Chapter 28

Half a week has past and Joe has been too busy come over or hang out at his place. I turn around to watch the time. It's 2 am already. I turn around again. I can't sleep, again. And there isn't a obvious reason that causes it, like worrying. I close my eyes and everything is annoying. The duvet is annoying me and my shirt isn't comfortable anymore. I turn around again. My hair is a complete mess and that annoys me too.

I decide to scroll through my timeline then. I made a 'fan account' for Joe a few weeks ago. I wanted to talk with people without them know that I know Joe and Zoe in real life. The two sisters from Australia are tweeting super active now. It's 2 am here, that means it's 1 pm there.

@littlesuggx: "@deyesofsugg Hiya! I'm so tired but I'm not sleeping x"

I immediately get a reply of Hanna, saying I have to put my phone away. I tweet her; "Okay, I promise, have fun today x" and I want to close the Twitter app. Then I see Joe tweeting.

@joe_sugg "Just came back from Manchester! That city is craaazzy! I loved meeting y'all!"

I forgot. Joe had a meeting with fans today. I wonder how meetings go. Of course, I can watch his videos, but I don't want to stalk my boyfriend on YouTube. I know I promised Hanna to go sleep but I want to reply to Joe. I quickly change account.

@Kayla_xlia: "@joe_sugg how was your day there? X"

I'm wondering if the people will treat different after the video, which will go public in three weeks I think. Joe already has videos planned for the coming two weeks. I'm getting so nervous about it. What if people will hate on me? Or worse, what if they honestly dislike me? I click on Joe's account to distract myself and scroll through his tweets. I might be the only one, but I read every tweet read of Joe in his voice.

Incoming call of Joe Sugg.

Why is he calling me? It's 2 am? I click on accept and put my phone next to my ear. "Hi.." I whisper, I don't want to wake Zoe. "Kitkat!" He almost shouts and I laugh softly. "Zoe is sleeping already. That's why I'm whispering." I explain and Joe reacts with shouting hi to Zoe.

"Just kidding. But hey, how are you?" His voice turned into such a caring and familiar voice. I turn around to lay on my back and stare to the ceiling. "Okay, I guess. How was yours? Was your meeting good?" Joe starts rambling about the meeting. I close my eyes and just listen to his calm but excited voice voice.

I open my eyes but close them again because the fell light hurts. I quickly search for my phone with my eyes half closed, but I have to open them when I can't find it. I finally find it on the floor next the mattress. "Oh, I'm so lucky I don't sleep in a proper bed, otherwise I had to buy a new phone now.." I wonder why it's laying on the floor though.

I put on a sweater and put my hair in a messy ponytail. I walk - probably like a zombie - to the kitchen where Zoe greats me happy. "Hi! Slept well?" She asks and I only shake my head. I grab a bowl to put my breakfast in. "Kayla?" I close my eyes for a moment and ignore Zoe, I'm too tired. "Kayla?" Zoe repeats my name. "Yeah." I say to make her stop. "That isn't a bowl.."

"I'm so tired!" I say and sit down on the chair next to Zoe when I finally have my breakfast. "I can see that! Why?" I shrug and eat some of my breakfast. "I couldn't sleep last night, and then Joe called, and he talked about this day for a really, really long time." Zoe giggles and pushes her lips together. "Goals. Simply, goals." She says and walks while laughing away to put her bowl in the dishwasher.

"Zoe, can I ask you something?" Zoe nods and walks towards me. "Well, you know, that time with Caspar? When we kinda made out?" She nods and listens carefully. "Well, I haven't told Joe yet." Zoe closes her eyes for a moment and sighs soft. "You know how I think about it. He has the right to know it. And the longer you wait, the harder it will be." I nod and I realize I have to tell him.