Chapter 70

I wake up and find Joe still being asleep next to me, the first time this holiday. I sneak out of bed. I walk down the stairs and get into the kitchen. I'm not hungry at all but I'm in the mood to make breakfast. I decide to make a scrambled egg on toast for Joe then. I've literally just finished the breakfast when I hear footsteps on the stairs. I walk to the door. Joe opens the door and I almost push the breakfast in his hands. "Good morning." I say happily and give him a quick kiss.

Joe looks surprised and keeps looking at me for a long time. "Joe? You can go and eat it." I laugh and he nods. "Have you eaten yet?" I shake my head, I'll make myself a bowl with porridge, that will do. I'm making my breakfast and Joe's still standing in the doorway.

"Joe? It's nothing special! Just eat your breakfast love." Joe smiles and walks towards me. He puts his breakfast on the table and gives me a quite unexpected kiss. I put my hand on the side of his neck and feel the back of his hand on my jawline. I love him so much, it starts to scare me.

"Would you like to go to the beach today? The weather is absolutely beautiful!" Joe's just finished the breakfast I've made him. I nod. "Yeah sure, sounds fun." I say while laughing a bit. "And I can practise skating again, without falling." Joe pulls a sarcastic smile and I laugh at him, I love his smile so much.

I lean a bit closer to his face to look at his wound on his face. "It still looks painful though." He puts his hand on it for a second. "It is still painful." He says. I softly touch his cheek a bit and he groans. "Yep, still painful." He says. I get up from the couch. "Shall we go then?"

I grab Joe's wrist and start running over the beach. It's really nice weather indeed and there quite a few people. I slow down again and laugh as I look back to Joe. I look to my right, at the sea. It calms me down so much, it's such a relaxing sound. Every wave is the same but it's still different every time.

We walk over the beach next to each other when I feel his hand grabbing mine. I blush a bit and smile. I'm so distracted by it that I don't notice that I stand on the sand castle of two little girls. "You broke it." One of them says. I look down and see that I've actually ruined it. "Oh sorry! I'll help you!"

I look at Joe and shrug. I sit down next to the two little girls and help them building it up again. "Like this?" I ask and the girl shakes her head. "No, I want it like this other one." She points to the other 'tower'. To be honest mine looks exactly the same but I'll make it over again. I break it down and start again.

Joe sits down next to me, between me and the two girls. He leans towards me. "You're cute." He says and starts building as well. The little girl looks at Joe and smiles. "And, what's your name?" Joe asks. Joe starts talking to the little girl and the girl absolutely loves Joe. She stops building and sits down in front of Joe and starts telling Joe a whole novel about absolutely nothing. I love it when little children do that.

"Oh really? Wow, that's so cool!" Joe says to the little girl and I smile, Joe's absolutely the cutest with children. He loves them, you can see that. "Are you two a mummy and daddy?" The girls asks Joe. Joe laughs and shakes his head. "No but we are together indeed, what do you think? Is she cute enough for me?" The girl doubts but then nods her head. "Yeah but I think you should dumb her for me."

We both laugh about the little girl. Joe shakes his head. "But I'm in love with her. You're cute as well though." She smiles big and looks back at the castle. The other girl and I have finished it. "Is it nice now?" I ask and the two girls nod enthusiastically with a big smile on their faces. I smile and get up from the sand again. The girl, who was talking to Joe, gets up and gives Joe a big hug.

"Joe! You're so adorable with little children! Aw.." I mention as soon as we're like 10 feet away from the children. Joe smiles and wraps his arm around me. We walk along the sea for a moment without saying anything. Joe pulls me against him and squeezes me for a moment. "I love them."

I follow Joe into the gym. Joe has been to this gym last year as well when he was here. As we walk in a big, muscled guy walks past us. I'm getting nervous now. I'm so insecure about my body and then, being between these people makes it even worse. We're changed already and decide to get started quickly.

I pull my top off so I'm only wearing my sports bra, and my shorts of course. I look at Joe who started doing squats with weights. I'm actually done already. I look at everyone around us. There are a few guys here and only one other girl. I'm actually glad as girls judge way more than guys. Two guys beckon me and I walk to them. Joe will find me.

"Hi!" I say while sitting down next to these two guys, one of them is really muscled and the other is actually pretty cute. The cute, with the light brown hair, guy raises his hand to me. "Logan." He smiles at me and as he smiles a dimple appears what looks pretty damn cute. I shake his hand and greet him back. "Kayla." I say and look at the other guy. "Caspar."

"Wait, how is that spelled?" I ask. He spells it for me and it's the exact same way as the name of Caspar, my weird good friend back in the UK Caspar. "Ah, my friend has the exact same name." Caspar seems quite surprised about it. "It's not really a regular name." I nod, that's 100% true.

Logan has joined me with sitting down on the ground and we look at Caspar lifting a pretty impressive weight. Three other guys join us and Logan and Caspar immediately greet them with a typical man hug. I get up from the ground as well and shake their hand. "This is Kayla, she's on a holiday here. She came from the UK, that explains her cute accent." Logan tells the others and I'm surprised that he actually listened and remembered.

It's actually so much fun with the guys I don't even notice that a girl walked towards me. "What the fuck are you thinking what you're doing?" She whispers annoyed to me. I frown a bit and shrug. "Not much actually, I was just sitting th.." She cuts me off. "Don't mess with me."

I look at the body of the girl, she's having a proper six pack and massive arm muscles. It's quite scary if you ask me. I would never ever want to have this many muscles as a woman. She's black hair and a few tattoos. "Sorry, I've no idea what I'm doing wrong, to be honest." She smiles sarcastically. "I'll tell you what you're doing wrong.."

The guys are all working out again, only me and that other girl aren't. "You're just thinking that you, your cute face and your adorable accent can replace me. But love, you can't. You're sweet, really, but these guys aren't waiting for a sweet girl like you."

I think I start to understand. She was always the only girl in the group, she doesn't want me to come here because I'm a girl as well. What's wrong with LA girls? Everyone immediately hates me or something. Caspar and Logan are walking towards us. Caspar wraps his arms around the shoulders of the girl in front of me. "Soph, don't worry, she's fine." Logan chuckles. "Sophie can be really.. Uhm sanguineous." Logan explains to me. "Am I wrong Soph?" She shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

"Why don't you two leave each other alone for now? Kayla, are you coming with me?" Logan asks and I nod, I don't want to be around that Sophie anymore, she clearly doesn't want me here. I stop when I pass her and whisper something into her ear.

"I'm definitely not here to replace you. I might have an adorable accent, but I'm also having a boyfriend who's here as well." As soon as I said the word boyfriend she startles. Her whole attitude changes. "Oh sor.." I wink quickly and follow Logan away from Sophie.

"I'll help you." Logan lifts me up so I can actually reach the iron rod. He jumps and grabs the rob too. I pull myself up and go down slowly again. I see Joe looking around and he's probably looking for me. "I'm going, bye guys!" I wave to the 5 guys and Sophie who all scream bye back. I run to Joe who looks weird at me. "Oh I've made some friends."

Joe throws his towel at me. "Joe!" I throw it back while laughing. "What was that for?" He shrugs. "Because you didn't introduce me to your new friends." I laugh and we walk out of the gym. "They're not really new friends though. That girl hated me already because she thought I was about to replace her, then I told her about you and now we're alright I guess. And those other guys, I don't know. Caspar seems pretty nice but nothing special, Logan is really nice and cute, so if you dumb me, he will be the next boyfriend." I tease and wrap my arms around his chest.

"Kayla!" I shrug while looking confused, even though I'm not. "Nothing's wrong with that." I say. "You're having Mila Kunis as backup plan don't ya?" He chuckles a bit but shakes his head. "That's different." Now it's my turn to shake my head. "No Joe it's not, I mean, there are SO many girls out there who have you as a backup plan, like if I was a fangirl, what could have been possible, I still would have you as my boyfriend now right? So, who knows?"