Chapter 42

"Come we have to get out of the tube too." We get out and we walk over the platform. "Yeah," Joe points to the iPhone 6 advert. "It's life sized." I frown and he says it again. "The iPhone 6 is as big as that advert." I pull a sarcastic 'are you serious'-face. "That is a really bad joke Joe.."

We have to wait 20 minutes before the train because we were just too late for the other train. "I'm hungry, are you?" I nod and he looks around. "We can get food over there?" He points to a shop where they sell bread with different toppings. "Sure!" We walk to that place. I watch Joe choosing his food. He grabs one of the shelf and looks at me. "You're able to choose one yourself, aren't you?" He says when he notices me staring at him and laughs. "You look like we just started dating!" He remarks and I quickly look away from Joe. I'm still wondering if it's true what Noor said. I choose one of the shelf and walk to Joe who's talking to the woman behind the cash. "May I have this as well?" He points to a drink on the menu. Then he looks at me and I quickly shake my head. "I'm not thirsty." I say and Joe gives the money to the lady.

I grab my food and look behind me to find a table. I see one and I wait for Joe to follow me. We walk to the table and we sit down. "Joe?" He looks up from from his food and looks at my face. He smiles and his happy eyes cross mine. "Yeah?" I smile back. "I love you." He start smiling even bigger. "I love you even more." He lifts his hand and moves it closer to mine. He draws a line with his finger over my hand. I shake my head. I know that can't be true, but I won't say it because he won't admit it anyway. "Joe?" Joe is taking his food out of the plastic and looks up again because I said his name. "I want you to know that you make me really happy. I wish I could make you as happy as you do.." He puts his hand on mine and I slowly look from his hand to his face. He just looks at me for a moment. "You can't ever, yes I mean ever, imagine how happy you make me Kayla." I smile a bit, I wish I could believe that.

He lifts up my chin with the back of his hand so I look at him again. "Kayla, I looked back at the footage from the prank. You said I made you feel special and that I could be that one who you want to be with the rest of your life. That was honestly the sweetest thing ever, you know." I nod and smile a bit. I forgot about that prank. "But it's true though. You're the only one who makes me feel special and I can't imagine being without you anymore." Joe doesn't respond to what I just said. "I think that can actually be true, that you are the one I'll be with the rest of my life." My heart makes a little jump. This is the cutest thing ever. My eyes start tearing a bit, but I'm not going to cry, not now. I blink a few times to stop my tears.

"Joe.. I told them, about us, and now everyone on Twitter knows. They're all tweeting me and indirecting. And they're also tweeting you. I don't want them to tweet you? They aren't nice.. I don't want them to affect you.." Joe smiles a bit. "Don't worry. First of all, I don't mind about hate that much anymore. You should know how much hate I get. And second, I'm half of this relationship remember? Of course I should get tweets too. I rather have them tweeting me." He sighs soft and pulls his hand back.

"What's wrong Joe?" His face stands all sad and I really want his smile back. "I just.. I don't want you to get hate. I'm scared you will get affected by it, too much. So much that you rather break up. I would understand that anyway. I'm scared." I understand what he's thinking and I'm scared of it too but I won't tell him. "Come." I get of my chair and stand next to Joe. I raise my hand to Joe who didn't move. "Come come." He slowly puts his hand on mine and looks from my hand to my face.

Joe stands up and looks around him. I follow his eyes and see everyone is looking at us, but I can't be bothered. I give him a tight hug. "I won't ever leave you as I promised." He pulls back a bit. "Kayla. I just.. I know you will get affected by it. The last thing I want is you being unhappy." I shake my head a bit and touch his jawline with the tops of my fingers. "As long as I'm with you.. I am happy."

We walk to the right platform and we have been sitting at the food place way too long and we missed the second train as well, but now we only have to wait 5 minutes for the next train. Joe slowly grabs my hand while walking. I look up and see a little smile on Joe's face. I think he knows I'm looking at him but he acts like he doesn't. He knows that I think it is super cute when guys do that. "Joe?!"

We both turn around as we hear it. A girl runs towards us. I automatically let his hand go, but Joe holds it tight and is definitely not going to let it go. I look from my hand to the girl who running towards us to his face and he just smiles. "Joe.." He tenses his lips for a moment and lets my hand go.

"Can we please have a picture?" Joe nods and turns towards the girl. "Sure!" They make a picture and hug. As I think she's going she looks at me. "Would you mind to take a picture with me and Joe?" I shake my head and raise my hand to take her phone so I can make a picture. "No silly, to join the picture." The girl says laughingly and I look awkwardly to Joe who has a big smile on his face. I stand next to her and smile. I hope I look a bit normal in this picture.

The girl is away already and Joe's just smiling at me. "Why are you looking at me like this? Yes I misunderstood, I know. Stop!" I laugh but Joe continues looking at me. "Joe, you're making me blush! Stop!" He laughs a bit and puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me against him.

"Thank you." I frown, why did he just thank me? We walk to the bench on the platform and as we sit down I ask him. "Why did you just thank me?" He smiles and sit down closer to me. "For you being with me." Joe confuses me a lot. "How can you be thankful for that? I should be."

Joe runs his hand quickly through his hair. "Just think of it, I bet you've heard from at least one person today something nice about your looks." I nod and smile. "Yeah from you, multiple times multiple times actually." I joke and he pushes soft against my shoulder and waits for a better answer. "Yeah, alright, uhm. That guy in that cute shop.. And a few girls who I met today. Oh yes. Well they just say it to make me happy, they probably tell everyone!" Joe shakes his head. "Nope."

I look up from the ground to Joe and, surprisingly, I find a unhappy face. "No Joe.. What did I say wrong?" He shakes his head. "Nothing, only the chance is of loosing you is so big and I just thought of that." I frown and shake my head. I want to tell him that he's wrong but he doesn't let me speak. "You're so cute Kayla. You are absolutely stunning. You have everything a guy can ask for and why would you even choose me when you could have almost every man in this country?!"

"Joseph Sugg." I get a little.. Well not annoyed but I just cannot understand him. "Don't even dare to think that again. First of all, I am not cute. And I'm especially not stunning. Look at me. I can literally cry about my face. I'm surprised by actually having one person who likes me, let alone every man in the UK! And second, I don't want to have any man from the UK. You are everything I want."

He smiles but clearly doesn't believe me. "Joe, come on. Okay I'll tell you my story, and I never thought of telling you this. I'm scared okay? Every day. Every day I'm scared of losing you. I'm scared of fans. Yes fans. And I'll tell you why. Every time I see them, in real life or on a selfie, there are so many cute people and some are absolutely gorgeous. If you even say hi to them, they will fly to England from all over the world to be your girlfriend. You can choose between millions of girls, literally! And you know I don't like myself, I don't like my face and neither my body. I'm not perfect. And some people on Twitter are. I just.. I don't know, you have to blink and you can have another girlfriend, someone better. And that scares me, a lot."

Joe has been listening to me without saying a word. "So Joe, please don't ever say you're scared of losing me again, because I need to be scared. I need to be scared to lose you, every, freaking, day." He gently grabs my wrist and looks at me. "You don't need to be, really. I understand you are and understand everything you said but in my eyes you are gorgeous. No, you're not perfect, of course you're not, but believe me, you are pretty damn close to it."