bed already. I turn around and turn my head away from the light of the window. I think back to last night.

Joe's half naked body in the glistering lack. Smiling and waving. "Come on!" I have been running to him in just in my underwear and bra. The water was so cold, but beautiful. Joe, smiling and lifting me up in the water. Us, kissing in the lack, the cold water between us, but still feeling the warmth of his body.

"Kayla?" Zoe interrupts my thoughts and walks into the room. "Joe and I are going to Bath, we'll come back tomorrow. Caspar had called, asking if he could join you here. He's here in an hour." I nod. I throw my blankets away. "Have fun in bath!" I hug her quick and I run in my morning looks to Joe. "I'm sorry, I'm really not looking the best I can, but you have to love me in this condition too." I laugh. "Of course I do." He kisses me on my head.

"Have fun with Caspar and don't do any weird things together. O god, I really sound like your dad now. I'd love to stay here, but we have to go... Bye my morning sunshine." He turns away and before I know he and Zoe have leave the apartment. I walk to the bathroom to have a shower. I've to get ready in an hour.