Chapter 64

I wake up by my alarm going off. I thought I would be really tired but I'm not, weirdly enough. I'm able to get out of bed immediately. I'm feeling really excited. I snooze my alarm and I grab the clothes I've chosen yesterday already. It's my Trxye jumper, light blue jeans and my, black with a flower pattern, Vans. I don't really mind how I look like, I just want comfy clothes. I walk with my clothes to the bathroom and I will shower really quick. I don't want to be late for once. I'm always late for everything.

I've finished showering and I've put on my clothes already. I quickly blow dry my hair and do my makeup. I only put on a little bit of mascara, but it's barely worth the effort of opening the mascara. I look at my wrist. My cuts are all healing, they're still visible but they aren't that red and they aren't bleeding anymore, obviously, but I'm happy it's healing. I don't want Joe to notice and I don't want to hide it the next two weeks. It's actually pretty warm there, like at least 20 degrees Celsius every day and some days will be 28 degrees. I don't want to walk around in jumpers all holiday.

"Kay?!" Joe's voice echoes through the apartment and my heart makes a little jump. "Yes! Wait!" I quickly put my bowl in the dishwasher. I'm happy Zoe will come back here when we're in America. I quickly leave the kitchen and almost bump into Joe, who's standing only two inches away from me again. We both don't do anything for a moment. As soon as I want to say something, I feel his lips on mine. I run my hand through his hair and pull back slowly. "Hi you too." I say laughingly. He smiles and quickly wipes along my jawline with the back of his hand. "Ready?" I nod and walk to bedroom to grab my stuff.

I film Joe being weird with the suitcases. I laugh about it but I try to make as less noise as I can make as I hate my own laugh. "Come Kay! We've to check in!" The airport is not that busy at this time of the day. It's only 6 am or something like that. The plane will leave a quarter past 8. I hate that you always have to wait two hours.

"Thank you!" Joe takes his passport back and walks past the security guy as well. We have to let our handbags check and we have to be checked ourselves. The line is gone already. "Oops we're late." Jo laughs and walks to the security people. "Please empty your pockets and put your jacket in this please." The guy gives Joe two buckets made of plastic to put his stuff in.

Joe starts emptying his pockets and puts it all in the buckets in front of him. His vlogging camera, wallet, iPod, keys, his iPhone, and weirdly enough mine as well, and his earphones down in front of him. He has to put his MacBook into the bucket as well and same to his filming camera. I put my stuff in the same bucket. My iPod, earphones, wallet, my camera, my MacBook and keys.

The security guy starts laughing. Joe raises his eyebrows. "What's wrong?" Joe asks. The security guy shakes his head. "Nothing, it's just funny how many electronics you two have with you!" I smile and Joe shrugs. "I'm very social." The security guy laughs again and walks away to check our stuff. I laugh and so does Joe. "We've made his day better, I'm sure."

I grab Joe's hand who pulls me through the group of people who're all standing in the aisle of the plane. "Go ahead." Joe gestures to the seat where I should sit. "But that's your seat?" He smiles bit. "I know how much you like sitting next to the window." I laugh and sit down on the seat. "You know me too well." I laugh and Joe sits down next to me.

I feel excited and a bit anxious but I won't let myself have a panic attack on the plane. I look out of the window and see that the plane starts riding. I look at Joe who smiles at me. "Have you flown often before?" I shake my head. "I think maybe 5 times, I don't think that's often." I laugh and look out of the window again. I feel his hand on my shoulder. I'm really excited for this random trip.

It's a 24 hour flight to LA. I look out of the window and cloud underneath us. It's so pretty when the sun is shining on it. I can watch out of the window the whole flight if I would like to. I sit back and turn around to Joe. "You're enjoying it?" I nod quickly. "Yes, really." He smiles and leans against the back of the chair. I grab my phone to make a cool picture of the clouds for on Instagram.

We've flown for 17 and a half hours now. It's a quarter to two in the morning uk time. I pull my knees up to my chin and put my head on Joe's shoulder. Joe's doing something on his phone. I don't understand how he isn't tired yet. I close my eyes and sigh. Joe's shoulder is actually really comfortable to sleep on..

"..with Caspar this happens as well." I open my eyes a bit. I see Joe vlogging. "Oh hi." I say still feeling sleepy. "Hey Kay." He laughs and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "You've slept for solid 6 hours on my shoulder, we only have 1 hour left of the flight." I raise my eyebrows. "Wow, it felt like 30 minutes, really." He laughs and squeezes me a bit. I lift my head and put my hand on his shoulder. "Sorry shoulder, I didn't mean to lay on you for 6 hours." Joe laughs about it. "And sorry to you as well, that you could barely move for these 6 hours Joe." He smiles and and shakes his head a bit. "It's okay, honestly. I've been sleeping as well." He laughs and gives me a quick kiss me on my head. "You were very cute when you were asleep."

I look out of the window and look at America underneath us, it looks so cool. I hear the voice of the air hostess; "Ladies and Gentlemen, as we have commenced our final descent into Los Angeles, would you kindly return to your seat, fasten your seat belts and return your seat to the fully upright position and ensure that your tables are stowed..."

I look at Joe who smiles at me. "I'm happy for you that you didn't get a panic attack." He mentions and looks away from me again. How did he know I was afraid of getting a panic attack? He probably just guessed. After a couple minutes, what felt like ages, the plane has landed and is riding to the airport where we can get out of the plane. I'm happy to be able to walk more than 10 few feet to the toilet. Everyone stands up to leave the plane and so does Joe. He raises his hand to me to pull me up from the chair. I put my hand in his and in a moment I stand next to Joe. It's still so busy as everyone wants to leave as soon as possible. Joe waits a second and then he pulls me to the aisle. He has my handbag as well and he knows exactly what's the quickest way to walk past the people who're still packing their handbags.

We walk out of the plane and I'm happy I have some space to walk now. Joe slowly lets my hand go. I raise it immediately as a gesture he can give my bag back. He gives it to me and I take it. "When we will walk out of the airport hall it will be warm at once." He says and I immediately believe him. I've no idea, I've never been to LA. I've been to New York with Lia once, but other than that I've never been to America at all.

We grab our suitcases and walk away from the crowd of people who're still searching for their bags. I happily run a bit closer to Joe who's a few feet in front of me and stop running when I'm next to him. "I'm so excited!" He laughs and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "So am I."

"Three, two, one.." We run out of the airport hall and Joe was right, it's a lot warmer at once. It feels funny. Joe points to a cap and walks towards it. We get into it and Joe tells the driver where he has to go. He sits back next to me and looks teasingly at me. "What?" I ask and he laughs. He quickly grabs the Starbucks cup out of my hand and drinks out of it. And yes I did get a Starbucks in the first few minutes we're here. "I thought you didn't like coffee?" I ask laughingly. He swallows it with a lot of effort and pulls a disgusted face. "I don't indeed." I laugh about him and offer him the coffee again. He shakes his head and grabs his camera out of his pocket. "Day 9 of vlogmas! And we're in America! I kinda forgot to tell you all, but I'm in LA with this one." He turns the camera around and films me for a second. I wave happily to the camera and laugh. "Hey!"

"We're in a cap to the house we're going to stay." He looks at me for a moment. "She's no idea what it looks like." He laughs and I realize I actually don't know. I want to know it now. As I want to ask him I realize my sleeves aren't covering my cuts anymore and I really hope they aren't visible on the camera, because then everyone will find out. I quickly pull my sleeves down, I need to find a way to see this footage before Joe does with editing. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that.