Chapter 44

I think back to when we broke up and I immediately get tears in my eyes. "Oh Kayla.." He gives me a tight hug. "We were together for two years, and then he just.. He just broke up because he liked another girl he met somewhere, of course. I don't understand why guys are always jerks. You can't just dump a girl and be with another the next day?" Well, that's what I think.

Joe kisses me on my head and wipes with the tops of his fingers along my jawline. "I'm a jerk as well." He says jokingly and I laugh a bit about him, I love how he'a always able to make me smile. "It's okay I think. If he never broke up with me I wouldn't be with you now, so it's actually really good he did. But the way he broke up, that hurts." Joe nods and I'm sure he understands, but he obviously can't imagine how it really felt. "Did you? Did you ever had a bad breakup?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, I luckily never had."

We ended up laying on the couch the rest of the evening. I enjoy these kind of evenings maybe more than a night out. "Kay?" I nod as much as I can, but my head barely moves as I lay on Joe's arm. "It's almost 11 pm already, I'll stay over. I don't think Caspar would mind. Can I have a shower first?" I nod and sit up. I move out of Joe's way. "We are boring, but I love us." He bends down and kisses me on my head.

I see Joe walking away to get a shower. I think back to earlier this evening. I really didn't mind about Joe touching me. Maybe I changed? I feel so comfortable with Joe. He wouldn't mind my imperfections, would he? He has already seen them. I really want to walk to Joe now, but I feel already nervous by only thinking about it.

I walk to the bathroom. I got myself together. I stop just for the door. I put my hand on the door handle, but I can't make myself actually opening the door. "Gosh, Kayla." I mumble and I doubt for another moment. My heart is beating really fast. I shake my head and turn around to walk into the bedroom. "I'm in bed already!" I scream to Joe.
I'm so weird.

I change my clothes for my pjs and get into the bed. I just stare at the ceiling for a couple minutes. Thoughts are running through my head but I don't mind them. I just let them be there. The door of the bedroom opens and Joe walks in with his clothes in his hands and only towel around him. "I forgot.. Yeah." He laughs and throws his cloth on the floor.

He looks so incredibly hot, I can't deny it. "You didn't brought clothes with you did you?" He laughs harder and nods his head. "You're not only boring, also silly." I remark teasingly. He pulls a sarcastic smile on his face and shakes his head at the same time. "So much love back."

He kisses in the air and I act like I catch it and put it in my pocket. "Thanks! By the way, I have enough shirts of you and I bet I have a pair of your sweatpants here as well. You messy boy." He shakes his head and search for it. He found them and looks at me. I realize he's going to change and put my hands over my eyes. "I won't look!" He's quiet for a while. "But I don't care if you see.." I hear him running to me. "Ah Joe no!"

I really don't want him to jump naked on me and I'm really relieved when I feel that he already put on his sweatpants. "You thought I was going to jump naked on you just then, didn't you?" I open my eyes while laughing and find Joe - still - half naked on me. He kisses me and gets of the bed again. "I shouldn't make fun of this." He laughs and shakes his head. "Sometimes I'm a little.." He says and I finish sentence. "Sexual." He suddenly turns around.

"You're asking for it now!"

I open my eyes and it's still pitch black. I haven't heard Zoe and Alfie coming home. When my eyes are used to the dark I look next to me where Joe's laying on his back. His hair is really messy. I laugh really soft when I see that his shirt is shifted upwards. I touch with the top of my finger his stomach and look to his face. It doesn't change and I slowly move my finger over his stomach.