Chapter 68

I run towards him and turn him around when I'm next to him. He has blood on his knees and elbows. He looks up a bit and I see that there's blood on his cheek as well, but I mainly see the look in his eyes, he's really in pain. "O my god Joe, I'm so sorry! I should have never distra.." I get interrupted by someone pulling me back, away from Joe.

I look up and find Jamie. "Joe?! Are you okay?!" She asks and Joe nods a bit. "Yeah.. Well no actually, I'm not but I will be.." Joe tries to sit up a bit and groans because of the pain. "Ah Joe, just stay here, I'll help you." She looks back at me and the hate in her eyes gives me the shivers.

"You should have never distracted him, did you want him to fall or something?! This is your fault!" I want to tell her off and that I'm his fucking girlfriend so she should go back to work really quickly but I back up a bit, this isn't about me now, Joe is in a lot of pain, I don't want to get into a fight now.

She turns around to Joe again and grabs his hand what makes me want to hit her right in her cute face. "You did it on purpose, didn't you?" She adds. I bite my lip a bit, I don't want to lose my temper. "No of course not.." I say softly, my voice is cracking a bit. But Jamie's right, it was my fault.

She chuckles a bit. "Of course you didn't." She says sarcastically and I decide not to react to that. I don't want to be annoying, I've done enough for no., I've made Joe fall of his board. Joe sits up a bit and groans again.

"Don't force yourself love." I say softly, trying to say it soft enough that Jamie won't react to it and hard enough for Joe to hear it. "Of course he won't." Mission failed. She says it with a lot of irritation in her voice. It seems like she's putting every tiny bit of irritation of her childhood into her answers towards me right now.

Joe sits fully now and looks at his bleeding knees and elbows. He puts his hand on his cheek, what must be hurting a lot. He groans when he touches it. He pulls his hand back and finds blood on his hand as well. "Oh great." He says and looks to Jamie. "Could I please sit in the café for a few minutes? Would you mind?" She shakes his head really quick. "Of course not!"

I get a bit closer to Joe again, I want to know how he is. I softly wipe his hair out of his face so it isn't on his wound anymore. Joe groans and I understand it hurts a lot. Jamie looks really mean at me and I lean back again, I expect a mean remark of her. "Don't interfere, you're only hurting him, you've done enough." Joe shakes his head and Jamie quickly looks back at Joe. "It's okay Kay.." He groans again when he tries to stand up.

I walk to Joe's skateboard which is laying in the sand, I don't want to hurt Joe anymore. I grab it and look back at Joe and Jamie. Jamie tries to help Joe to stand up. She puts his arm around his waist and tries to lift him. They managed to stand up. I walk back to them. Joe wraps his arm around her shoulders so he can lean on her while walking.

They're walking away from me and it hurts a lot, seeing Joe with Jamie and me standing here with Joe's board. I look at the ground where Joe has fallen on. I see some blood on the light stone. I put some sand over it so it doesn't seem like someone has been killed or someone is badly on her period. I sigh and follow Joe and Jamie to the café.

I open the door of the café and find Jamie cleaning Joe's knees with water as a lot of sand is in his wound. I'm not excited to walk to them and sit with them. Jamie hates me for some reason and I really don't like to hear her making these hateful remarks, they hurt.

I walk slowly closer to them. Joe notices me first and smiles a bit to me. I smile back, I'm happy he isn't mad at me. Jamie looks around and looks at me, and o my god, if a glance could kill.. My funeral would have been yesterday. I sit down next to Joe on the little couch behind the white table next to Joe. Jamie is sitting on the other side of the table, cleaning Joe's elbow.

"I'm sorry Joe, I didn't w.." And again I can't finish my sentence as Jamie interrupts me again. "You better be sorry, look what you've done." I bite my lip a bit and look down to my dark blue shorts. I don't know what hurts more, Jamie's glances and remarks or the fact that I've caused Joe's pain. I see Joe's hand sliding closer to mine and he puts his hand on mine. I smile a bit and look up to his face. "It wasn't your fault Kay." He smiles a bit and squeezes my hand softly.

"But it was her fault! If she didn't distract you, it wouldn't have happened." Joe shakes his head. "It isn't, I should have paid more attention to what I was doing." He says as relaxed as he always is. "But she.." Joe cuts her off. "It was NOT her fault Jamie." Joe sounds a bit pissed off now. Jamie acts like she's really into cleaning Joe's elbow.

"Can someone help me?" Jamie looks around. I follow her eyes and see a slightly older woman waiting for someone to take her order. "Sorry Joe I have to.." She points to the woman who's still waiting. Joe nods and Jamie puts the rag down, which she used to clean Joe's wounds. She walks away and I turn to Joe. "Sorry Joe, I shouldn't have distracted you.."

He shakes his head. "It's okay Kay, it wasn't your fault as I said before." I grab the rag which is a bit wet and look at Joe's face. He has a wound on his cheekbone. I touch his chin with the back of my hand and turn his head towards me. I try to clean his wound as soft as possible. He groans again but tries to smile straight afterwards. I stop a moment. "I don't want to hurt you Joe."

He laugh as bit. "I rather want you to hurt me than that Jamie does that." I smile a bit, I want to start complaining about Jamie, but I shouldn't it's about Joe. I wipe over his cheek and smile a bit. I slowly move my hand with the rag down and look in Joe's eyes.

I slowly lean in to kiss him. As soon as our lips touch he groans a bit. I pull back quickly. "Sorry, I don't w.." He bits his lower lip a bit and looks up to my eyes again. "Come here." I shake my head. "I don't want to hurt you Joe." He chuckles a bit. "If I could choose, I'm rather in pain." I smile a bit but I shake my head.

"I can't Joe." He raises his eyebrows. "You still have to make it up to me Kay." He smiles and leans in himself. I see it hurts him a lot and I decide to move closer to him then. I kiss him and I try not to hurt him. I pull back again and see him laughing, even though that hurts him too. "I love you Kay." I smile. "I love you more."

Jamie walks back to us and I sit back again. "Sorry, it took a little longer." She apologizes to Joe. Joe smiles and looks at me. "Oh it's okay, I've enjoyed myself in that time." I laugh and I look at Jamie who's looking pretty confused. "Are you okay now?" She asks and Joe nods.

"Thank you for being so nice Jamie." I almost choke, being nice and Jamie in one sentence. I chuckle a bit. Jamie gives me a really mean glance. "Could I please talk to you for a minute in private please?" She looks at me and I doubt. I look at Joe and then back at Jamie. Oh fuck it, I'll talk to her.

I get up and follow Jamie to the little room behind in the back of the café. "What the fuck are you doing?" She asks as soon as she closed the door behind her. "What?! Me? No, what are you doing?" I'm only with her in this room for a few seconds and I'm pissed off already.

"You said you are his friend right?" I nod slowly. "What the fuck, why are you being this into him then? Are you trying to steal him from me or something?!" I chuckle, she thinks I'm stealing him from her. "Jamie, love, how should I tell you this.."

"He's my boyfriend."

I know I shouldn't have said it this random, but the look in her eyes was totally worth it. "What the heck, you're absolutely the.. O my god. You better get out of the café now, and I rather don't want to see you again. Thank you." She starts pushing me out of the little room. "I would love to." I remark and Jamie closes the door quickly behind me. Joe looks so confused and surprised at me. I laugh and walk to him.

"I told her that you're my boyfriend." Joe laughs and raises his hand to me, I think so I pull him from the couch. "Finally!" He laughs. I grab his hand and instead of him trying to stand up he pulls me to him. I have to hold myself from bumping into him. He kisses me and laughs again. "You're a weird one."

I help Joe to get up and walk slowly with him out of the café. I see Jamie standing behind us, but I don't want to pay any attention to her anymore. I laugh and leave the café with Joe, hoping that we'll never come back here.