Chapter 56

"Hey there you are! I made dinner already! I only made it a minute ago so it's still warm." Zoe points to the kitchen with her fork. I laugh and walk to the kitchen where I see Zoe actually made me a proper dinner. "Thank you!" I grab the plate with food and walk back to the living room. "And? How was it? The festival?" She asks and I sit down next to her. I cross my legs and put my plate on my lap. "Kinda fun." We both laugh a bit. "No but serious!" I look up from my plate to Zoe. "I don't know. I normally hate festivals but it was fun this time. I kinda had a breakdown the second day but everything was fun."

I take a bit of my food on my fork and put it in my mouth. "Kayla, more details! A breakdown you said?" I nod and wait till my mouth is empty again. I don't even doubt about telling Zoe, I can tell her everything and I feel so comfortable with her lately.

"Well, you know.. I feel like I have to be a perfect girlfriend, because.. You probably won't understand as Joe's your brother, but he's like the goals as boyfriend, so I feel like I've to be perfect too and I hate myself for being imperfect. Joe thought it would be nice to let the fans say they liked me and I almost cried. Then I went back to the hotel room and everything became too much so I cried. Anyway, to make a long story short; I behaved like the worst girlfriend ever."

Zoe, who listened to me without saying a word looks quite surprised. "How?" She finally says, she's obviously thinking about it all. "Well, I acted rude to him, I feel so bad about that now.. I don't know what I actually did, but that doesn't matter though. I just feel like I'm so stupid that I have to compensate with something, I'm trying to be perfect but sadly enough I fail."

Zoe thinks for another moment and starts talking. "Listen, you don't need to be perfect. I know my brother, obviously. He isn't someone who gives up quickly." She stops talking for a moment.
"Okay here is the thing, he loves being single. That's why he didn't have a relationship for a long time. Believe me or not, but as soon as I saw you two the first evening I knew you were going to be his new weakness. Afterwards he told me he kinda liked you."

"Time past and I saw his crush becoming a big deal. He was 100% sure you didn't like him back and I was definitely not allowed to do anything what had to do with it. You know, when he didn't spoke to you for a few weeks after you two kissed and you asked me why? Well, Joe and I had a conversation just before that.."

I'm so confused by everything now. Apparently Zoe knew about our kiss. Apparently Zoe knew about Joe's crush. Apparently Zoe knew why he was down. She tells me about the conversation. "Well, he asked me why he wasn't good enough and so stupid. Why he couldn't be perfect. He told me he hated how he ruined everything." I have to keep my mouth closed. "But he is good enough and he is cute this stupid." I smile thinking about him being silly sometimes.

"And he's perfectly imperfect to me."

Zoe nods and smiles. "And do you realize he thought exactly the same as you?" I get confused and realize it's true. "And you basically just told yourself that you are thinking wrong yourself." I slowly nod my head. "But he is and I'm nkt, that's the difference. I can't believe he thought like this." I get confused by getting to know so much more about Joe, I didn't expect this at all.

"Back then," she continues, "I told him exactly the same. I told him that he would be perfect for you. That gave him a boost and he kissed you. Sadly enough he thought you liked Caspar and I didn't know different so I couldn't tell him wrong. We talked and I told him to think about this all, about you. I told him to go for it and ask you or to let you go."

"He chose for the last one."

"Well he tried, he obviously failed big time. He decided to ignore you, what was not the right way to be honest, but that doesn't matter. After that second kiss.." She pauses for a moment. "I don't know if I'm even allowed to tell you so much personal stuff." I nod my head quickly, I want to know everything now. I'm kinda confused that Zoe knows literally everything and even more than me. "He's my boyfriend, I think I'm allowed to know it all."