Chapter 69

I wake up to Joe singing in the shower again. I walk to the bathroom and walk into the bathroom. "Kayla, I swear to God, if you're filming I will jump naked on you right now." I laugh and shake my head. "I'm not filming Joe." He sighs hard so I can hear it. "Do I have to wait for a long time Joe?" I ask and just a second later Joe turns the shower off. "No, I'm done."

I look around and find Joe who just wrapped a towel around him. I walk to him and lift his arm so I can see the wounds on his elbows as well. As I move it he groans. I smile in an excusing way. "I'm sorry Joe." He laughs and grabs both of my hands. He lifts them and puts them around his neck. Then he puts his hands on my waist and smiles.

His hair is still wet and so is his body. He just stands there, looking at me. I smile and I want to squeeze him, but I hold myself as his muscles must still hurt badly as well. He pulls me as close as possible against him and I wrap my arms around his neck. He gives me a kiss and I smile while pulling back.

"Why are you making me so happy Kayla?" I smile and shake my head. "Ask yourself." I say and lean with my hand on his naked shoulder. "I've asked myself but I couldn't come to a good answer." I laugh and I really have to hold myself from squeezing him. "I don't make you half as happy as you make me happy Joseph." He laughs and pulls back a bit. "I doubt that."

I move my fingers over his cheek, which is still open because of the wound. He groans softly and I move my hands lower to his naked chest and abs. I follow my hands with my eyes till Joe lifts my chin with the back of his hand. He pulls a little smile on his face, but I can see it isn't real. "What's that?"

I follow his eyes and I see he's looking at my wrists.

Oh fuck.

How am I going to get out of this? I'm definitely not going to tell him that I've been cutting. "Oh nothing." I move them away to give myself some more time to think of a good answer.

"Kayla, this is something." He gently grabs my wrist again. I pull it back quickly. "I.. I fell yesterday." Joe frowns a bit. "I fell when we were skating, you were far ahead of me and I fell over. It didn't hurt too much, don't worry." He seems to believe it and I'm so glad he does. "Oh okay, next time just tell me okay?" I nod. "I was going to but then you fell and I decided to leave it."

Joe opens the door for me. We just came back home from walking through the city. "Thank you, your ex-girlfriend has taught you very well." He laughs and we walk into the house. I sit on the couch and Joe's disappeared into the kitchen. I look at my phone and find a message of Hanna. I forgot! This is the third day we're here and she's probably here as well now.

Kayla! We're in LA too now! We should skype to show my stupid parents that you're not a creepy man :') How about now? I don't know if you're having internet connection now but I'll receive a message from you soon I guess. Xx

She's sent it only 4 minutes ago. I decide to message her back and I grab my MacBook. As soon as I have opened Skype I get an incoming call from Hanna. I cover my camera and answer the call. "Hey! Huh, Kayla?" I look at the screen and see only Hanna. I take my finger of the webcam. "I thought maybe you forgot that your sister has no idea that I'm this Kayla."

"So, have you thought about it already? Are we just going to say you've met @kayla_horwitz? And then we're not internet besties who have met or do you want to say you've met @littlesuggx and no pictures or something?" Hanna shrugs. "Or we say I've met both, because in fact I actually did then." She smiles cheeky and I laugh about her. She's such a funny person to talk with.

"Is your sister coming as well or only you?" She laughs and tells me that Eve is coming with her but Eve has to go away in 10 minutes as she isn't allowed to stay without their parents and their parents want to do stuff while they're in LA, what I totally understand. Eve is 14 and Hanna is 19. I understand that their parents don't want Eve to be with some stranger.

"Okay I'm going to Eve and my parents to tell them that I'm meeting you and I bet Eve wants to see you for a second. She has become the biggest Jayla shipper, without a doubt. It's adorable." I laugh, I'm excited to see Eve, she's one of my internet friends without her knowing. This is a weird situation.

Hanna has called Eve and in a few seconds I see a happy girl appearing in the room. "O my god! Kayla, hi! I'm a big fan, even though you're not having a YouTube channel or something. I've seen the video with you and Joe like 20 times, and I'm not even joking." I laugh about her fangirling this much and she's been talking to me for two months now.

"Hi Eve!" I laugh and wave. "So we're going to meet eh?" She nods really happily. I want to start talking again till Joe interrupts me by calling my name. I look behind me to the door. "Joe! I'm Skyping, wait a second!" Joe answers me with; "I don't want to wait, just come!" I laugh and shake my head. I look back at the screen and find Eve being a typical fangirl. She's squeezing Hanna's hand and she's clearly very excited about hearing Joe. "Joe wait that flipping minute! I'm not coming."

I look start talking to Eve again, but she's not able to listen anymore. Eve is a big fan of Joe and I kinda understand her. "Joe? Can you come for a second?" I smile teasingly to Hanna and Eve. Eve starts jumping and freaking out towards Hanna who's just laughing, she had seen Joe so often but she's still so excited to see him on the screen.

Joe walks into the room and falls next on me on the couch. "Hi Hanna, nice to see you again! And?" Eve tries her hardest but she's freaking out too much. "That's Eve," I say and Joe waves. "She's our biggest shipper, well that's what she says." I laugh and look at Joe who starts smiling cheeky. "Come then."

He puts his hand underneath my chin and kisses me quickly in front of Eve and Hanna. "Joe! Don't!" I push Joe away from me. Joe only laughs about it and looks at Eve and Hanna again. "Hi Eve, sorry about that.. That was Kayla's fault."

I shake my head disapprovingly. "Ignore him." He laughs and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "Joe fuck off!" I laugh and push his arm away, what causes a lot of pain as his elbow bumps against the couch. He groans and I quickly put my laptop on the table to turn around to Joe. "Oh I'm so sorry Joe!"

He smiles a bit and slides away from me. I laugh and see him teasing me. I grab my laptop again. "Everything's fine here! Anyway when are.. Oh wait Joe, Hanna, Eve and I are going to meet, you've to be a good boyfriend for one day okay?" He nods. "But I'm always a good boyfriend?" I laugh sarcastically to him to tease him, but it's actually true.

Hanna and I have chosen a time and place where we're going to meet. I'm actually excited, I think I can understand how fans should be when they meet Joe, everyone loves to meet their internet friends but they love meeting Joe even more, so that would be really exciting for everyone then.

"Bye guys! Have nice day tomorrow and I'll see you in two days!" I say and Hanna waves. "Can I make a picture before you two go? For on Twitter?" Eve asks and I nod. "Sure." I smile and Joe wraps his arm around me and pulls me close against him. "Thank you so much!"

I put the laptop on the table and pull my feet up on the couch. Joe slides closer to me and I lean against his chest. I sigh and I push myself against Joe's chest. "They seem nice. I knew Hanna of course but Eve seems cool too." I nod, they definitely are.