Chapter 11

"Kayla? Are you naked?" Joe asks while laughing a bit. He is standing in front of the bedroom door. "No?" I answer questionably. It's quite a weird question to ask. "Then I can come in." Joe says as walks into the room at the same time.

"What should I wear?" I fall backwards on the bed. "Well you can wear a dress. Almost every girl does, so.." Joe walks to the closet. He starts looking through my cloths. I hope I don't have my bra's randomly laying there. I'm quite a messy person, so that chance is pretty big.

"This one." He grabs a dress I bought a really long time ago. "I don't know if it still fits. I probably became too fat." I laugh and grab the dress. The short dress is black and I can't even remember why I ever bought it. It will be too short I think.

"I'll try this on." I say as a hint for Joe to leave the room. Joe doesn't get it and I nod in the direction of the door. "Leave." He laughs and walks out of the room. I close the door behind him so I can put the dress on. I quickly change and look into the mirror. "Well it still fits but it's a little short." The bottom of the dress reaches between my hip and knees. It's a tight, short, black, basic dress.

"Uh Joe, I've the dress on but I'm not sure about it.." Joe quickly walks into the room again. I immediately get butterflies in my stomach. He looks from my toes to my shoulders and back. It looks like he's checking me out and I don't like it.
"And? It's a little short, isn't it?" I say to break the ice. He shakes his head but says nothing. "I'll ask Zoe for her opinion then." I say quickly and pass Joe. That was quite awkward.

"Zoe?" Zoe makes a random sound from the living room to let me know she's there. I walk into the living room to ask Zoe for her opinion. "Zoe what do you think of this dress? I know it's quite short and tight, but it's for tonight." Zoe walks towards me to look at me.

"Kayla, this dress is amazing! Why didn't you show it to me before? It's quite basic but it fits you perfectly." I laugh till I understand she isn't joking. "Oh well thank you, I guess. Can you make a picture, so I can see it myself?" I give my phone to Zoe and she makes a picture.

"Here you go. I really like it." She says and gives me my phone back. I smile to Zoe and I open the picture. "Why aren't you coming with us?" I ask while looking at myself in the picture. I look up for a moment and I see she is shaking her head quickly. "I don't like clubbing, it's too busy and there are too many people in one little room. I also dislike most of the people in there." I nod slowly. I don't say anything about her remark. "I look fat though." I say laughingly and zoom in to my stomach. "You don't look fat you silly." She pushes my phone away.

"I think you should start doing your hair and makeup, you have 10 minutes left before you go." Zoe points to the clock and I see it's 10 minutes to 8. "But my makeup and hair isn't anything special, I'm ready in 5 minutes."

Zoe starts jumping and almost happy dancing. "Woah, what's wrong with you?" I laugh about Zoe being this excited.
"Can I please do it this time? Please?"
I laugh and nod. "Yes you can." She runs to her makeup collection. Which is huge by the way! I'm surprised by how big it is every time I see it. "I'm so excited!" She says really overexcited. "I can see that!"

"Done!" Zoe steps back and looks from a distance. "Yes it's nice this way." She grabs a mirror and shows me. "Wow, I look so different." Zoe starts telling me what she has done. She put on a light pink lipstick and my eyes are darker than normal. "It looks so cool." I say when I look again in the mirror. "Well thank you, I think I'm allowed to do your hair too now?" She asks with a big smile. I nod and she immediately starts curling my hair.

The doorbell rings when she's almost finished. "Joe?! There is someone at the door!" Zoe screams to Joe. In the corner of my eye I see Joe walking to the front door. A few seconds later I hear a strong British accent echoing through the apartment.